PDA

View Full Version : Shielding

8th April 2006, 03:14 PM
Below is a post by Alex regarding shielding, I found it really helpful, maybe others might too. :)

in my experience shields are extremely useful if properly maintained. Since I began using shields, my life has improved dramatically, not just spiritually but also physically (more opportunities seem to come along, i meet nicer people, I can deal with nasty people more easily). I feel more energised with a well maintained shield. When I forget to maintain it, I notice within two months I become quite depressed and withdrawn.

They are reasonably simple to set up. If you are capable of raising your energy through some form of visualisation or energy feeling exercises you should be able to project that energy into a shield.

The effectiveness of your shield will greatly depend on the intent, or kind of thoughts that you use to construct it. It is more than simply making a shell of white light around you / your house / whatever you wish to protect, but not really that difficult. All it involves is the use of your imagination.

To make the shield, do whatever form of meditation you prefer (although with practice you will be able to do it any time). Some kind of energy raising exercise will be useful beforehand as well to warm you up and give you a feel for the energy you will be using to make the shield. This will also help provide you with some energy to make it.

When you feel energised and positive, try to imagine the energy forming into a cocoon around yourself or the area to be protected. Since energy and thought are strongly related, it is important that you imagine the kind of things your shield will do. For me, this involves imagining a shield of which is impenetrable by anything that wishes to do me (or whatever i am shielding) harm.

First I imagine the area that the shield will fill, and then imagine energy flowing into it, filling the area with energy and purpose. The longer you spend energising the shield, the stronger it becomes and the better able it is to provide protection. If you feel that you lose focus on the shield during this procedure, it means you are getting low on energy. You may wish to stop for a while to gather more energy before proceeding. I have made the mistake in the past of ignorong these lapses in concentration and continuing to pour energy into the shield, the result was I drained all my energy and spent a few weeks recovering. That was back when I thought energy raising was all fluff and nonsense. With practice you will be able to simultaneously construct a shield and raise energy (kinda like the circular breathing required to play a didgeridoo), but unless you can do this try not to let your energy get too low, or take a breather, or stop and do more the next day.

The important thing to remember is that you must maintain the shield - spend a while on it each day because the longer it goes without your attention, the weaker it gets until it is all but forgotten (and at that stage you will have to start over), the opposite is equally true, the more time you spend on it reinforces it.

I hope this helps a little in your quest. There are many other ways of doing this, some people construct shields of fire that burn intruders, you could probably invent your own defence system, but for me at least the simple "bug repellant" approach works very well (when I don't forget to maintain it).

As a last note, When you construct a shield or any astral entity, you are making it out of concsious, living thought energy. Instead of thinking of a shield as an external device or a tool that can be controlled like a machine, it is better to consider it as an extension of your self - take good care of it, keep it healthy and with time you will notice many improvements to your life.[/size]

Read the entire thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=1419 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1419)

SD: Stickified because shielding is a "hot topic" for PSD :) -Jason

Akashic_Librarian
9th April 2006, 02:09 PM
Cool Thanks :-)

McArthur
11th April 2006, 11:54 PM
Another way to shield is by doing what is called "The Middle Pillar Exercise (http://israelregardiefoundation.net/pillar.htm)" on a regular basis. This was an original ritual practice for Adepts of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and is still used by occultists/mystics/magicians all over the world today. Israel Regardie wrote a book about it called "The Middle Pillar" but all the basics are also in his little book called "The Art of True Healing" which can be obtained free here listed under his name:

http://www.hermetics.org/ebooks.html

wstein
12th April 2006, 02:22 AM
The orignal quote well describes 'energy' shields.

Not all shields (protective barriers) work this way, and not all require maintainace.

Some of the other possiblilites:

Temporal or dimensional phasing/shifting are more or less permanent and require no maintainance.

Ancient temple priests used Wards which were effective for long periods of time.

Witch or Voodoo style curses can be set up as a shield (used mainly on buildings, tombs, pyramids).

Becoming energy transparent (not necessarily done by shielding) also requires little maintainance.

Becoming Unknowable (reference Toltec - Known, Unknown, Unknowable) is not strictly speaking a shield but offers similar protection.

Putting up an energetic mirror shields from energy attacks. It requires some but not much maintainance.

