PDA

View Full Version : successsssssssss!

lamommy78
18th March 2011, 04:55 AM
Successssssssss!

Wow, it took, what, two months, lol? After another night of frustration after two hours of practice I rolled over on my side and decided to get comfortable for a while. I made no effort to stay awake and I think I fell asleep when I suddenly snapped back awake and popped up to the ceiling. I was sucked right back down into my body so I concentrated hard on wanting to see the almost full moon and drifted back up again only to get halfway lodged into the attic. I got sucked down again several times and willed myself to go into living room where my husband is up watching tv. I couldn't get very far from my body. The vibrations were soft and it felt so natural to do this, however strange! My ears were roaring and quite uncomfortable. So now that I've done it I'm doubting I can do it again, lol. It wasn't really a conscious thing, more like I became aware of it while doing it. Also, my mind seemed a bit fuzzy, like I had to make myself wake up to really remember it.

lamommy78
18th March 2011, 05:06 AM
Oh, I do remember rolling out toward the direction of the door. I guess I rolled into my sleeping child, but didn't feel anything? I just remember looking toward the door in an effort to get out of the room. Also, it was very dark. Darker than my real room with the moonlight coming through the Windows. The sound changed when I entered the attic- it was quiet and more muffled. It almost made a little " poof" sound when I went through it.

lamommy78
18th March 2011, 05:16 AM
Sorry, but I'm excited and have questions. Now that I've done it once will it be easier next time? Is it supposed to be really dreamlike in nature? I mean, I always thought I' d be more focused, but its like being half- asleep and seems like it would be really difficult to make a conscious decision.

By the way, I had been thinking today that this was all a bunch of bologna and I was dumb for even trying to do it. It's funny how it happened once I thought about giving up on it.

Beekeeper
18th March 2011, 08:59 AM
Sorry, but I'm excited and have questions.

No need to apologise; it's what our community is all about! :D

Now that I've done it once will it be easier next time?

It's hard to say because everyone's experience is unique, despite the many shared occurrences. Generally, you get to build on your experiences a bit at a time with new skills developing along with new challenges.

Is it supposed to be really dreamlike in nature?

It depends. Sometimes they feel extremely "real", sometimes less so.

I mean, I always thought I' d be more focused, but its like being half- asleep and seems like it would be really difficult to make a conscious decision.

This is what development is about. Kurt Leland would suggest a need to develop specific inner senses in order to better discern and translate what are, in effect, energetic experiences that filter through our respective psyches and that we perceive as information/ experience.

lamommy78
18th March 2011, 12:28 PM
I did not sleep well at all. I kept waking up on the cusp of separation but could not make any more exits. Several times my heart would start racing, too. I'm so tired this morning.

lamommy78
18th March 2011, 02:49 PM
I keep thinking about the box- shaped object I saw in the attic and I'm tempted to climb up there to try to validate my experience. It's in the farthest part of the attic and I don't think I could get over there. Plus, I'm extremely afraid of red wasps and my attic usually has them. I may try anyway...

lamommy78
18th March 2011, 03:00 PM
Another question: am I really falling asleep before this happens or am I so deep in a trance state that I become unaware? Not much time passed between meditating and the exit.

CFTraveler
18th March 2011, 03:13 PM
Another question: am I really falling asleep before this happens or am I so deep in a trance state that I become unaware? Not much time passed between meditating and the exit. It's hard to tell, but clickouts (the term used to describe the very brief loss of consciousness that can happen when trying to get out) do happen, and are not uncommon.

coreykey
21st March 2011, 08:13 AM
Congratz on your first AP lamommy, I had my real first one 2 days ago :)
I think meditation helps alot, practice everynight before you go sleep. My experiences were like yours, I couldnt getting the control, was trying to rush out early, it wasnt helping out. Thats why I allways end up my AP just rolling inside myself and couldnt be able to get out. 2 days ago I really had a smooth and controlled AP. I was able to clean my troath too while rolling out wow :) I thinks this is because of meditation. Just work on your inner senses while you mediate, I'm focusing to the buzzy sound which your brain allways generates, try to notice the changes of that sound while you mediate.
I think if you've done the first, the more will come, just keep going.

Have nice APs!

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks, Coreykey. That's usually what I do-- focus on the low buzzing sound. I find it less annoying than the high pitch ringing that's there, too. Congrats on your AP as well. I hope I have another one soon. I've been too exhausted lately to stay awake with my meditating lately. Good luck!

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Coreykey. That's usually what I do-- focus on the low buzzing sound. I find it less annoying than the high pitch ringing that's there, too. Congrats on your AP as well. I hope I have another one soon. I've been too exhausted lately to stay awake with my meditating lately. Good luck!

Thank you, too, cftraveler.

coreykey
21st March 2011, 01:27 PM
Congrats on your AP as well
Thank you very much.

I've been too exhausted lately to stay awake with my meditating lately
I think youre doing it too long. I usually mediate max 30mins not more.

The thing I love most is that my whole day is being perfect after and AP related things (for example rolling inside but not getting away from the body which happens me alot until 2 days ago). I'm really pumping energy the whole day. My wife is looking wierd to me :) She says "don't u ever get tired?". I don't feel ill or anything, don't feel tired at all.

I'm looking forward to the next one :) and I hope you'll get yous quicly again ;)
Cheers!

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 03:28 PM
By saying " too exhausted" I mean that I am practically pouring myself into bed and falling asleep within a few minutes of meditating. I work 12 hour shifts on the weekends and it drains me completely. The night that I projected wore me out, too because every time I started to project it would startle me awake and then I would have to lay there and try to calm myself to sleep again. I was up all night. That won't keep me from trying again, though. 8) 8)