PDA

View Full Version : brow overload

sash
2nd April 2006, 08:20 AM
I have a question that is open to anyone who would like to share their opinion :

Which method/technique do you personally use to aleviate headaches originating from brow chakra energy overload?

Thanks

Jaco
2nd April 2006, 09:30 AM
Maybe You should try not to overload your brow chakra, then You won't have headaches? :? I don't know... :?

sash
2nd April 2006, 10:48 AM
You mean
avoid all stimulation of brow chakra altogether??

Jaco
2nd April 2006, 11:29 AM
You mean
avoid all stimulation of brow chakra altogether??

No not al all :) Just don't overdo it. :)
I stimulate brow chakra from time to time, and I do not have any unpleasant side effects, any headaches, nor migraines :)
If you have headaches after stimulating brow chakra, maybe you're stimulating it too hard? :)

sash
2nd April 2006, 11:49 AM
Maybe so.
I have (more or less) stopped stimulating it directly but today I did an experiment to energize the throat chakra quite a lot quite quickly and it surged into my heart and brow chakra and I was left with a headache for the rest of the day.

The problem I think is that the chakra system is inter-connected and even nondirect stimulation can still affect each chakra ...

But other chakras dont' have as ill effects as brow I have noticed.

Jaco
2nd April 2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe so.
I have (more or less) stopped stimulating it directly but today I did an experiment to energize the throat chakra quite a lot quite quickly and it surged into my heart and brow chakra and I was left with a headache for the rest of the day.

The problem I think is that the chakra system is inter-connected and even nondirect stimulation can still affect each chakra ...

But other chakras dont' have as ill effects as brow I have noticed.
Then, maybe you should taka a break from any primary chakra stimulating for some time, until the brow chakra calms down a bit? I don’t know, for a week, two weeks perhaps :?

I did an experiment to energize the throat chakra quite a lot quite quickly
You're so brutal on your chakras ;) :lol:

chakra74
2nd April 2006, 02:49 PM
When I first started practicing aura viewing and chakra stimulation years ago I had the exact same problem. First I would get pressure in my head and eventually I would get head aches. The head aches just kept getting worse for me.

I came back to this subject last year after a long break (8-10 years) and I have found that the head aches don't happen now. I think it has to do a little with balance, at the time when I first started I was putting 10 times the effort into my brow then anywhere else, and I think that's why I payed that price.

Aunt Clair
2nd April 2006, 09:23 PM
Robert Bruce suggests to treat brow centre headaches as you would any headache adding that you might also try to use the energy for healing or energy work .To spend it will decrease the pain . Practicing clairvoyance will spend it .

You can also send the energy down from the crown and purge it to the palms or heels .

2nd April 2006, 09:27 PM
Sash,
I sometimes have the same problem. It doesn't always work, but quite often. I try to "pull" the energy down into a lower chakra. Not to the throat. I have the same thing where if I stimulate one chakra, it will often stimulate the one above it. So, pull energy down to any chakra below the heart. You have to keep doing or concentrating on this for at least several minutes. As soon as I take my attention away (if too soon), the brow starts pounding again.

If that doesn't work, I will try to move the energy up to the crown, open up the crown 360 degrees (does that make sense?). In other words open the crown chakra as wide as possible, and "push" the energy out. I always try this as a last resort, because sometimes the crown doesn't want to open and I end up just pounding the headache against my skull. OUCH!

As a last, last resort, I take 3 tablets of Ibuprofin or Aspirin. :lol: Works like a charm. :wink:

Tom
2nd April 2006, 09:51 PM
The thing is that this pressure around and in the third eye is not something which is happening in isolation. Most people carry tension in their physical, emotional, and mental bodies. I'm not really making a specific suggestion so much as saying that it is important to do general things to improve the situation, because there are likely to be things that are intensifying the symptoms.

stargazer
2nd April 2006, 10:43 PM
sash, I'm similar to PHG, I redirect energy downwards. Actually you know, I was originally taught in reiki healing that if it was too intense in your brow chakra, that you needed to ground that energy, and I would send it down through my feet. But what a waste of energy! (though I'm sure the Earth could use it) Now i redirect it into subnavel storage, as if doing the energy raising complete circuit. Seems to work well enough for me at getting rid of brow chakra headache.

Tom
2nd April 2006, 10:55 PM
The reason why the pressure in and around the third eye is painful is because it is caused by energy that is no longer flowing freely. It is stuck. Whether you respond by using it or moving it away from the area, that is a temporary solution. It is more important to address the underlying causes so that in the future the energy is not getting stuck there and building up to painful levels.

stargazer
3rd April 2006, 12:05 AM
Pain is also a side effect of developmental work.. more energy is trying to flow than the chakra can support. It's reasonable to assume that headaches might be a side effect of doing work in that area... I kinda take it as the muscle pain of doing workouts, rather than a spontaneous pain that would need to be addressed (although that can occur). You exercise and do a bit more each time.

