PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me it will get easier

lamommy78
1st April 2011, 02:09 AM
Maybe I'm being too impatient in waiting for my next OBE. I don't even know if I should count the first since I didn't get a good separation. I kept getting sucked back in. Since then with daily practice and attempts I just can't make anything happen other than feeling my heart chakra stimulated and a strong pulling sensation that doesn't lead to anything. I guess this just comes naturally to many of you? Or has it taken years of work? I can't even manage to have a lucid dream to try to AP from, although I can usually recall my dreams upon waking. It just doesn't occur to me, even in the really weird dreams, that I am dreaming.

I guess I'm just asking for some encouragement and hope that this CAN be accomplished and will get easier. Am I reaching for the stars to think that I can experience some higher levels, too, one day? :(

What else should I be doing? Will energy work really make a difference? I' e only tried it about five times or so and couldn't do much with it. The most I've gotten was some tingling from feet to calves. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I suppose I spent about 10 minutes before giving up.

Sorry to vent. I'm getting frustrated.

CFTraveler
1st April 2011, 03:04 AM
Hi lamommy.
A few things-
If you look at Mastering Astral Projection, which is the structured program Robert and Brian came up with, you will see that it's structured to be worked every day for about half an hour (more or less) with a variety of techniques, designed to do a few things, but can be grouped as follows-
teaching energy work,
teaching physical relaxation, mental relaxation, mind emptying,
trance techniques,
energy body loosening techniques
and exit techniques, using other things like lucid dreaming techniques, affirmations and binaural beats.
And as comprehensive and complete as this program is, it is designed to get you to project in ninety days from the first time.
Now I'm not saying 'it takes ninety days to project', because everyone is different, and some people have more experience doing some things and not others- but theoretically, if you put in thirty minutes of daily practice, you can expect to project at the earliest in ninety days.
Do you see now why you have to know you want to do this, put in the time and quite possibly learn a few things?
Now, there are people that do it right away, but this is not the rule- and something else that happens is that people burn out a month after they start, have to stop for a few weeks for their energy body and their sleep patterns to adjust before they continue. So if you take this possible time and add one or two weeks of readjustment, you can see that it can take a good three and a half months to get results.
I have known people who tried longer and got their OBEs, and I know people who never even tried and got them all the time.
So if you haven't learned energy work, or done affirmations, or practice lucid dreaming (and the practices that go with this) then I'd say you need to take some time to figure out what else you need to learn or incorporate into your practice.

lamommy78
1st April 2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks cftraveler. I did something I had been avoiding for years this morning and actually took the time to write down my dreams. Since I do remember them often I'm going to try harder for lucid dreams. I have been working on all the things you mentioned from the Astral Dynamics book. I will look into getting MAP to further my studies. I guess I am getting burnt out and may just need a break. I will continue to practice my meditation and affirmations.

Thanks for the encouragement. I know three months won't get me to enlightenment, but I was hoping it would leave somewhere further than I actually got. I suppose being impatient won't get me far, either. :)