PDA

View Full Version : Another place that doesn't have a 'physical' presence

Tanhausser
9th March 2011, 09:43 AM
I had some very close friends around for lunch a while back - lots of good spirited conversation about all sorts of things - eventually it fell into Religion - organised religion as opposed to faith: Generally, none of us follow organised religion, but some of us do have 'faith' in something greater - although none of us could actually define that.

Eventually I raised the question - 'what do you think happens to you when you die' and the conversation ran around the table for all of us to make comment:

When it was my turn, I was explaining that I believed 'part of us' goes on to another plane / level / place - whatever.. our spirit or energy - I couldn't describe what: I found myself trying to explain what it felt like when your spirit leaves your body and moves up into that place where you are at once recognised - welcomed - embraced in warmth and affection - wrapped in security and safety - that it wasn't an 'alternative world' where we still walk around and talk to people, but that we do still communicate....by thought..

I found myself saying these things: this is not a conversation I had had before - I had never voiced this before but I still remember strongly that what I was trying to explain was a deep emotion or feeling that I had experienced - and I recognized it as something that I had done more than once.

The table sat in silence listening and I brushed it off as 'I believe this is what happens' but I though about it later: Where ever it is that we go - I have been there, and not just once. I have been going there when I am asleep for years - since childhood actually - I now recall coming back from it and not wanting to leave it:

Maybe it is another level of conciousness - maybe it was all a dream, but I know that I remembered this incredible feeling - emotion - intense joy and calm - that I was trying to describe:

I have flown through clouds before - I have looked up into the sky and immediately flown there: I know what the view is from a certain point up in the sky looking down and I have done this since childhood - my mother thought I has balmy when I tried to explain it to her: But this spiritual experience is something different, but somehow connected.

Korpo
9th March 2011, 10:09 AM
Hello, Tanhausser.

You probably brought through a memory of your "life between lives" - a term used by author Michael Newton. In special moments memories from other parts of our being are available to us. I believe in reincarnation, and I believe part of us remembers the experience of dying and the afterlife. It seems like you temporarily accessed this memory.

Cheers,
Oliver

Tanhausser
10th March 2011, 10:49 PM
Oliver Hi

Thanks for the thoughts.. there are all sorts of ways to rationalise this and I have attempted most of them:
One is that wherever it is that I go - it is within all of us - a repository somewhere deep in the mind that holds all of the most precious thoughts and memories - it simply requires a certain state of mind to access it: However, none of them actually stack up to what I have felt. The emotion I felt was deep, overwhelming - almost a deep ache like being madly and passionately in love.. so full of joy that I could almost explode with it.. and that joy and absolute calm lingers after I have been there..

To me, it is there - just on the other side so to speak - in a certain meditative state, we can step into it and return.

I firmly believe that this is where we go when we die - we meet the 'essence' of the people and animals we have loved deeply and lost and that belief is a huge comfort..

Thanks and Cheers
John

Nightglider
14th April 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Tanhausser

Your description and emotions you experienced is a real insight into the realisation of how these experiences can leave us with a profound sense of peace and calmness.

As you know I have experienced this and I can, as many would also, understand and feel the same feelings and emotions that you felt, and nobody can take that away from us, no matter what there belief systems are.

Keep up these experiences when you can and enjoy reading your book!

Nightglider