It is definitely an important consideration... for instance, is the brow chakra being worked before the lower chakras have been sufficientally developed? I made that mistake early on because it's such an easy chakra to stimulate and suffered days of headaches and brain fog. Now, six months after I've taken the time to develop support structures, brow chakra stimulation is not painful. I've been able to do some fairly intense 3rd eye work without side effects.

But I don't think it's unreasonable to get the occasional headache in doing brow chakra work... using energy or redirecting it may alleviate symptoms temporarily until that chakra is developed enough to handle the load. I imagine it's similar to the unpleasant tingling and stinging that occurs when you do preliminary work with the soles of your feet.. it's the price of energetic development.. and diminishes with time and practice.

Tom
3rd April 2006, 12:46 AM
It looks like Sash has been doing energy work for nearly a year at a minimum, and probably starting with the secondary energy centers supporting each of the primary chakras. I'm sure we are not talking about just getting started and jumping directly to primary chakra work in general or third eye work in particular. I'm also fairly sure that Sash has developed somewhat of a tolerance for painful side effects and is not jumping to conclusions about energy little twinge of a headache or other pain. I've been saying for years that moving energy out of the head. Sometimes that is enough, but it has already been said and I am going to add something new to the thread. There are other factors and stress or tension generally is probably what is causing the third eye pressure.

3rd April 2006, 01:20 AM
I was doing chakra work long before I was able to feel energy to the degree that I can after incorporating NEW. And, I was clairvoyant and seeing auras long before NEW also. So, apparently, I had at least some chakras going before NEW. I find it interesting that I got typical headaches, but after development with NEW, the brow chakra pain is definitely in a different place and of a different quality than a regular headache. And, I've always had tension headaches.

Tom, I agree with you that it's probably multiple factors going on. But, the fact remains that for me, the brow chakra pounding is a completely different feeling than a regular headache. I haven't worked on my brow chakra any more than the others, so I know it's not a case of imbalance. But, another strange thing...with the pounding has also come stronger psychic abilities. Yeh, I know, opening up your third eye increases psi abilities. But, the pounding is off and on and there's no rhyme or reason to it.

It's all a puzzle to me. So, I just keep on trying to develop all chakras evenly and using my energy pushing technique to get rid of the pounding. **shrug** Maybe someone else knows something?

sash
3rd April 2006, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll try them out and will report back.

Tom, I am curious about the other factors you mention, could you explain them please if you have the time? The 'underlying causes' etc.
I have been doing energy work for a couple of years but I have to go to some effort to active chakras, whereas brow center is active pretty much all day, so I would say that there could be some imbalance here. Even so it seems as PHG said that there is something else that may be causing it, since if I overwork other chakras I don't get painful effects as badly.

stargazer
3rd April 2006, 01:48 AM
Tom, I didn't mean to imply that sash's problems were because of inexperience, I was just drawing a parallel to pain being related to developmental work, in a "is the pain a cause or effect" angle.

Pain, I think can occur at any stage of development... One resource I have says that headaches and migraines while doing certain developmental 3rd eye exercises are to be expected. I just wanted to throw it out there that it's considered a common side effect as well as a possible significator of a problem. Pain can signal growth as well as hinderance, depending on the person.

ETA: I understand that you are trying to tread new ground in the topic, but I just wanted to clarify my stance.

Tom
3rd April 2006, 04:31 PM
First I'd suggest starting with the physical body. Get lots of fluids, cut out junk food, add extra fruits and vegetables, avoid red meat, add some eggs and dairy products if you are not vegan, get some more sunshine, and exercise. The Alexander Technique is great for discovering and releasing physical tension, and this is a big source of the energy that drives the internal dialogue. Even minor dehydration or sleep deprivation can make a big difference with third eye work. Then look for areas of your life that you have been less than satisfied with, probably areas that you have avoided dealing with. For most people I know, this tends to be things like school, work, money, and other people. The stuff I've listed will sound like ways to work with chakras 1 through 5. That's true. The reason why the first chakra is sometimes called the base chakra is because it is a foundation and support for 2 through 7. A minor imbalance in the first chakra can be magnified severely by the time its influence reaches the third eye and crown chakras. It is the same way with the 2nd through 5th chakras. Starting with the physical causes is good because the physical, being the densest, can be the slowest to react. If you make improvements at that level first, you can still be getting results as you continue to work on emotional and mental levels as a sort of delayed reaction. The physical aspects are also commonly the first type of thing to be neglected by people who have reached the point of doing third eye work, but it is really important to keep going with all the previous levels to at least maintain them.

sash
4th April 2006, 06:47 AM
Thanks Tom

Your wisdom is invaluably useful