PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be back

bencrvr
1st March 2011, 05:56 PM
Hi everyone, I used to spend a lot of time on these boards about ten years ago. I realized I was ungrounded in my searching and was seeking otherworldly experiences as a form of escape. So I dug into the good ol' hear and now, did some traveling, and grew as a person. A couple summers ago I read Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" and it provided the balance between the spiritual and the "mundane" that I needed. Feel like I'm still integrating the first 50 pages. In it he mentions using inner body awareness as a great way to be present and I remembered RB's NEW. Still had "Astral Dynamics" in my parents' closet so i dug it out last time I was there and have been reading it again and practicing basics. Last time I didn't have patience for the fundamentals so even though I experienced some intense sensations I never had an OBE. Experimented with some entheogens like ayahuasca, salvia, and mushrooms. They were great but ultimately the message was to get there myself. My goal now is to experience OBE and energy growth as an expansion of life as it is, not an escape from what I don't care for. Gotta go, my library internet time is about to run out. Peace, Ben

CFTraveler
1st March 2011, 08:40 PM
Hi Ben and welcome to the forums. I hope we can be helpful.

Silver wolf
2nd March 2011, 01:44 AM
Welcome back, i hope to see later on forums...^^

greytraveller
2nd March 2011, 05:19 PM
Hallo bencrvr and welcome.
Many people consider OBEs and astral projection as a form of growth. Let's hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Regards 8)
Grey

sandrofabres
18th July 2011, 03:14 PM
Hi,
Some years ago I was curious about entheogens, not for fun, because never I used them nor understood why so many people like them specially during the teenage, but I am regularly looked by persons seeking spiritual help or knowledge, and I felt that it was a area in which I was not useful, because any teenager knew some practical things about this and me not. I entered in contact with shamans and other person that regularly work with entheogens and ask them explain the differences between experiences with and without them, but these people were always vague, always subjective, and it seemed that they are avoiding reply directly.

So, I decided try them personally. I will not name the types used nor dosages, because there is some rules here. I think that I tried 7 or 8 kinds, and in traditional dosages to produce complete experiences. Results: Well, I had insights? Yes. I had visions? Yes. In that visions I entered in old temples inside jungle and was received by the elemental teacher of that plant? Yes. I entered in contact wiht another intelligences? Yes. But I never had any vision or experience stronger, clearer, or productive than I had without them. And using them you have no control, so, they are useless experiences. The kind of person that like to use them is usually a person that satisfy himself with “any” experience, they want see or feel “something”. But when you are serious about spiritual/psychic/mystic seek, you have nothing useful or workable from entheogens, and the few that you have, you can reach them easier, quicker, and clearer without them, after some initial training.

I knew this conclusions from occultists writers before, but I though that this conclusion was only result from prejudice. Well, It is not, it is a exact conclusion. They are useful only to person that never had any kind of spiritual experience, and even so they need do it below specific astral influences to direct the experience to a usefull (not chaotic ) and self-revealing direction.

The more destructive results of the entheogenic culture, I think, is that much persons, inclusive modern shamans, REALLY BELIEVE that mystic experiences, spiritual ecstasies and even “revealed truth” ONLY happens if the person uses entheogens. This conclusion is result of a childish level of mind, don’t matter how many PhDs that person has. A person that believe in this have absolutely none practical knowledge about spiritual matters, but they write books, open websites and have hundreds of followers.

The entheogens has their place and applications, but they are like those little wheels used by childs learning to use a bike. If you know cycle, they disturb you, if you don’t know, you quicky will know and can discard them. But if you believe in those kind of “shamans”, you will forever dependent of it, exactly like they are too.

Oh yes, and there is a little detail to add: to persons propense to possesion, entheogens open all doors. I read some posts here about possession and was thinking how many of those people are drug users. I will not ask them, but the first medicine is stop all drug usage and wait at least 6 months to your aura close again...if you has lucky.

Beekeeper
19th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Welcome, Bencrvr.:D