PDA

View Full Version : AP from WA to AK?

natalie-1984
21st March 2011, 06:42 AM
Just wondering how practical it would be to travel in the RTZ all the way from mid Washington state all the way up to Anchorage Alaska? How should I go about doing this? I have a few different ways I might try this.

1. study google maps long enough to memorize how to fly there, and stay just under the clouds when flying
2. when I roll out of my body just keep a visual in my head of what the place looks like that I want to go to and create a shortcut in my room to sort of teleport there
3. since it's a certain person that I want to go see, maybe if I concentrate on how his energy feels I can teleport myself next to him.

By the way, I DO have his permission to do this...he actually asked me to try. Does anyone have any experience with long distance travel?
If I flew by plane it would cost me about 500 bucks and would take 3 hours, If I drove my car it would take 2 days and lord knows how much gas $. So I figured this might be better...for now :wink:

sweet dreams!

nat

ButterflyWoman
21st March 2011, 07:15 AM
Get him to send you some snapshots of the area, and then use that as a "target". Maps are not that useful for this (or such has been my experience). Generally I just get a good mental picture of where I want to go and I find myself there instantaneously.

Disclaimer: I don't OBE that much, but when I do it's invariably phasing, rather than doing the whole exit routine and then having to find my way anywhere. So I'm not sure how well this will work for people who take the longer way, but I think it's probably going to be the same principle, so I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work. Space, after all, is an illusion. ;)

Korpo
22nd March 2011, 05:59 AM
According to Robert Monroe and Kurt Leland, 3. is your best bet.

1.) is problematic because most RTZ OBEs don't last long enough and the astral body doesn't necessarily move fast. You're trying to go hundreds of miles, so it's not really practical.

2.) is not reliable because if you've never been there. Places are harder to target even if you know them.

3.) is good because knowing a person kind of gives you a homing beacon for finding them.

There are other practical issues, but there's no harm in trying and seeing what happens. :)

Cheers,
Oliver

ButterflyWoman
22nd March 2011, 06:10 AM
Yes, I agree about homing in on the actual person. I should have mentioned that, but it was early and I hadn't had any coffee. :P

Korpo
22nd March 2011, 02:46 PM
:D

greytraveller
22nd March 2011, 07:25 PM
Hi Nat
I do have some experience in long distance OOB travel BUT I rarely go anywhere that I want to go ?! :?: :? So I agree that focusing on the familiar person more than the unfamiliar place has the best chance of success.
Also I advise saying an affirmation several times a day. Maybe something like "I will go out of body tonight and visit _____ (person's name). Those affirmations DO create an unconscious desire that IS sometimes fulfilled by an OBE..

Good luck :)
Grey