PDA

View Full Version : Visualization Basics

violetsky
23rd June 2005, 06:20 PM
The great thing about Robert's work is that visualization is not required. Visualization can be very energy intensive and takes much focused concentration to achieve clear sight in the mind's eye. I wish to state here that this high level of mind's eye visualization is not required. It is more the level a person reaches when reading a really good story. You sort of feel like you were seeing images and scenes while reading but it was nothing like watching a movie. With encouragement and practice greater visualization skills develop.

A large part of the visualization techniques I use involve attaching an energy with the visualization.

Feeling and imagining strongly the pure joy of happy children playing and then imagining placing this energy into pink fiery energy balls are wonderful for giving a person a spiritual lift if they are down. I tend to place one ball each on both side of the chest under the colar bone about an inch and a half from the V notch of the neck and slightly down.

My favourite cure for insomnia patients is to imagine the feel of intense motherly love and then visualize a fairly thick brilliant sparkling liquid that I pour this intense love into. Then I pour this over the patient and imagine that it coats the persons skin and then I imagine another level and imagine the liquid is soaking in and coating the nerves and bones and organs. It has a wonderful calming effect on people.

There are many of these sorts of things I am having repeated success with. Would love to hear from other healers about any visualizations they are doing and techniques they use.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

Rydel
23rd June 2005, 09:30 PM
Well, the furthest I have actually gone with healing techniques (and these mostly on myself), is through using the "famous" white light. By visualizing white light soaking my target, and FEELING that white light sucking out the negative energies within their body. When used on myself, I find this energizes me, lightens up fatigue (wakes me up a bit), and I often feel better. I've had this work on actually physical pains as well, like mild headaches.

I definately like the techniques you are using there too Violetsky!

While visualization is not necessary for any energy work and such, it can definately be helpful (and fun :wink: ).

violetsky
23rd June 2005, 10:04 PM
Dear Rydel,

Yes, it is fantastic when something is fun and yet also helpful. Mind you fun is extremely good for the health generally speaking. <smile>

Talking about removing negative energy, here are some interesting visualizations (imaginings) I use when removing negative energy. Often negative energy feels very sticky and even looks to me like a gooey black ooze. Some healers shake this off their hands on to the floor then imagine a blue fire burning the negative energy up and transforming it into a higher blue light energy. I tend to imagine putting my hands in brilliant little solar suns that are about the size of a basketball or bigger. This helps energize my hands and clean them each time take out the globs of negative energy.

If the negative energy feels more hardened or rigid then I sometimes stack solar flaming balls onto of each other. The first solar ball loosens the negative energy and then the next burns the exterior then the top ball vaporizes the interior. Not sure how important it is but I like to clean any negative energy that I remove, so it is not hanging around so to speak. I do use the blue flame fire for minor negative energies.

My aunt who is a healer often calls for blue healing hands to help her. This way she does not have to handle as much negative energy. I find cleaning my hands with the liquid light I spoke about above is nice after healing as well as actually washing my hands underwater and imagining any remaining negative energy going down the drain.

Using the blue healing hands to remove intense anger energy can be helpful. I find intense anger energy can feel like stinging nettle on the hands - not so fun.

Love talking about this stuff and sharing ideas. Lots of fun.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

Rydel
24th June 2005, 03:39 AM
Those are some very interesting and well thought out techniques Violetsky. I think I may end up doing a little experimenting with them myself. I especially like the solar ball technique you outlined.

Quick question: Do you usually create these "energy" balls using techniques similar to Psi Balls, and then infusing them with the particular attribute, or do you do this a different way?

To me negative energies look and feel sort of cloudy. Like ashes mixed in with water. The cloudiness is VERY dark, and when I use the white light technique described above, the light itself is usually quite a bit darker in the end.

Love talking about this stuff and sharing ideas. Lots of fun.