Rayson
12th April 2006, 03:21 AM
Can I please just add that if you are doing anytype of long-term shielding or warding on something or someone other than yourself, that you please make sure to maintain it or deconstruct it. I know many people who have suffered the ill effects of "wards gone arwy". Some magic/energy can persist for hundreds of years, making property warded for it's "owner" now somewhat inhospitable, as it's owner died 265 years ago, and it now recognizes the new owner as an intruder (wording and specific intent is often key as well, as I imagine you can assume). Also- some wards, if left alone, suffer stagnation, instead of weakening. So instead of just fading and disappearing, they "rot" and become unplesant energy constructs, much more in tune with negativity than light.

Rules of thumb:
-set a "date of expiration" on wards, which last no more than 2 months.
-renew wards lasting longer
-word incants/phrase intent clearly, in terms of what is energizing, who/what is being shielded, and who/what is being shielded out
-deconstruct energy constructs and wards when moving out of a place
-break down wards if you are not going to be in the area to maintain them (provide protectees with other ways to self-shiled while you are gone, if you provide wards for friends)

(-:

QUE_KAKASHI
6th May 2006, 01:30 AM
i some times use what i call a Psi-suit basically a concentrated shield that is around the body, or i when i feel invaded or under attack , i use my protective symbol (cross with white light pouring out) in the area affected or a big one that scares away bad things . I used to have trouble sleeping but i used a ward/shield or watever around my bed in a box shape w/ symbols on sides. No problem sleeping. You dont have to use a cross but whatever suits u.

Dsmoke
6th May 2006, 11:55 AM
Can I please just add that if you are doing anytype of long-term shielding or warding on something or someone other than yourself, that you please make sure to maintain it or deconstruct it.

This reminds me of something else. I don't know if this has ever happened to other people. Years ago when I was in a bad situation with an energy vampire that I couldn't get away from, I shielded myself extremely heavy. This was instinctual and I didn't actually know I was doing anything real - I just thought it was a mental technique that made me feel better, so I did it frequently. When I started learning energy work a few years later, I realized that this shield (particularly over my heart chakra) had essentially grown into me. It probably saved my life at the time, but it grew unchecked since then and is now causing energetic and physical problems for me.

So be careful with shielding - definitely take the heavy-duty ones down when you no longer need them. I wish I had understood what I was doing back then.

CFTraveler
6th May 2006, 04:31 PM
I have used a dodecahedron for a long time without really knowing what it was- at the time I didn't know anything about energy work but it felt right. It has been so effective, that I didn't even think of any side effects. Can someone more knowledgeable than I about this give me their opinion about it?

star
6th May 2006, 04:38 PM
I always figure my shields fall apart eventually. The idea of a evolving shield doesn't quite put my mind at ease.

I'm not sure how shapes themselves help or hinder shields, but I've always used pyramid type shields.

Unless I just work from intuition, and in that case my shield could be shaped in any strange way.

Dsmoke
6th May 2006, 04:59 PM
Oh I didn't mean to alarm anyone - actually I think my shielding issues are mostly due to my particular situation and my mental state that encouraged this kind of growth. I doubt this would be a common occurrence, but it can't hurt to simply check every so often and make sure the same thing does not happen to you if you are using heavy shields in a crisis situation.

6th May 2006, 05:20 PM
Sometimes I see myself encased in sphere. Sort of like an egg, I'm the yolk in the middle.

At first, I could only see mine in 2D, working on the 3D part and making sure to get it over my head and under my feet.

A dodecahedron CF? That's cool. The other night I saw myself doing something like this - I was very spikey all over. :? I don't know enough to give any kind of helpful opinion - but it feels like a complicated structure to generate all the time. :)

CFTraveler
6th May 2006, 06:04 PM
It's complicated at first (you have to imagine a pentagon and then connect the parts and do it all around you) but after a while it becomes second nature. An organic process, if you will. :shock:

6th May 2006, 06:42 PM
It's complicated at first (you have to imagine a pentagon and then connect the parts and do it all around you) but after a while it becomes second nature. An organic process, if you will. :shock:

You do this as a 3 dimensional shape?

Sorry - when you say an organic process, you mean to say sort of happening naturally? I'm so used to relating the term organic to food. :lol:

I don't mean to be obtuse - I'm just really tired today!

wstein
6th May 2006, 07:27 PM
Oh I didn't mean to alarm anyone - actually I think my shielding issues are mostly due to my particular situation and my mental state that encouraged this kind of growth. I doubt this would be a common occurrence, but it can't hurt to simply check every so often and make sure the same thing does not happen to you if you are using heavy shields in a crisis situation.

