PDA

View Full Version : May have had beginning of experience?

lamommy78
4th March 2011, 07:59 PM
Hello! I am new to this forum and recently became interested in Astral Dynamics after reading about Near Death Experiences. I have been working on atral projection for about a month now. I think I may have been close to an exit last night for the first time. I was trying to stay awake longer than my child who co-sleeps with me because i wanted to read after she fell asleep. I was relaxing my body and probably drifting off to sleep when all of a sudden I became completely awake yet my eyes were closed. I felt a tingling sensation in my body so I immediately started concentrating on the rope pull technique when my heart began racing, my ears had a "whooshing" sound in them, and I was short of breath. Nothing happened beyond that and even though I tried again for another half hour or so afterwards I couldn't calm myself down enough to relax. I eventually gave up and went to sleep.

Do you think this was just an adrenaline rush from thinking about the possibility of an exit (it was all in my head)? Or do you think I could be close to an actual exit? I also had a fleeting thought of fear during my experience which probably kept me from being successful. I'm working on that. I was really excited about it all until I came across a blog filled with negative experiences and now I'm a bit afraid, but not giving up.

Advice? Thoughts?

CFTraveler
4th March 2011, 08:14 PM
I think you were getting there- next time I recommend that instead of launching yourself into an exit technique, to try some energy body loosening (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13419) first, and see how you feel about going for the exit. Symptoms such as yours can start in a light trance or a deep trance- and in your case it could have been reentry sensations after a click-out. So to be sure, a little energy body loosening will get you deeper into a trance while maintaining your awareness, and trying for an exit may have a better outcome of done a little later.

ps. Nice to meetcha, lamommy.

lamommy78
4th March 2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks! I was just reading through the other posts and found some info on body loosening and I was thinking the same thing-- that I should have started with that instead of the rope technique. I will definitely give it a try next time. I feel like I'm getting so close.

lamommy78
4th March 2011, 10:16 PM
Something different happened this afternoon. I was lying on the couch concentrating on a body loosening technique (the expansion and contraction) when it seems as though I lost track of time and consciousness. All of a sudden I felt a strong tugging sensation in my throat which expanded to my chest and it was so odd that I immediately thought "This is it! It's happening" and I opened my real eyes, but could still feel the protrusion from my chest for another few seconds and then it went back down. There were no vibrations or anything. I thought I heard someone in my mind say "submit to it".

So strange. If it hadn't felt so real-- almost like someone trying to pick up my torso, but my head stayed behind--- I would think it was only imagined.

CFTraveler
4th March 2011, 10:19 PM
When you are in trance energy sensations are very keenly felt, and the voice sounds like a symptom of trance. So you were going into it pretty strongly. Have you read this (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7304) post before?

lamommy78
4th March 2011, 10:36 PM
That's very helpful. Thank you. I think I understand better now what you meant by "click- out". I will keep these in mind. It seems as if everything happens so quickly. It's difficult to really get a grasp on what's happening at the time.

lamommy78
8th March 2011, 01:06 PM
I've been using the body loosening techniques and tried again for about two hours last night in bed. No success. However I gave up and rolled onto my left side because my back was uncomfortable by that point and I like to sleep on my side. Several times I got the tingly feeling and even felt my legs rising again while on ny side with my arms crossed over my chest. I made a little effort to move my awareness up a few times since I was having sensations, but I was really just too tired to try.

Something different that occurred during my attempts-- I had stronger vibrations and a few times it felt like my finger got " shocked" by static electricity and when that happened I heard a "pop" and my finger jerked.

CFTraveler
8th March 2011, 02:24 PM
That's interesting. A 'pop' is sometimes heard when your consciousness expands (there's a thread about this somewhere, I'll have to look.) I suggest when you officially give up, not to roll over and go to sleep- instead get up off the bed, walk around, and then go back to bed. It keeps you from conditioning yourself to go to sleep after an attempt.

lamommy78
8th March 2011, 06:11 PM
I thought of something that may be holding me back. I tend to lay prone with my head centered on a pillow in my projection attempts. I've noticed that when I relax enough to enter the trance state my throat relaxes in such a way that I tend to block it off or snore which wakes me up, probably physically as well as mentally. I've been trying to alleviate this by tilting my head back farther to open up my airway, but its not as comfortable. It occurred to me today that the one time I felt like my chest was rising out of my body I had my head turned sideways at the time. This may be worthless information, but just something I thought about.

lamommy78
10th March 2011, 12:19 AM
Update: well I had a very long, very vivid dream last night, but unfortunately I didn't become lucid. My meditations didn't get me anywhere, either. So does anyone believe my chances for AP will increase with the full moon next weekend?

lamommy78
10th March 2011, 02:27 PM
I woke up at 3am and my dream was interrupted by noise, so I tried to project. At the point of nearly falling asleep I had intense feelings of my whole body rising. My throat made me uncomfortable, as it often does. I don't know why I get a breathless, choking feeling. I was focusing on the texture of the ceiling and imagining myself hugging the ceiling and feeling it with my hands. My heart rate sped up and I felt my sinuses open up, probably due to vasoconstriction caused by my adrenaline rush. Eventually I became too aware of my body, I guess, and everything subsided.

CFTraveler
10th March 2011, 02:33 PM
You are sooo close! Next time this happens go back to trance (if you have the time) and just see what happens.

lamommy78
10th March 2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks, Cft! It's really nice to always get a quick response from someone. I was worried that I'm probably boring everyone.:)

I think I'm close, too.

lamommy78
12th March 2011, 10:31 AM
Tried to project this morning really early while still dark out. I didn't get far, but had a few images and sounds. At one point it seemed like a loud high-pitched siren went off in my ears. Very unnerving! Then once when I was getting flashes of imagery one image began to shake. Does that sometimes happen with the onset of vibrations? Anyway, I was feeling rather nervous at that point because it sounded and felt as if someone was standing next to me. I felt as if I kept hitting the right level of trance only briefly over and over. I just couldn't maintain it. I never had any physical sensations.

CFTraveler
12th March 2011, 03:39 PM
At one point it seemed like a loud high-pitched siren went off in my ears. Very unnerving! Then once when I was getting flashes of imagery one image began to shake. Does that sometimes happen with the onset of vibrations? Anyway, I was feeling rather nervous at that point because it sounded and felt as if someone was standing next to me. I felt as if I kept hitting the right level of trance only briefly over and over. I just couldn't maintain it. I never had any physical sensations.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7304 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7304)