As do I. I've really been enjoying myself here, and throughout the forums. :D

violetsky
24th June 2005, 04:45 PM
Dear Rydel,

Quick question: Do you usually create these "energy" balls using techniques similar to Psi Balls, and then infusing them with the particular attribute, or do you do this a different way?

Am not well acquainted with psi ball techniques though I have read a few breif discussions about them. Think this is different but perhaps it is best if you or those well acquainted with psi ball work tell me if it is the same or different.

I tend to load a lot more than intent into the solar balls. To me, the sun as an amazing combination of gas (air), earth element and fire.

Side Note:
Must admit to a Bardon type background here. I find the concept of elements useful. Though I have my own bent to this concept. I 'feel' the elements are just a range of energies that can be put into four general catagories for classification purposes.

Anyways, I feel the elements are useful in balancing out negative energies and bringing them into greater harmony and vibration. The higher solar balls are more for raising energy while a lower ball is more for balancing the energy. I even visualize steam to squeek water element into these solar balls. Depending on the negative energy I am dealing with, I find the lava (earth-fire mix) of the solar ball is more important for balancing and raising the negative energy while for other negative energies the gas-fire mix does a better job of neutralizing and raising its vibration. So now we are out of basics and into something much more complex here. Once you are used to the feel of elements setting up a solar cleansing ball is not hard. But often it helps to have a teacher (or just a strong sensitivities to a large range of positive energies) so we can get a solid feel for them.

Also I imbue intent into the ball - balance energy and/or raise vibration to light level. When you get the hang of it only a minute or two is needed to draw the energies and create something quite strong. I reinforce the image of the solar ball every time I burn something in it and imagine the negative energy balancing then turning from black to white and burning and vaporizing into light.

I work with lava a lot pouring it directly on stubborn negative roots that are not easily removed from people. It balances and raises the energy and makes the roots easier to work with.

I know the above may sound a bit complex but for me everything is just energy and consciousness and everything is just a range in the spectrum. Once a person becomes very sensitive to energies, I think this type of work becomes much easier. You sense the energies of the person you are working on and soon realize that an energy that might throw one person out of balance heals and restores harmony in another person. In my mind, we all have different energy makeups. This is why I tend not to use one set healing technique that uses just one sort or source of healing energy. (A personal opinion here and very open to debate.)

To me negative energies look and feel sort of cloudy. Like ashes mixed in with water. The cloudiness is VERY dark, and when I use the white light technique described above, the light itself is usually quite a bit darker in the end.

I would consider this a negative thought energy that has not be strongly reinforced. There are people who due to childhood upbringing and exposure to harsh life conditions have reinforced very negative images of themselves, body parts, emotions, traits etc. And you can end up with very rigidified negativity that is deeply rooted from the mental template level through the emotional right down into the physical where it is starting to cause serious physical ailment. Touching these negative deeply rooted things can be a bit shocking until you get used to it. The person you are working on does not notice them because they are so used to that energy over the years, but for the healer it can be a surprise. And they can be very stubborn...partly also because even when you make a dent in the thing if the person is constantly reinforcing this image of themselves you can be right back to square one when you next heal the person. Anywho, can you tell I love chatting about this stuff. Blush. Please always feel free to disagree okay. This is just one persons view here.

Hugs and Best Wishes,
violetsky

Rydel
24th June 2005, 05:06 PM
Well I would have to say your techniques for solarballs etc, seem to be a very advanced (and MUCH more useful) version of programmed psiballs (i.e. psiballs given intent). By saying this I mean, it seems the process you go through is similar to the process of creating a general psiball (Gathering energy from the outside world into you and then using it to create a "ball" of energy, or drawing energy directly into a "ball"), but the energies used are quite a bit different.

I also love working with the elements, both as abstract ideas, and in their raw forms. I have done a small amount of work with the raw elements, such as directing wind, causing wind, etc. but I found it extreamly difficult, and having very little practical use, so I decided to move on to other things for a time.

