PDA

View Full Version : Raising the Serpent?

c0sm0nautt
29th March 2011, 04:15 AM
Hey all.

I've had a series of dreams that past few weeks, culminating around the "super moon", which I interpreted to deal with Kundalini energy. The dream symbols dealt with fire, "coiled" sexual energy, the caduceus, and a "wild man" archetype. I feel I have energy blockages along the spine and in the chest.

Can anyone point me in a direction regarding reading or other material? Is there a proven methodology to to raise the Kundalini energy?

I've been doing some energy work for years. I lay in bed and let my awareness move around my body. I notice it is hard for me to feel the energy in my chest and back... almost like a void. I've been meditating daily for the past few years but feel I am at a plateau. I haven't had a peak experience in nearly a year and I wonder if I need to change my method. Usually I cycle through a few different techniques such as repeating mantra, being aware of breath and awareness of the energy of the body.

Any advise would be appreciated.

ButterflyWoman
29th March 2011, 05:41 AM
The dream symbols dealt with fire, "coiled" sexual energy, the caduceus, and a "wild man" archetype. I feel I have energy blockages along the spine and in the chest.
Those do sound like typical Kundalini symbols. The blockages are worrisome, though, and can lead to a very difficult passage. Best to get rid of those first. Otherwise, it's like piping high pressure water through a rusty pipe with bad joints.

Can anyone point me in a direction regarding reading or other material?
Google is your friend: http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=kund ... 2&ie=UTF-8 (http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=kundalini+awakening&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enAU281AU282&ie=UTF-8)

Is there a proven methodology to to raise the Kundalini energy?
No. And even if there were, it's not really recommended that you deliberately awaken it. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen on its own. If the dreams mean what you interpret them to mean, it's a sign that you should be preparing for the eventual onslaught of energy so powerful it can and will rewire your mind, your life, and your entire experience of reality. Attempting to induce it is not necessary (nor recommended).

If you're unsure how to proceed with the clearing process (which involves things like releasing old beliefs, getting rid of emotional baggage, etc.), intend and ask for guidance, and then surrender to whatever the process ends up being. The combination of sincere intention and surrender is unbeatable.

I'll share a quote I just came across, and with which I agree, based on direct experience and many years of observing statements made by people in the throes of probably Kundalini awakening: "Spontaneous kundalini awakenings, or premature awakenings done by imprudent use of mantras or breathing techniques can be extremely damaging to mental and physical health."

psionickx
29th March 2011, 01:53 PM
I've been meditating daily for the past few years but feel I am at a plateau.

haven't had a peak experience in nearly a year

I've had a series of dreams that past few weeks

I'm not sure if your'e at a stage yet where your'e intimately aware of your own inner workings - as is obvious by your obliviousness to your own discrepanices.
Kundalini based work or advanced energetics - those might be a tad bit too premature for you at this point in time.

c0sm0nautt
29th March 2011, 03:41 PM
If you're unsure how to proceed with the clearing process (which involves things like releasing old beliefs, getting rid of emotional baggage, etc.), intend and ask for guidance, and then surrender to whatever the process ends up being. The combination of sincere intention and surrender is unbeatable.

I'll share a quote I just came across, and with which I agree, based on direct experience and many years of observing statements made by people in the throes of probably Kundalini awakening: "Spontaneous kundalini awakenings, or premature awakenings done by imprudent use of mantras or breathing techniques can be extremely damaging to mental and physical health."

Thank you very much. I don't want to force anything, and I agree that it may be premature. I will continue with intent and go with the flow.

I've been meditating daily for the past few years but feel I am at a plateau.

haven't had a peak experience in nearly a year

I've had a series of dreams that past few weeks

I'm not sure if your'e at a stage yet where your'e intimately aware of your own inner workings - as is obvious by your obliviousness to your own discrepanices.
Kundalini based work or advanced energetics - those might be a tad bit too premature for you at this point in time.

