PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

MilesB
7th April 2011, 02:17 AM
Hello

I had my third almost OBE experience yesterday night and I wanted to see if anyone else has had anything similar happen to them.

I was under sleep paralysis and in that limbo like semi conscious state when I knew that as soon as I exhaled the vibrations would come. After I exhaled and the vibrations came (they were very strong), I tried several times to just exhale and let them take me up to the ceiling (I feel like I'm being pulled upward) but each time after I would inhale I would come back down. Well... I gave it one last go, I exhaled and relaxed as much as I could, and I felt like the ceiling was right by the tip of my nose BUT, as soon as I inhaled, I could feel myself going down again.

I was disappointed and decided to try one of the techniques I had heard about to get out of the body, the rope climbing technique. As I attempted to lift my arm up to get it in the proper position, it was extremely difficult! My arm felt quite heavy and tired and it was difficult to lift it up at all. But after this is when things got weird.

When I held my arm up in front of my face to look at it I could see right through it!!! It looked like in a sci-fi movie where you can kinda see the edges (where the light is bending around the object) but other than that, I could see right through. I managed to lift up my other arm, it was see through as well! I began to get quite scared at this point and I remember trying to call out to my roommate who was about 4 feet away from me in his own bed. Of course, I couldn't say a thing and just began to breathe harder and harder. I was freaking out but I just had to know, were my legs invisible too? I tried to pull up the sheets that were over my legs, but more sheets were there, I tried again, but more were still there. I kept trying over and over again like it was some kinda nightmare or something. Finally I pulled them off my legs and of course, I could see through my legs as well! This brought me over the edge and I just straight up freaked out. I still couldn't call out to my roommate and so I just started breathing extremely rapidly. Then somehow I just snapped out of it. I felt like I had woken up from a dream (but my eyes were already open?), but I knew that it wasn't a dream. The sleep paralysis was broke, I could move freely again, I held up my arms, and they were perfectly normal.

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else has had an experience that is similar to this one.

This is only the third time the vibrations have come on for me and I have never been able to actually leave my body completely (I always just feel like I'm being sucked upwards/rolling over but I always end up staying connected to my body).

natalie-1984
7th April 2011, 05:08 AM
Why were you so freaked out? Was it because it was a new experience and you panicked? I think that's normal. There will be times where you aren't sure whether you are "out" or just got out of bed in the physical. Your experience sounded pretty validating that you were actually OUT. That reminds me a lot of my first few times. My first time I was struggling to free myself from my body's pull, I was on the ground pulling away from my bed.

Did you manage to get fully out of bed or just sit up? Did you get a good look around? It's a good idea to study your suroundings a bit. You probably weren't able to talk because you were still too close to your body, is that right? Were you doing this from being wide awake and then going into a trance? I have never been able to do it that way yet. Sounds like you might have some natural talent! Do you notice any other abilities you have?

Sorry for the million questions, but this is very interesting!
Remember, the more you do it, the easier it gets!

Bravo!

natalie

CFTraveler
7th April 2011, 01:35 PM
Hello

I had my third almost OBE experience yesterday night and I wanted to see if anyone else has had anything similar happen to them. Hi Miles.
I too am perplexed as you had a typical OBE exit scenario. I don't know why this would surprise you.

I was under sleep paralysis and in that limbo like semi conscious state when I knew that as soon as I exhaled the vibrations would come. After I exhaled and the vibrations came (they were very strong), I tried several times to just exhale and let them take me up to the ceiling (I feel like I'm being pulled upward) but each time after I would inhale I would come back down. Well... I gave it one last go, I exhaled and relaxed as much as I could, and I felt like the ceiling was right by the tip of my nose BUT, as soon as I inhaled, I could feel myself going down again. You projected in place, and now it's time to use an exit technique, to force your etheric body out. So far so good.

I was disappointed and decided to try one of the techniques I had heard about to get out of the body, the rope climbing technique. As I attempted to lift my arm up to get it in the proper position, it was extremely difficult! My arm felt quite heavy and tired and it was difficult to lift it up at all. But after this is when things got weird. Now to clarify- you did the rope technique, and in doing so you externalized your energy body. This is what you're supposed to do, as your physical body is not supposed to move. Right?

When I held my arm up in front of my face to look at it I could see right through it!!! Of course! It's your energy body and it can look like anything from transparent to mist-like or smoky-plasma-like. After all, you are looking at your energy body, not your physical body.

It looked like in a sci-fi movie where you can kinda see the edges (where the light is bending around the object) but other than that, I could see right through. I managed to lift up my other arm, it was see through as well! I began to get quite scared at this point and I remember trying to call out to my roommate who was about 4 feet away from me in his own bed. Of course, I couldn't say a thing and just began to breathe harder and harder. I was freaking out but I just had to know, were my legs invisible too? Of course, if you externalize your etheric legs they should look like whatever your etheric arms look like.

I tried to pull up the sheets that were over my legs, but more sheets were there, I tried again, but more were still there. I kept trying over and over again like it was some kinda nightmare or something. Finally I pulled them off my legs and of course, I could see through my legs as well! This brought me over the edge and I just straight up freaked out. I still couldn't call out to my roommate and so I just started breathing extremely rapidly. Then somehow I just snapped out of it. I felt like I had woken up from a dream (but my eyes were already open?), but I knew that it wasn't a dream. The sleep paralysis was broke, I could move freely again, I held up my arms, and they were perfectly normal. You know you can't move your sheets because they are physical. If you move them it means your dreaming mind is providing you with what you think should be there- sheets moving.
When you shifted your attention back to your body instead of concentrating on getting away from it, you 'relocated' and broke paralysis- resynched with the physical and woke up.
Which is too bad, because you already were out.

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else has had an experience that is similar to this one. Pretty much. The very first conscious etheric projection is usually very hard because you just don't know what to expect, and even if you know, you're surprised by the intensity of the sensations, whatever they are.

This is only the third time the vibrations have come on for me and I have never been able to actually leave my body completely (I always just feel like I'm being sucked upwards/rolling over but I always end up staying connected to my body). Which is why there are so many types of exit techniques. And even if you externalize, you need to get away from the body ASAP because it sucks you back in.

MilesB
8th April 2011, 02:18 AM
Thank you for the responses. i didn't realize I had managed to exit! I guess looking back that makes much more sense. I think I got scared because I always imagined if I ever exited I would be floating above myself and looking down so i think I was just unprepared to exit in place.

Did you manage to get fully out of bed or just sit up? Did you get a good look around? It's a good idea to study your suroundings a bit. You probably weren't able to talk because you were still too close to your body, is that right? Were you doing this from being wide awake and then going into a trance?

Actually I just woke up in the middle of the night, and then as I was drifting back off to sleep is when it happened. I was still in my bed, I'm not even sure if I even know if I really sat up all the way. I did notice my surroundings but everything just looked normal. Of course it was quite dark, but although I wasn't focused on the background, I don't remember observing anything strange.

Thinking more about this, even though I was reading a lot about AP (and knew some of what to expect), I believe that what got me scared was not feeling in control of the situation. Next time though I hope I won't end it so abruptly. Just gotta stay calm.