On the subject of Bardon, I have been trying to find some books by him, but all the bookstores around here don't carry them (such as Initiation into Hermetics). I'll probably end up ordering it sometime though, because I have heard little other than good things about him.

Your explaination on how I said I see negative energies hit the mark I believe, and it portrays the fact that along with metaphysical healing, one needs to help cultivate a more positive self-image or else the healing process will be essentially useless in the long run.

P.S. I also enjoy chatting about such things, so there's no need to worry. Perhaps with our enthusiasm we'll get others to enjoy it too!

violetsky
24th June 2005, 05:42 PM
Dear Rydel,

You should be able to acquire Initiation into Hermetics through interlibrary loan. Alternatively, it is sold on Amazon.com believe it or not. That is how I got my copy.

I'd like to add that the visualizations I talk about are not necessary tools. It is all about energy transformation and connecting with energies which help in positive transformation and balance. The visualizations just help me connect or tap or draw to me - in a stronger way - the energies with which I wish to work. It is a personal thing not a necessary thing.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

Rydel
24th June 2005, 06:32 PM
I'd like to add that the visualizations I talk about are not necessary tools.

Certainly not necessary, but everyone has to admit that visual aids (especially good ones) tend to make just about anything easier. It's a whole lot easier to put together a lawn mower with visual aid as opposed to reading about how to do it. It's certainly possible by just reading about it, but much smoother with good visual aids. It's the same thing when working with visualization techniques along with energy and healing work.

P.S. Oh I believe it. Amazon.com has just about everything. :lol:

Rydel
27th June 2005, 08:40 PM
Thought I'd give a little update here. Earlier today I had a very painful/disorienting headache in my right temple. I couldn't quite think straight, and the only thing I could think of (other than advil, which I didn't not have at the time) was the solar ball method you mentioned above. While I know it was more about removal of negative energy, than healing of physical ailments (sp?), I couldn't think of anything else at the time, so I tried it out. I proceeded to create one using a variation of a psiball method, and infusing it with solar like energy. The moment I moved it over my temple, the pain went away... I was amazed, as I didn't expect anything like this to happen, perhaps just a lightening of the pain, but it seems it worked quite well.

Just wondering if you have used this method in any of your healing work before, and what kind of results you have experienced.

violetsky
28th June 2005, 04:27 PM
Dear Rydel,

I have used it extensively in healing work. Would not have mentioned it if not. :wink: It works.

It works well on any sort of pain but it also works well on negative attachments. Of course, concentration and meditation practice (which you have) greatly helps prior to trying the method for more intense purposes.

I think it only works on pain that is coming from the mental and emotional levels though. If we are under stress eventually we will get a stress headache...However, as you know, the more attuned we are the more we become aware that just other people thinking of us negatively and espeically if it is with high emotion can affect our aura and can even cause pain similar to stress.

This does seem to work temporarily and to a minor degree on physical misalignment. Actually I find for inflamation due to misalignment that using the liquid light is better. It brings a longer term relief to inflamed nerves. But again only when realignment is achieved is there long lasting relief for the person. At least that is my experience thus far with this.

So glad you found this helpful for healing. With some experimenting you can soon teach me some things. :)

Hugs and Best Wishes,
violetsky

Greatoutdoors
28th June 2005, 06:26 PM
This may be a good place to ask a question on a visualization technique (slightly modified) I've been trying. The original method is called image streaming. The intent is to close your eyes and start describing everything you see either on a tape recorder or to a friend who is present. At this point I just describe it mentally to myself.

I believe the purpose (at least my purpose) is to develop the habit of concentrating on what I see and to improve my ability to focus on just one thing at a time. I have a real problem concentrating on any one thing for longer than a few seconds -- remind myself of a puppy! :lol:

Most of the images I see are like photo negatives or sillouettes (sp?), not clear. They come and go so fast that if I were to try and speak the description, I wouldn't have time. Also, every once in awhile it will occur to me that I have just seen a very clear, color image flash by. That snippet is like a very clear dream image, but so far always just slips in when I'm not looking, so to speak. :wink:

I've been practicing this technique for only about two weeks now, about a half-hour per day.