Your issue is not unique either. I built a permanent shield as a toddler without really understanding all the consequences. It interfered with relationships all through my 20s until I figured out what the problem was. I was not aware enough when building it to put in an 'off' switch. I had trouble taking it down.

draco
6th June 2006, 10:34 PM
can one have a permanent, self sustaining shield of unconscious creation? i have always sensed somthing of that sort around me, and i can 'feel' a powerful energy field around me. perhaps it is my own, perhaps a protector(s). but i have always been extremely lucky and lately have been very happy.

as a child i have suffered tough trauma, and was a loner. perhaps i naturally built it to keep everyone out..? idk but it would explain a LOT of things, and music helps a lot too. esp rock/alternative. i feel empowered by music.

wstein
7th June 2006, 02:07 AM
can one have a permanent, self sustaining shield of unconscious creation?

Yes.

This is not the only possibility. I had/have a self sustaining shield that I created in the first year of life (on Earth). In my 30s, is was investigating its source as I did not (then) know. After rummaging around in early memories, I discovered that I had consciously created it after being attacked, but then subsequently forgotten it (see earlier part of this topic about not doing that).

My mother also has a self sustaining shield that was created for her in childhood by her aunt.

Keep an open mind as to the source of yours. There are other more remote possibilities, like someone put it there to keep you in...

boris
20th June 2006, 09:10 PM
ok, i read the first post last night and emmediately started working on my first shield, it seems to have worked quite nicely for only one day,

ive just now read the possible problems with old shields, and having not set an "off date" can anyone tell me more about deconstructing my sheild if need be?

also, does anyone have any particualr visualisation techniques?

and how much time should be spent inputting energy into the sheild?

thanks.

Vic Sage
21st June 2006, 04:15 AM
There's a scene from the last book of King's Dark Tower series where Father Callahan -- the Roman Catholic priest in 'Salem's Lot whose faith failed him in his climactic confrontation with lead vampire Barlow, causing him to embrace alcoholism and flee town, leaving it to be infested -- finally ends his decades-long search for redemption.

As Callahan stands amidst dozens upon dozens of vampires and worse things (in a New York restaurant that caters to such clientele, no less), gun in one hand and holy symbol in the other, he begins to feel that infinite divine wrath, that unstoppable white-hot righteous fury on which he held such a tenuous grasp back in 'Salem's Lot, welling up within him. First it's his symbol, and then his weapon, each round burning cleanly through whatever monsters it hits and leaving a howling, disintegrating husk in its wake. Then he realizes that he doesn't need either, and at that moment it's him, the power coursing through his body.

It's kind of the same thing, I think, as that moment at the end of The Matrix when Neo looks at the hail of gunfire coming for him and simply waves his hand. "No," he says, and reality bends to his will.

The whole point is that one of the illustrations in the book is of this moment. It's one of those things that I find pretty inspirational for these kinds of psychic self-defense purposes. I feel like the reason you hear so often that "visualizing a white shield" isn't effective is because the mental image will remain just a mental image unless that tidal wave feeling of power is there fueling it.

Anyway, this is the sort of process that I go through as needed, that unyielding power of "The White" roiling outward from my body and flooding the confines of the room.

[picture deleted, as it was hotlinked and the site has been password protected since this post was made, causing errors in this thread]

Make sense?

Best,

--V

21st June 2006, 04:29 AM
Cool pic and great idea! It's similar to what I do, and, surprisingly similar to what Robert suggested at his latest workshop. He said to imagine and "feel" a straight pole going around you, starting from your body core. Add a wall from your core to the pole made of whatever you like...rock, fire, water, light, etc. Then, keep it spinning faster and faster around you, making it larger and larger until it sort of wraps around you in a protective shield. He said it's great for clearing a room or space, also.

wstein
21st June 2006, 06:47 AM
ok, i read the first post last night and emmediately started working on my first shield, it seems to have worked quite nicely for only one day,

ive just now read the possible problems with old shields, and having not set an "off date" can anyone tell me more about deconstructing my sheild if need be?

and how much time should be spent inputting energy into the sheild?

thanks.