Can you explain "obliviousness to my own discrepancies"? Do you mean my statements contradict each other? Although I have dreams every night, I was referring to an experience during meditation which I have not had in years.

What would you recommend to become more aware of one own inner workings?

Tutor
29th March 2011, 04:01 PM
recanted... :?

psionickx
29th March 2011, 04:25 PM
I have dreams every night, I was referring to an experience during meditation which I have not had in years.

This is something you didn't clearup in your first-most post .... however it is exactly the very point i'm making : recapturing or having another one of those "expreiences during meditation" - does not exclusively constitute spiritual progress.
I wouldnt be as rapid to say i've hit a spiritual plateau just because im having dreams and not a certain type of an experience in meditation i had years ago.

c0sm0nautt
29th March 2011, 05:55 PM
I see. I suppose I yearn to know I am on the right track, that I am not futile in my efforts. I decided to go on a fast for a day or two to see if it has any influence on my energy body.

psionickx
29th March 2011, 06:35 PM
Looking forward to your post-fasting details.Post 'em soon! :D

farewell2arms
29th March 2011, 07:39 PM
Hey all.

I've had a series of dreams that past few weeks, culminating around the "super moon", which I interpreted to deal with Kundalini energy. The dream symbols dealt with fire, "coiled" sexual energy, the caduceus, and a "wild man" archetype. I feel I have energy blockages along the spine and in the chest.

Can anyone point me in a direction regarding reading or other material? Is there a proven methodology to to raise the Kundalini energy?

I've been doing some energy work for years. I lay in bed and let my awareness move around my body. I notice it is hard for me to feel the energy in my chest and back... almost like a void. I've been meditating daily for the past few years but feel I am at a plateau. I haven't had a peak experience in nearly a year and I wonder if I need to change my method. Usually I cycle through a few different techniques such as repeating mantra, being aware of breath and awareness of the energy of the body.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Intention is a very important tool you can use for personal development. Passionately stated prayers and general affirmations with a lot of feeling in them will help you.

I've been working a lot with my releasing my agression - this is very important to integrate properly because it is the force with which you maneuver through life, makes you take initiative, etc. Getting in contact with this can help you if you feel frustrated about lack of development, feeling stuck etc.

I find my agression and male force is mostly situated in my lower back near the coccyx. If this is where you feel blocked you might wanna look into this a bit closer. I prefer a psychological approach over energy stimulation exercises in most cases, and this could be an alternative if you feel energy exercises doesn't work well for you. Here's a meditation developed by my advisor, it's excellent and frankly the best meditation I've come across.

http://www.satyananda.se/meditationindex.htm (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

Dedication to practices is very important for development. Perhaps it might be an idea to have a change of practices. State your wish for new more effective practices in your prayers and see where it takes you.

Aunt Clair
16th April 2011, 09:19 AM
Reiki Tummo
http://www.padmacahaya.com/rktummo/rktm2.html
Raising the Dragon
http://www.occultcorpus.com/forum/showt ... tic-Magick (http://www.occultcorpus.com/forum/showthread.php?12486-Flash-Card-Visual-Aids-for-some-Basic-Strategies-in-Hermetic-Magick)

CFTraveler
16th April 2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Cosmonautt.

I notice it is hard for me to feel the energy in my chest and back... almost like a void.
I don't think this is because of blockages- I wouldn't go as far as to assume it is. Everyone has given you many good ideas for working your energy, and I want to add one more- have you tried inner dissolving (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9353&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)? Oliver has an excellent topic on it on the meditation forum, and I think you may benefit from it.

c0sm0nautt
23rd April 2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks much for all of the replies. :D I'm looking into all of the avenues suggested. I've been doing the inner dissolving the past few days. I still need to work with keeping my mind focused on the task, but definitely notice the sensation in my chest which correlates to an anxiety I have held with my since I can remember. I trust that Time Heals all Wounds and I am on the path to untangling the knots.