My questions are:
1. Is this exercise going to help improve my visualization abilities?
2. Does anyone know why the images come so fast and change so frequently?
3. And last, would anyone have a theory about the clear images that flit through so fast? I would like to believe they mean I am progressing, but they haven't slowed down any.

violetsky
29th June 2005, 01:08 AM
Dear Greatoutdoors,

I think you really have something here. This could be an excellent beginning exercise people can do to develop visualization skills.

The negative image type thing is actually quite handy for healing. It can make it easy to visualize almost an X-ray type scene of bones and other body parts. A person can do some pretty good work at this level. I get the flashes of clarity too. What I find is if I stay relaxed and do not let the flashes startle me or over excite me I will ease into an even deep state of consciousness that does give greater visual clarity. It is almost like going into dream state only you are the person in total control of the dream. Lucid dreaming to the max. :wink: Only you are not dreaming you are working. Not sure why it comes in flashes. Many clairvoyants complain of this as well. They will see a crime scene flash before them but not have time to see everything. But every once and a while you get the scene and can walk around.

Big Hugs my friend,
violetsky

Greatoutdoors
29th June 2005, 06:33 PM
Violetsky,

Thank you for the positive input! You are just the neatest person and it is a privilege to know you! :D

I am one of those with problems visualizing, at least when I try to do it consciously. I got this from a website called Project Renaissance. The author of that site says it is also supposed to make you smarter -- I could use that! (LOL)

Yes, I get that x-ray type appearance from every once in awhile. Healing is something I will be very interested in doing, once I start to gain any kind of conscious control. I am still aware of that "closed door" feeling -- something blocking my attempts to get past the purely physical. But maybe I am beginning to detect a small chink in the wall. Anyway, I intend to keep hammering at it!

Be Safe, and Big Hugs Back!

mick
30th June 2005, 11:37 AM
Talking about removing negative energy, here are some interesting visualizations (imaginings) I use when removing negative energy. Often negative energy feels very sticky and even looks to me like a gooey black ooze.
Ah, we refer to it as goo as well :) For me, this is a mix of etheric material and energy often with a vibration/ nature of some unwelcome intent.

Some healers shake this off their hands on to the floor then imagine a blue fire burning the negative energy up and transforming it into a higher blue light energy. I tend to imagine putting my hands in brilliant little solar suns that are about the size of a basketball or bigger. This helps energize my hands and clean them each time take out the globs of negative energy.
I do when using the brushing motions flick it off and sometimes there is something about it which say clean it up a bit :) I also tend to use a fire like flow to do this. More often of late and I recounted an instance hereabouts recently I will leave the hand(s) in place in order for a flow to develop and this will be of a nature directed at the physical layer, when there is something non-physical present and unwelcome I find that this will often simply lose its hold due to the above flow and then the view will switch as will the energy flow and the object will be flushed out by the flow. This bit always intrigues me in that initially in mind I am visualising around the physical body and it is an instantaneous switch resulting in an astral view of the body along with the object and the tools to hand to work at that level.

Not sure how important it is but I like to clean any negative energy that I remove, so it is not hanging around so to speak. I do use the blue flame fire for minor negative energies.
Yes, it is nice to turn something of an apparently negative nature into something harmless and non intrusive, sometimes there will be an associated connectivity that can be more problematic be it an internal nag or an external source motivating the intrusion. Endeavouring to close these down is another discussion :)

ymunio
4th October 2009, 11:39 AM
I don't understand why visualization seems to work so well for everybody. Especially to make anything happen in a dense realm like the etheric, where you have things like energy blockages, or etheric implants. That's where most of my problems are, so that's where I want to have the most effect. But the etheric is not the realm where thoughts manifest into reality with the snap of a finger.... that's the astral plane. Or some other plane even higher than that. So how does any blurry visualized blob I create on the astral have any effect on the etheric?? They don't even occupy the same 3-dimensional space.