OK. To start with, you are using an energy based shield. These typically are effective 1-3 days unless they are refreshed or have a power source. One day is a respectable start. Since it is evident that either you do not have a constant source of energy or you don't know how to link them together, you are going to have to refresh it every day or two. Most energy shields slowly leak at a more or less constant rate. Additionally if they are challenged or attacked they can be drained much faster (nearly instantaneous in the worst case). At least every other day you need to recharge it to its original level. If you are unable to do so, it simply will not last as long. The kind of shield you are building does not need an explicit off date as it will naturally dissipate completely in a week or so after the last refresh.

Once you master attaching a power source, then you need to be careful about expiration. If you use a source with a guardian, then it is a simple matter of informing the guardian the terms for discontinuing its service. If the source is a natural one, then there are several choices. The simplest method is to route the power through something that is not permanent. For instance, if you are protecting your car, then place the protection on the registration (which is kept in the car). The registration gets replaced every so often (or when you sell the car). In either case when the registration is destroyed, the protection will stop. On the off chance it gets lost, it made of paper and will decay eventually. There are LOTS of sophisticated methods like building a psychic dead-man's switch, or assigning a guardian, or setting a destruction based on planetary alignment. However, these require their own skills and complicate shield building.

If you are in serious need of constant shielding protection, I suggest you get one on one training on how to build a different kind of shield (non-energy) [reread page one of this topic for ideas]

boris
1st July 2006, 06:56 PM
wstein (on sheild)

"I had/have a self sustaining shield that I created in the first year of life...
I had consciously created it after being attacked, but then subsequently forgotten it (see earlier part of this topic about not doing that). "

i dont think this sheild had a power source attached to it yet it has lasted for 30 years.

I know im being nit pickity about this but after reading about what can happen if you leave a sheild to go old i dont want to take any chances, clarification!

thanks.

wstein
2nd July 2006, 01:57 AM
My shield was a dimensional shield. It is based in a physical alteration of dimensionality not on energy. Like when you cut a piece of paper, it remains cut.

The fact that yours only lasted a short time (a day) most likely (99%) means that it required an on-going energy source and did not have one.

Your caution is a good thing.

I am not clear what exactly you want clarified. So if the above did not answer it, please rephrase your inquiry.

boris
5th July 2006, 08:14 PM
thanks wstein, basically i just wanted to know if one could accidentally set up a dimensional shield when they think theyre just doing a normal one (using visialisation and energy raising), and without realizing it, have it go old and cause the problemas that were mentioned earlier.

wstein
6th July 2006, 03:20 AM
thanks wstein, basically i just wanted to know if one could accidentally set up a dimensional shield when they think theyre just doing a normal one (using visialisation and energy raising), and without realizing it, have it go old and cause the problemas that were mentioned earlier.

I doubt that one could mistakenly create a dimensional shield while intending an energy shield. The nature of the two are very different. Same for Temporal or dimensional phasing/shifting, Wards, Witch or Voodoo style curses, Becoming energy transparent, and
Becoming Unknowable.

It is possible to create a lasting energy shield by unknowingly attaching an energy source. This can happen in several ways. There are two likely ones. First, your natural talent may be greater than you realize. As such, your intent my create what you want even if your apparent skill is not up to the task. Second, is if you invoke (or already have) a protector to create the shield on your behalf. In this case your helper may misunderstand your request or just decide that you need more assistance than you requested. Other than be clear of your intent to set a termination condition, I'm not sure what else you can do about this situation at this point.

There is some extremely remote chance that if you are not specific about what kind of protection you want that you would accidentally get a non-energy shield. This might happen in the case of an attack and out of reflex you cry out, "protect me". I would not worry about this at this point. When you get more experienced, then this is more of a consideration.

boris
28th July 2006, 06:41 PM
hi all, thought id put this querie in here, no need to start a new thread

Ive been working on sheilding alot recently and ive started feeling considerably more protected, however i feel that i am wasting alot of energy, quite a bit of it isnt actually going into forming/strengthening the sheild, and often during the day i feel drained, mentally and physically.
I think maybee its just being projected outwards into the rtz (?)

does anyone know how this can be avoided?

wstein
30th July 2006, 03:34 AM
hi all, thought id put this querie in here, no need to start a new thread

Ive been working on sheilding alot recently and ive started feeling considerably more protected, however i feel that i am wasting alot of energy, quite a bit of it isnt actually going into forming/strengthening the sheild, and often during the day i feel drained, mentally and physically.
I think maybee its just being projected outwards into the rtz (?)

