PDA

View Full Version : Dream question

CaptainZ
24th March 2011, 06:51 PM
So I have been studying zen for about a month now and have had probably 2 out of body experiences in my time. I just started studying Kundalini and I have had 2 dreams that have really changed my view point in life I usually meditate in morning and night but my dreams were this, It started of I was at the beach with my family and bascy we were just hangout in till like maybe 30 minutes or so into the dream there was like a bunch of tornadoes and stuff that started to hit and like i remember we were trying to think of what to do and someone later mentioned about going to water but than great big waves started to hit. We started running than later on i can remember everything but there was a bright light and god came down and this was what was really weird I dont believe in god but anyway he came down and started picking people up and basicly what happened was he took us to heaven and said I picked the purest of people to come with me. When we were in heaven it was basicly like the books and stuff white everywhere. I dont really remember what god looked like to be honest all i really saw was light. He walked over to the table that was near by and on it was a big box and he said look here is a pill that you may take in order to gain perfect health and such, everyone grabbed it and when i started to walk over he said wait there is one more pill, this pill can restore life and and the world. I looked at it for a moment than thought to my self well hey i could finally have my six pac that I always wanted however I remember receaching for the pill that brought life back, next thing you now I was awake.

My second dream was this, I was going to california and I was on an airplane I can remember the plan started to crash and I was falling back out of my seat than suddenly my body just started glowing and the plane froze that is all I remember from this dream

So are these signs that my kundalini is awakening because lately I have felt like nothing really matters that I am complete or something. I dont really want anything. I also just wanted to say I am not trying to say I am god or anything I just im trying to figure out what these dreams related to the kundalini. thanks for the help I have really been thinking a lot about them lately.

CFTraveler
24th March 2011, 08:41 PM
Hi there Captain Z. I will give you my opinion on what I think may be going on here.

So I have been studying zen for about a month now and have had probably 2 out of body experiences in my time. I just started studying Kundalini and I have had 2 dreams that have really changed my view point in life I usually meditate in morning and night but my dreams were this, It started of I was at the beach with my family and bascy we were just hangout in till like maybe 30 minutes or so into the dream there was like a bunch of tornadoes and stuff that started to hit and like i remember we were trying to think of what to do and someone later mentioned about going to water but than great big waves started to hit. We started running than later on i can remember everything but there was a bright light and god came down and this was what was really weird I dont believe in god but anyway he came down and started picking people up and basicly what happened was he took us to heaven and said I picked the purest of people to come with me. It really doesn't matter what your beliefs are regarding God, but what does matter is what idea of God you have been exposed to, what idea you grew up in culturally. The subconscious takes images of ideas that are already part of your belief system (and I mean this in a social/cultural sense) and will show you symbols that make sense to you. So in this case, a 'traditional idea of God as a higher power who makes chaotic things happen (Old Testament style) are presented to you. The symbols I see are of natural disasters, water and bright light- all symbolic of things 'greater than the self'. The traditional idea of God is repeated (who has likes and dislikes, much like a human being) but powerful enough to pick and choose some people- the "purest".

When we were in heaven it was basicly like the books and stuff white everywhere. Sounds culturally influenced. What books?

I dont really remember what god looked like to be honest all i really saw was light. He walked over to the table that was near by and on it was a big box and he said look here is a pill that you may take in order to gain perfect health and such, everyone grabbed it and when i started to walk over he said wait there is one more pill, this pill can restore life and and the world. I looked at it for a moment than thought to my self well hey i could finally have my six pac that I always wanted however I remember receaching for the pill that brought life back, next thing you now I was awake. I see here a classic dream simulation- you desire to be 'more than' your average human, and you choose the unselfish pill, and you wake up. I think this was a symbol of a choice you've made, which is to study Zen and possibly other spiritual disciplines.

So even though I hesitate to say that this is Kundalini related, I will say that I think that this is 'Awakening' related, you have taken the first step, and your subconscious is actually telling you it's taking you somewhere.

My second dream was this, I was going to california and I was on an airplane I can remember the plan started to crash and I was falling back out of my seat than suddenly my body just started glowing and the plane froze that is all I remember from this dream I used to have similar dreams when I had certain fears (personal) that needed to be explored. The dreams changed when I faced them, and this was reflected in the dreams.
I won't say anymore, because I don't want to influence your experience.

So are these signs that my kundalini is awakening because lately I have felt like nothing really matters that I am complete or something. Sounds like a peak experience. So I'd say that you are indeed awakening, we'll see if it leads to Kundalini- I'd say it's too early to tell.