Maybe I'm overthinking this all. But it's true, and most people don't understand. Our energy bodies occupy several different dimensions, ranging in density and permeability and vibration, like radio stations on a dial. Each with a different set of physical laws. The etheric is a dense realm like this one, a concensus reality that's pretty impermeable. It overlays the same 3d space as this reality, so you have a computer and chair there just like you have here, though they're probably white in color. It's a complex world like this one. Lots of things can go wrong. Just because we can't see what goes on there doesn't mean that everything we dream up in our heads is coming out in the etheric like paper from a printer. But that's what a lot of new age books out there want us to believe, maybe not so much Robert Bruce, but plenty others.

That's not visualization, that's wishful thinking. Even Robert Bruce said something along those lines. I can focus a whole auditorium of people on visualizing a Ferrari in my driveway but just because my eyes are closed doesn't mean it's there. So how is it that visualization works so well for some people? Is it the placebo effect? Maybe it's not the ferrari in the driveway, but my feelings of excitement at the thought of driving it soon. Is that how this all works? No sarcasm there, I really need to understand this stuff. Because I have real problems I need to fix. And every stinking book I pick up tells me that my very real problems need only imagined solutions. That's more of a leap of faith than I'm comfortable with. Especially when we're talking a permeable aura, a weak outer layer in my energy field that's been damaged since a long string of childhood trauma. The next book I pick up that tells me to just imagine I'm floating in an eggshell of white light or a stupid diamond or purple pyramid, and all my vulnerabilities to negative energy are fixed unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm going to implode.

I think energy bodies and chakras and auras need to be better studied, measured, and understood by our society. And they need to be made a category of biology which they should be. And we need to have better and more tangible solutions to all the bad things that can go wrong on those levels. Not just a bunch of wavy-gravy imagination exercises that do little more than keep us entertained. Though hopefully that's a step in the right direction.

CFTraveler
4th October 2009, 06:37 PM
I don't understand why visualization seems to work so well for everybody. Especially to make anything happen in a dense realm like the etheric, where you have things like energy blockages, or etheric implants. That's where most of my problems are, so that's where I want to have the most effect. But the etheric is not the realm where thoughts manifest into reality with the snap of a finger.... that's the astral plane. Or some other plane even higher than that. So how does any blurry visualized blob I create on the astral have any effect on the etheric?? They don't even occupy the same 3-dimensional space. Dear Ymunio- I'm sorry, but that is not correct. When something occupies different dimensions of space, that doesn't mean they don't occupy the same space- it means that they occupy different regions of the same space. Your physical body is perceptible in a specific place in spacetime, and in the same space and in different times, the etheric can be said to occupy it, in a different range of frequency. So does the astral, and others all the way up until we get to the mental, where time and space mean entirely different things. Also, all these dimensions differ in frequency (traditionally speaking) but they are expressions of the same body, just like all the colors of the rainbow are contained in white light. What color you see depends on various factors, that is perception and energy exchange, but the light is the same, and it occupies the same space.

Maybe I'm overthinking this all. But it's true, and most people don't understand. Our energy bodies occupy several different dimensions, ranging in density and permeability and vibration, like radio stations on a dial. Exactly- but the radio stations are in the same space in the same air- modulated with each other. What makes them seem like different entities is how you tune the radio, that is the receiver. And the receiver is your perceptual mechanism, and that is all you.