does anyone know how this can be avoided?
Its probably your technique. You are correct that most of the energy should go into the shield at creation (does leak away slowly after creation). Could you briefly describe the method you are using to create your shield.

boris
30th July 2006, 06:10 PM
what i do is first raise energy, then feel it being used to create the shield around me, nothing fancy really, when i say "feel" it, its the same feeling as when energy is raised up the leg or arm, but instead it goes exterior to me and is no longer felt in my body. i dont just visualise the sheild i do try to "feel" it also.

im not really aware of any direct leakage at the time, its just that since first working on sheilds ive had extended peroids of energy depleation and weakness, the likes i have never experienced before.

Rayson
30th July 2006, 07:24 PM
You'll excuse me in that I haven't read the older posts in awhile, and this is my response just from the last 3 written...

Shielding takes energy to establish a shield, energy to sustain it, and energy to strengthen/grow it. This energy has to come from somewhere. If you are not doing an equal amount of energy raising as you are energy-using, you will deplete your personal reserves, and this will cause fatigue to start, and more serious health problems down the line.

NEW has a section on energy raising which may be helpful. That same technique could probably be modified so that you raise the energy straight to the shields itself, and not into the Tantien/Major Physical Storage Site first, but as I'm a novice with shielding, I don't know if one is preferable to another. There are undoubtedly some chi kung exercises for energy raising as well.

I would start doing more energy raising now, but if the symptoms don't clear up fast enough, then stop work on the shield until you have re-established a solid reservoir of personal energy. Hopefully you will also increase your storage capacity and ability to raise energy too. This means that when more work continues on your shield, you will have even more ability to fuel the shield.

One last note- as already mentioned in other places, shields will frequently keep things in, as well as out. They also serve as an energetic beacon to people and entities who can sense them (sorta like on a street with all white houses, the house that is red really stands out, and people come by to look at it), and can attract problems potentially. If you don't have a good reason to need a shield, I wouldn't recommend having one, unless you intend on progressing further into techniques and actions where you believe you will need one down the line.

wstein
31st July 2006, 05:48 AM
A small correction to Rayson's comment, only energy shields necessarily require energy "to establish a shield, energy to sustain it, and energy to strengthen/grow it".

boris, It sounds like you don't actually know if the energy you are raising is getting into the shield or not.

Some things to ponder on:
1) Until you get more experienced, I would suggest making the explicit intent that the energy raised be used for the shield.

2) Try directing the energy raised into your aura rather than into a shield. This will provide nearly the same protection but is less likely to spill and waste energy. If this drains you less then there is a wasting problem. Also you should still be able to feel it there.

3) I agree with Rayson that if you are draining yourself creating shields then you are not actually increasing your protection, just displacing it outside your physical body. In general, energy is more useful inside your physical body than in a shield surrounding you.

4) Also Rayson's point about shields 'will frequently keep things in' (i.e. keeps you in) is correct. Unless you feel threatened, its better to live without a shield. Also the type of shield you are creating does not discriminate and so blocks out good energy (i.e. help) equally to bad.

5) Rayson's point about draining your energy reserves is very important. If you get too low on personal energy, your body will get sick or damaged.

------

My intuition is that creating the shield is using a lot of your energy capacity is true but not the actual problem. My guess is that you are constantly trying to reinforce the shield during the in-between times. It can consume more energy to constantly "top off" the shield than in creating it in the first place.

If this turns out to be true:
1) replenish the shield only as it gets low (do not try to keep it a maximum) typically every 1-2 days.
2) reread this topic from the beginning to learn how to attach a power source to your shield rather than supplying your own energy (also note the warning about taking it down later).

Rhone
31st July 2006, 02:49 PM
Shielding was recommended to Boris based on the fear and possible neg presence he was feeling that was holding back his projection attempts.

I don't claim to be an expert, but IMO developing yourself with energy work makes you stand out from the crowd as it is... I don't think shielding makes it any worse. There are three important practices that I believe are essential for someone doing anything metaphysical:

1. Grounding (after finishing with energy work)
2. Cleansing (cleaning negative energy out of aura--ideally done daily)
3. Shielding (once created, how often it needs to be reinforced depends on how experienced you are and how strong the shield is... shouldn't need to be reinforced more than once per day unless you are under attack)

I see those things as like showering and brushing your teeth... if you neglect them, you will get dirty. Even if you're not under attack, you likely come in contact with negative energy on a daily basis, even if it's just walking by someone with a lot of negativity on the street. Shields will help keep your aura from absorbing some of that negativity, and cleansing will help you get rid of any negative energy that does cling to your aura (or your shield).

