PDA

View Full Version : How Often to Practice

Archimedes
9th March 2011, 11:57 PM
So a basic questions is posed!

How often do you practice energy work?

I mostly practice when i am at work and I get about 30minutes at home during the work week but is this to much or to little?

:?:

I personally like my current practice situation but I intend to travel deep into the path of personal exploration/development. How often do I need to train???

CFTraveler
10th March 2011, 01:35 AM
When NEW was new to me (sorry about that) I used to practice as often as you (which was every time I could) but now, after some years (about six, I think) I just do it a few minutes when I meditate, and I don't every day (but I should). Today I dedicated a few minutes to it and will do some tonight, but really, it's about 5 or 10 minutes a day at the most. But I do try to do it every day, and I always feel better when I do it.

farewell2arms
10th March 2011, 04:33 PM
I personally like my current practice situation but I intend to travel deep into the path of personal exploration/development. How often do I need to train???

The more energy work you do, the more results you will see. Simple as that. So, it's all up to you, which pace you would like to set for yourself.

When I used to do energy work I did energy raising about 3-4 hours every day, and brushing exercises about 30 minutes every day.

IronGega
10th March 2011, 11:57 PM
I'd say do it every day for 1 to 2 hours.

then progress as you see fit to

Archimedes
11th March 2011, 11:23 PM
wow thats a lot 3-4hrs and 1-2hrs. What effects did that intensity cause. Were you buzzing all day long? LD's? OBE's? Other?

Cal
12th March 2011, 01:10 AM
wow thats a lot 3-4hrs and 1-2hrs. What effects did that intensity cause. Were you buzzing all day long? LD's? OBE's? Other?

I'd like to second this question. What benefits did you notice from this much energy work?

CFTraveler
12th March 2011, 02:04 AM
wow thats a lot 3-4hrs and 1-2hrs. What effects did that intensity cause. Were you buzzing all day long? LD's? OBE's? Other? BTW, I think that's too much. Unless you're used to long meditations and are in a hurry to achieve 'something'.

farewell2arms
12th March 2011, 08:06 AM

Well, I can't say I've had a lot of OBEs or lucid dreams. Then again it seems that was never really the purpose of why I did energy work. In the beginning I was constantly desiring these things and tried hard to have them. Then my kundalini started working on me, so I dropped energy work completely, now I just let the energetic symptoms flow as they will.

All kinds of energy work strengthens the energy body and increases vitality energy levels. My hypothesis is that this enabled my K to work on me more efficiently than might have been the case if I hadn't done this kind of energy work. Though I may never know. Indeed it's been a fast journey (one year three months this far) and there has been quite a few bumps in the road. For those without an active kundalini I doubt this would be the case, though.

In the end it's hard to tell why things happen as they do. The fact that I have a higher self that guides me through life can mean I didn't actually took these decisions myself.

wow thats a lot 3-4hrs and 1-2hrs. What effects did that intensity cause. Were you buzzing all day long? LD's? OBE's? Other? BTW, I think that's too much. Unless you're used to long meditations and are in a hurry to achieve 'something'.

The amount was of course built up over time. I started out slowly perhaps with 15 minutes, and then increased the amount every three days. It's important to listen to your body. The amount of energy work that can be done in one day varies, and if there is a feeling of soreness or similar symptoms it's a good idea to take a break.

Archimedes
12th March 2011, 01:46 PM
I wish I had the time to train more but I dont and I wouldnt want to interrupt or loose sleep over it. Thank you for the info though.