Each with a different set of physical laws. The etheric is a dense realm like this one, a concensus reality that's pretty impermeable. It overlays the same 3d space as this reality, so you have a computer and chair there just like you have here, though they're probably white in color. It's a complex world like this one. Lots of things can go wrong. Just because we can't see what goes on there doesn't mean that everything we dream up in our heads is coming out in the etheric like paper from a printer. But that's what a lot of new age books out there want us to believe, maybe not so much Robert Bruce, but plenty others. No, actually what differs is the physical laws that describe (not rule) each dimension. For example, I can make things happen instantly in the astral. I can do the same in the physical, but slower, using the rules of the physical. Where in the astral I can create the most beautiful house imaginable, in the physical I have to have the money to hire someone and have it built- I am still manifesting my thought, it's just a longer way, using the laws of physics of the region. In the astral it's instant- in the physical it takes time and space. The etheric is a denser version of the astral, where what you see is what is mostly there physically, but it is also where you see things that are not yet there, or were there before. So manifestation may not be as instant in the etheric as in the astral (except for subconscious creations, those seem to be instant) but they are doable.

That's not visualization, that's wishful thinking. Even Robert Bruce said something along those lines. It's not visualization, it's imagination.

I can focus a whole auditorium of people on visualizing a Ferrari in my driveway but just because my eyes are closed doesn't mean it's there. So how is it that visualization works so well for some people? Is it the placebo effect? Maybe it's not the ferrari in the driveway, but my feelings of excitement at the thought of driving it soon. Is that how this all works? No sarcasm there, I really need to understand this stuff. Because I have real problems I need to fix. It is my experience (as someone who is very involved in groups that specialize in this, and someone who has used the process) The way manifestation works is by having the thought of what you want, adding the knowledge that this is going to come about, and also, getting rid of any thought process that is in the way of this. This includes beliefs in the idea "that it's not going to work".

And every stinking book I pick up tells me that my very real problems need only imagined solutions. That's more of a leap of faith than I'm comfortable with. Especially when we're talking a permeable aura, a weak outer layer in my energy field that's been damaged since a long string of childhood trauma. The next book I pick up that tells me to just imagine I'm floating in an eggshell of white light or a stupid diamond or purple pyramid, and all my vulnerabilities to negative energy are fixed unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm going to implode. If you need something other than a theory book on why it works, I can offer you a free manual, but it's a "How to" manual, not a 'why do I have to do this' manual. If you are willing to give it a go 'til the very end, I'll give you a link.

I think energy bodies and chakras and auras need to be better studied, measured, and understood by our society. And they need to be made a category of biology which they should be. And we need to have better and more tangible solutions to all the bad things that can go wrong on those levels. Not just a bunch of wavy-gravy imagination exercises that do little more than keep us entertained. Though hopefully that's a step in the right direction. The studies have been studied, but they have not necessarily been put together to achieve a single purpose, because there is no such thing as a single purpose. That's why we live in a complex reality.

ymunio
17th October 2009, 08:12 AM
CFTraveler,
My understanding is similar to yours, about how higher realms occupy the same 3-dimensional space as this one. But I understand that is only true to up to a certain vibrational frequency, and that starting in the astral and going higher, that's where things get weird. This started with my own experiences in the astral, being face-to-face with people I know, even though in the observable world and in the etheric world, we are hundreds or thousands of miles away. Also our clothing and form and position of our bodies in space, and position relative to each other, would have bore no resemblance whatsoever to the physical 3-d grid. So as soon as I read months later in a spirit healing book that higher realms like the astral are not bound by our 3-d grid then I was quick to accept that as true. Despite what everyone describes as astral 'travel' I've never found it necessary to 'travel' there at all. Unlike the etheric, where from what I've seen it's basically like a plain white 3-d blueprint of the visible world, laid out on the same 3-d grid just with a few things thrown in like chakras and what not. I'd be interested in the manual you mentioned if you want to post a link.

CFTraveler
17th October 2009, 03:14 PM
Kurt Leland would call it 'psychological distance'. The farther away from normal conscious perception the 'higher' the frequency. Or plane. Or whatever.

If you mean the manifestation manual, it's here: (http://beyond-within.com/blog/law-of-attraction/coralies-manifestation-manual/)