Anyway, some ideas for how to prevent feeling "drained" with your shield:

It's possible you are simply expending more energy than you're raising. Consider continuing to raise energy while you are creating the shield. One way to do this might be coordinating energy with breathing like is done in Quantum Touch and Pranic Healing (and Bruce's Healing with the Heart): As you inhale (slowly and deeply!) raise energy, then as you exhale direct the energy you just raised into creating your shield.

Reinforce the shield just once every day or two, spending no more than a few minutes on it when you do. If the shield feels strong and is working well, then you can probably cut back to reinforcing it just once or twice per week. Also, after you work on the shield, try to imagine that you are "sealing" or "closing" it so that 1) the shield's energy is not allowed to "leak" and 2) it will not pull energy out of you, outside of when you are specifically intending to reinforce it.

Also make sure that you imagine the shield as only keeping negative energy out. Keep this specific intention in mind the entire time that you are working on creating and reinforcing the shield. That will help make it so that 1) Positive energy can still come in, and 2) Negative energy that's already in your aura can still be expelled through the shield.

I suspect part of your tiredness may just be using more energy than you're used to using. Just like when you start exercising after being lazy for a while... you get tired and sore at first, but keep at it (keep doing the NEW stuff to strengthen your energy, but don't overdo it) and make sure you get enough sleep, and you will get strong enough for your shield to not be much of a drain on the rest of your energy.

Sunkencity
15th October 2006, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the helpful comments! I am more then happy to share my sheilding technique.
I begin by stilling my mind, and then open with an elemental-based version of the LBRP. From there, I work the secondary circuit for ten breaths, and then awaken the primary centers and work the primary circuit for ten breaths. After this, I circulate energy in the Middle Pillar fashion to enliven the aura, and then perform the IAO formula to harden it. From here I take in energy through the crown and push it down and out of the solar plexus, forming an oval of shimmering, light blue light around my self. I focus on it and strongly see it, smell it's odor of ozone, and feel barely contained electric energy pulsing in it. When this is tangible, I imbue the shield with it's purpose, and set a time for it's existence to anchor it (one week). I make sure to vocalize with the body and spirit (and visualize for the mental) so that there's a link to all three planes, and the sheild is effective in the mental, astral, and the physical. After this, I thank the Source and close.
It's worked well for me thus far, but still needs charging every other day to stay at it's best.

Palehorse Redivivus
25th October 2006, 03:00 AM
Question about this idea of self sustaining shields that are unconscious or forgotten about, and causing problems... for those who have had this happen, how did you discover that this was the case, and what did you do about it, in practical terms?

I think I may have something similar going on. But if my hunch is correct, I'm stuck in kind of a catch-22 -- I can't perceive the shield directly, figure out what its nature is, how it got there or what to do about it, because the shield is blocking out my ability to do so, among a lot of other things. All I know or think I know about it, I've pieced together from the effects and other recurring themes and experiences.

Any thoughts?

wstein
25th October 2006, 09:30 AM
I discovered one of my 'forgotten' shields in this way. I noticed that I was keeping people at an emotional distance all the time. At first I thought it was just because of my poor social skills from an isolated childhood. But after 5 years of building social skills, the distance remained. It struck me as odd that never did anyone get closer. Even if I was a total moron socially, it ought to vary occasionally. So it seemed there must be something else going on.

I decided to travel to the 'cause' of this (using my method similar to phasing) with no results. Then I tried looking into the past at random times to narrow down when it started. I was able to narrow it to a one month window. I asked my parents where I had been during that month. I had lived in one place during that period. With this information, I again traveled but this time into memory space to see the incident that caused me to build the shield. Turns out I was visited by a suspicious interdimensional traveler. I'm not sure what 'he' wanted but I was not going to let him have it. To fill in more details I did some vision work. I remembered that he had claimed to know me from before this life and that we were still working (currently) on a joint project. This allowed me to work out the nature of the shield.

