PDA

View Full Version : bed covers pulled off/sleep paralysis

whitethorn
24th April 2011, 08:31 AM
Yes as the title suggests I woke up/became aware last night that Im being pulled out of bed or at least that Im having the covers pulled off me. It was also apparent at the time that I've experienced this many times before.

I started reciting the lords prayer in retalliation and was finding it very difficult to speak and for the words to come out as I suppose I was in sleep paralysis or something. After getting only a few lines out it stopped and I was quite satisfied that the lords prayer had kicked its ass and I fell back to sleep.

When I first started taking an interest in out of body, I never realised the importance of prayers and psalms, now this has hit home for me slightIy I think.

Things like this dont happen too often to me, thought I'd share, see if anyone else has had this experience. :o

Beekeeper
24th April 2011, 08:44 AM
Things like this dont happen too often to me, thought I'd share, see if anyone else has had this experience.

Certainly similar events have been posted before.

Yes as the title suggests I woke up/became aware last night that Im being pulled out of bed or at least that Im having the covers pulled off me. It was also apparent at the time that I've experienced this many times before

Try to work out which of the two it was. You may have been exiting with help and this may not be as insidious as you think.

whitethorn
24th April 2011, 09:24 AM
well It felt mostly like the covers being pulled off me which off course is frightening as anything. But yes it did seem that the whole experience was about being pulled out of body. I didnt want to go, I mean surely a good spirit can come up with something less terrifying to initiate you.. or maybe not i dont know. I suppose in hindsight i should have had more balls and seen it through but the fact that reciting prayers made it stop just felt like I had a result and so I was quite content to just go back to sleep.

Korpo
24th April 2011, 11:25 AM
Hello, whitethorn.

Especially initially the scenario for good spirits trying to help can be like this: They encounter someone essentially not able to see or hear, much less even understand them. There is an intent to get out but any assistance rendered can result in a reaction of panic and fear. More elaborate means of lending assistance are barred by the obstacles mentioned above. So, what is a good spirit to do?

Cheers,
Oliver

Sinera
24th April 2011, 12:29 PM
[quote]Things like this dont happen too often to me, thought I'd share, see if anyone else has had this experience. Certainly similar events have been posted before.
Yes as the title suggests I woke up/became aware last night that Im being pulled out of bed or at least that Im having the covers pulled off me. It was also apparent at the time that I've experienced this many times beforeTry to work out which of the two it was. You may have been exiting with help and this may not be as insidious as you think.[/quote:k7fdckfy]
I have this happening to me around these days. You have to make a decision: trust or complete defensive action. There is nothing in between. In my case, first, I did the defense thing. Then, recently, I tried out trust. So far, I can't complain (although it's a work in progress for me). So my advice would be: 'ask' the entity what it wants and what its purpose is when it happens again.

Beekeeper
24th April 2011, 10:36 PM
You did better than me, Volgerie. I found myself in a wrestling match some years ago. It was only after I "blew the entity up" :oops: and became fully conscious that I realised that there was no indicator at all that I was about to be harmed in anyway and that the entity in question actually felt very gentle and loving.

CFTraveler
24th April 2011, 11:49 PM
Hi whitehorn. The 'being pulled out forcibly' used to happen all the time to me too. You've received good advice as far as I can tell, I agree that even though it can be scary it can also be a misunderstanding.

natalie-1984
25th April 2011, 05:57 AM
so these enities are actually REAL? I always thought that whatever I experienced and who ever I talked to while I was APing was just my mind creating things for me to do. Like a living dream.

I just bought Robert Bruce's Book about psychic self defense. It is very facinating! I'm hoping I can get some help with some issues I'm going through.

If my bed covers were pulled off I would freak out and probably not be able to go back to sleep! You guys are brave! I have only "felt" the presence of entities (never hostile), but never been touched or came into contact with them.

whitethorn
25th April 2011, 09:39 AM
i think I agree that it was probably not threatening, just frightening. I'll see how I get on the next time, ill try get up and well look about or something.. It doesnt happen often - at least not that im aware. But like i said the experience seemed very very familiar at the time. When I first read the books i was often trying to induce such a thing, these days I am much more cautious and dont really want my mind to open up in bizarre ways so I'll just see how it goes and ill keep u posted, thanks for the comments.

Beekeeper
25th April 2011, 11:36 AM
so these enities are actually REAL? I always thought that whatever I experienced and who ever I talked to while I was APing was just my mind creating things for me to do. Like a living dream.

It can be! Who's not to say that your own mind might not create an entity to guide you or pull you out as well?

I can also say I've felt astral beings slip in between my husband and me in bed on occasions. For all I know, it's hubby a little out of phase. On the occasions it has happened, I've been too tired to care - just so long as they lie still and don't snore!

Sinera
25th April 2011, 11:57 AM
You did better than me, Volgerie. I found myself in a wrestling match some years ago. It was only after I "blew the entity up" :oops: and became fully conscious that I realised that there was no indicator at all that I was about to be harmed in anyway and that the entity in question actually felt very gentle and loving.
I had some 'peripheral' hints that I could/should trust though, so it was made a bit easier for me.
Whitethorn, maybe you could affirm before you go to sleep that you get some signs in your dreams (or projections) about the entity/spirit. It is possible.
You could also affirm that only energy systems and entities get near you that are beneficial to you. You can combine it with some exercises before falling asleep, such as the Monroe affirmations combined with a kind of "Rebal"-technique:
http://www.monroeinstitute.org/download ... rt-monroe/ (http://www.monroeinstitute.org/downloads/an-affirmation-from-robert-monroe/)
Good luck, cheers,
Volgerle

whitethorn
25th April 2011, 04:19 PM
in reading this all back I should perhaps confirm that Its unclear but most likely that it was my astral bed covers and likely not actually my bed covers being pulled. The more they were pulled the more i was pulling back and the harder and harder I had to pull. I suppose you could compare that to rope technique, although I wasn't at least intentionally to my knowledge trying to do it. thanks for that link btw, i have heard it before and its very trancy sounding, im not convinced I want to try it yet really, i feel a lil bit strange and I could use some balancing rather than inducing but its good to know its there.

whitethorn
25th April 2011, 05:18 PM
btw nice to talk to people. Thanks for having me. Im going to create a new account because im not really into my whitethorn username so ill see u about as a new name at some point. 8)