CaptainZ
25th March 2011, 12:38 AM
thanks for the info this has just been an awesome but unusually experience for me but I love it. Today I just felt like I was high almost i just almost couldn't stop laughing what was weird though this morning I felt deeppresed. I'm glad I found this forum though so I can talk to more people I no like only one person that is doing this stuff.

psionickx
25th March 2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum,

Personally i dont think i see any relation at all with what you describe and kundalini - I dont intend to come off as snide , but when its kundalini you will know beyond any shadowful doubt that it's just that and nothing more , approval or vetting from board members (as erudite and accomplished as they might be)...won't tend to matter as much , be it them recognizing your current spirtual status/symptomatoloy or verifying the goings-on of it for authenticity.
Also in my opinion once you hit a certain mark of spiritual certitude the "OMG! WHATS HAPPENING TO ME! THIS IS SO COOL! IS THIS KUNDALINI??!" sort of phenomena tends to settle on its own accord for obvious reasons , which i think i have no need to go into detail about :D

Today I just felt like I was high almost i just almost couldn't stop laughing

what was weird though this morning I felt deeppresed

You however might want to look into rapid-cycling Bi-Polar disorder.Escalating mood shifts from euphoric to depressive with ideas of self-importance or grandeur might serve as a potential tip off.

ButterflyWoman
25th March 2011, 06:08 PM
I'd say that you are indeed awakening, we'll see if it leads to Kundalini- I'd say it's too early to tell.
I agree with that.

Also, be careful what you wish for. Full Kundalini awakening will rewire your entire self, life, and reality. It can take years for the awakening to be completed, and the more years (or decades) for stability to be achieved. While, ultimately, it IS worth it, it's not something to be undertaken lightly.

Today I just felt like I was high almost i just almost couldn't stop laughing what was weird though this morning I felt deeppresed.
I got that a lot in the past couple of years, that bliss followed by a crash. It's not an uncommon pattern. Generally, when the bliss is present you feel greatly expanded, and then when it goes, you're left with a very empty feeling which can (and may well be) interpreted as depression. It's kind of like stepping into a darkened room after being in very bright sunlight, and you find you can't see anything at all.

In time, you get less giddy about the bliss and more relaxed about the after-effects, and you start to lose your attachments to both states.

Also remember: Awakening is only the beginning.

Tutor
25th March 2011, 11:12 PM
Escalating mood shifts from euphoric to depressive with ideas of self-importance or grandeur might serve as a potential tip off.

hi psionickx,

gosh darn, i resemble that remark...lol. :shock: :roll:

it's all good.

good to see ya around. :D

it is most terrifying to realize the grandeur of what is a 'mere' human being.

tim

psionickx
26th March 2011, 08:12 AM
it is most terrifying to realize the grandeur of what is a 'mere' human being

As exhilerating and awe-inspiring the realiaztion of the homo spien capability might be - i'm still of that faction that mantains mental health takes precedence over transient , emergent or long standing episodes of spiritual progress.

Like i've said before : there's endless scope for self-delusion in spirituality ..and all the more so particularly with Kundalini and it's long lists of "symptoms manifest"

CaptainZ
26th March 2011, 04:49 PM
ya its just my emotions lately have been weird like yesterday I felt like conquer anything in my way. Also it seems like all food is having the same taste. but again thanks for the help. I'm just trying to not make a big deal like you guys said just realize its part of the process.

psionickx
26th March 2011, 05:03 PM
I felt like conquer anything in my way

Stick to that feeling - it'll take you places :D

Tutor
26th March 2011, 05:26 PM
As exhilerating and awe-inspiring the realiaztion of the homo spien capability might be - i'm still of that faction that mantains mental health takes precedence over transient , emergent or long standing episodes of spiritual progress.

Like i've said before : there's endless scope for self-delusion in spirituality ..and all the more so particularly with Kundalini and it's long lists of "symptoms manifest"

psionickx,

well friend, i cannot argue with your chosen worded point of view. agreed

tim

CaptainZ
27th March 2011, 08:15 PM
so this morning i had the most amazing experince, I woke up for somereason and as i started fall asleep I saw like all these fuzy stuff and like all of a sudden I saw my room I wasnt there or i thnk i might have been floating but however long it got fuzy again and I thought I woke up but realized I had been in the same situation it was like I went in to astral projections or out of body experince but than finally i woke up but it was like I when I was transitioning from the 2 worlds I could see changed in things that was going on it was like another deminsion anyone think i could have traveled to another deminsion in my sleep. Im telling ya ever since i got into kundalini and zen the most amazing things have been happening.