PDA

View Full Version : Name keeps popping up

summersolstice
26th April 2011, 12:41 AM
A couple of weeks ago I had a surname come to me during meditation. I didn't think too much about it since it's happened before, although only once. Today during meditation I received a first name along with the same surname and what's peculiar is that the name is familiar, though I can't remember why. I now have a hauntingly familiar first and last name and it's like having an itch I can't scratch. Could this be as simple as a long repressed memory suddenly popping up? Anyone have any ideas what this might be or have a similar experience?

CFTraveler
26th April 2011, 12:48 AM
I have a few times, and sometimes it means something, most of the time it doesn't. Try googling it, maybe you'll make some association with it.

summersolstice
26th April 2011, 11:39 AM
what was the meditation to do for what exercise/s

good luck

love akll

I was listening to a Gateway recording - Free flow Focus 10 - and working on my chakra centers. I've had very good experiences with both the free flow Focus 10 and free flow Focus 12 recordings.

Tutor
26th April 2011, 12:31 PM
ive had a name or two pop up like that. the name "ichabod" has popped up several times over the years. usually has to do with the numerical/definitive meaning of the name and not a person. what is the name in "..... ....."? maybe we can cipher it a few ways, see if it is a message. just treat it like any two words, get to its roots ya see. impersonalize it.

summersolstice
26th April 2011, 09:26 PM
what is the name in "..... ....."? maybe we can cipher it a few ways, see if it is a message. just treat it like any two words, get to its roots ya see. impersonalize it.

The name is Barb Faber. Kinda strange and not that common but vaguely familiar.

Tutor
26th April 2011, 11:47 PM
barbara means 'stranger' or 'somewhat foreign to'. faber is a worker in metals, a smith. a stranger or long ago aquaintance perhaps by the name of smith or as a metal smith and jewelry making. or this could be a class you have felt interest in but put off, offered by community education of college level art course. maybe you purchased or have lately desired to purchase a piece of handmade jewelry...etc. could be an old piece of handmade jewelry that you've put away, and because of its properties it beckons for you to wear it. this could be about a positive memory from the past that seeks reunion during a less positive time...etc.

lots of times the brain doesnt have the specific object in grasp, just like when we are talking and forget a key word/noun. we begin to free associate to jog it loose.

ironic that in your description you have defined it..."kinda strange and not that common but vaguely familiar". are you by chance a 'smith', or perhaps know a woman whom maybe had 'smith' as a maiden name.

in that this has come as 'barb' this seems like a deep splinter in your time/life having set itself within you, has now turned and is working outward perhaps, as remembering something long forgotten, or suppressed perhaps. a splinter is a foreign object that has gone within, or perhaps at one time as a sharp barb superficially wounded, but the underlying scar/memory was retained.

long shots really, but there ya go. mean anything?

tim

summersolstice
27th April 2011, 01:01 AM
could be an old piece of handmade jewelry that you've put away, and because of its properties it beckons for you to wear it.
tim

Quite a coincidence. A good friend made me a very nice heavy silver Thor's Hammer on a necklace a few years ago and I wore it today for the first time in months.

-K

Tutor
27th April 2011, 01:47 AM
wow. like a premonition of inner guidence then. coincidental and mystical, considering the healing properties of silver coupled with the symbolic power of thor's hammer. i always impersonalize these type things, however they personally come to me, try and decipher them that way. of course after i've taken it personal for a short time, worried and fretted over it, as if it is a bad omen or sign. but, i think we demystified it.

tim