PDA

View Full Version : The Purpose of SNORING Sleep!..?

newfreedom
28th March 2011, 02:42 PM
Hi everyone,

Can anyone shed some light on what type of sleep one is in when loudly snoring ??

I have always found others loud snoring very, very disturbing to listen and experience ( my father when in our touring caravan, as i child i would shout at him to 'shut-up snoring' until someone took some notice and altered the sitaution ( usually my mum, making my dad wake -up and turn over)

I became involved with someone who was a heavy drinker and smoker AND a VERY loud snorrer !!

Once again it has to be stated that i was mostly very intollerant to this persons constant 'snoring noises'

I have heard and woken myself up at times snoring, myself that is, but usually it appears to be a very 'different' type of rest or sleep that i was in during times of snoring...

Last night it seemed that loud snoring by another, seemed to hold the space for me to OoBE or lucidly meet others 'somewhere' , when i came back / came around/ out of my lucid experience the snorer also disturbed and woke up

Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated..

No offence meant to any SNORERS - out there ----- Just a personal issue of mine

xXx :arrow: :mrgreen:

CFTraveler
28th March 2011, 02:53 PM
My husband starts snoring the second he goes to sleep and I can hear myself snoring. So this indicates that snoring doesn't have a purpose or 'only' happens at a specific stage- it can happen when you relax enough to 'loosen the throat muscles'. It has no purpose, it's an effect of relaxation of certain throat muscles, and can be worse if you're overweight or have a large uvula.

Beekeeper
29th March 2011, 08:54 AM
There are different types of snores and they can occur in any of the sleep stages:
http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/stages_of_snoring.php

newfreedom
29th April 2011, 03:02 AM
My husband starts snoring the second he goes to sleep and I can hear myself snoring. So this indicates that snoring doesn't have a purpose or 'only' happens at a specific stage- it can happen when you relax enough to 'loosen the throat muscles'. It has no purpose, it's an effect of relaxation of certain throat muscles, and can be worse if you're overweight or have a large uvula.

Thanks CFTraveler x :) x

newfreedom
29th April 2011, 03:11 AM
There are different types of snores and they can occur in any of the sleep stages:
http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/stages_of_snoring.php

Thanks Beekeeper, i've just managed to read some that was in the link you gave.

It was very helpful, it makes me wonder now that perhaps my earlier realisation 'horror understandings' that i got might of been ' off the mark' and incorrect and less sinister in nature after all

i am thinking now, that maybe my issues also tie -in with the breathing aspect that snoring is physically connected too, as reading about obstruction with respiration brings up old trauma issues for me

xx :mrgreen: x