Palehorse Redivivus
26th October 2006, 08:03 AM
Both great replies; much of it fits with my perception of my own situation, so thanks for that. :)

In my case there may well have been an original event, but the feeling is that this "shell" has formed over the course of a lifetime(s?) due to a vicious cycle and bad survival mechanisms that I didn't know weren't entirely healthy at the time. The effect seems to have been a progressive blocking out of all the things you've both mentioned; spiritually, socially, emotionally, etc.

Distant, isolated, yep... problem was that for most of my life the way I interpreted it was to take it for granted that this was an inherent part of my nature... interconnectedness, mutual support, allies in the truest sense, were things other people did but I figured I wasn't designed for. Now I'm thinking that this thing not only caused the feeling of being cut off and set apart, but perpetuated itself, especially during crisis periods, I'd respond to the "reality" of being isolated (as I saw it) by isolating myself even further to focus fully on taking care of myself.

Now what I'm curious about, is how long did it take you guys to get rid of these things after figuring out what the problem was? Okay, what I'm really curious about is what I might be about to flood myself with, and how much how quickly, and the most efficient way to get through it with my sanity and myself in one piece, heh.

Thanks again for the input. :)

wstein
27th October 2006, 06:10 AM
A lot of the preliminary work gets done while trying to find the original cause. I was able to reactive the on/off switch and get conscious control through understanding after a couple of months (no additional flooding required). This was of course after several years of seeking the true cause.

I suspect, the time varies based on whether the threat (or perceived threat) is still present. I am having another spontaneous shielding problem. In this case the threat is still present, so part of me will NOT let it be taken down.

27th October 2006, 07:05 AM
What you guys are talking about sounds a lot like character armor, at least it does to me. Armor (or shielding?) you develop via your experiences throughout life that is initially created to protect you from a perceived threat, but, kind of stays in place long after that threat (real or imagined) is gone and can affect your relationships with others as well as yourself.

Curious stuff. :)

There is a Reichian therapy that is designed to help dissolve this character armor - it's an energy manipulation based therapy I believe?? I could be wrong...

27th October 2006, 01:09 PM
Theres a lot of ways of looking at this situation.

From a psychological perspective we develop certain personality habits in response to repeated exposure to certain situations, especially in early childhood, which enable us to deal with those situations at the time. In later life these responses may not be appropriate, however these responses are so ingrained in one's personality that it may seem like it is the world, rather than oneself, which is causing the problems. An intelligent person would see that it is these ingrained responses that no longer fit the current circumstances, and that they must seek to understand the circumstances more fully and experiment with new responses to find a more functional way of interacting with one's environment.

Its very probable that these inbuilt responses, in physical, mental and spiritual contexts may have something to do with past life experiences.

In any terms, replacing depreciated situation responses with more relevant ones has to be approached on all levels of consciousness, from day to day decisions right through to deep meditations / core image work / shielding. This is self-discovery at its core.

You hit the nail on the head there my friend. :) This is a huge part of my healing and something I'm thinking about a lot lately. Maybe that's why I saw the parallel?

Thanks Alex, as per usual, your words are wise and very welcome.

This is a curious tidbit - I've heard this kind of armor actually manifests on the chakras?? Any thoughts? Maybe I should start a new thread??

27th October 2006, 06:13 PM
I've heard this kind of armor actually manifests on the chakras??
Weird story in relation to this. I was at a holistic expo and a metaphysical school was offering free readings as advertisement. So, I thought, what the heck. I had just had an aura picture done a few hours before that showed a black line going across my throat from the right side.

The psychic told me that I had an entity around my throat chakra. She said that I had had many lifetimes where I spoke my mind too often and paid dearly for it. As a result, between lifetimes, I had asked an old pastlife friend to follow me into this one (not phsycially) to keep me from speaking my mind so much. She said I was in the process of releasing this entity, but that "he" didn't want to go.

So, for anyone who has known me for more than an hour will recognize that I speak my mind too often. :roll: But, I hadn't said but about 10 words to this psychic. I thought that was pretty eerie.

Later that day, I had an aura healing done. (Another freebie by a school). As these were students doing the free stuff, I wasn't about to be too impressed. So, I sat down in the chair, waiting for this woowoo artist to do her airy fairy thing. She started patting the air around me, which I thought was fairly weird. When she patted the air near the right side of my throat chakra, I was almost knocked out of the chair. :shock: Then, the chair started rockin' and rollin'. When she was done, I jumped up and shook the chair to see if one leg was shorter than the other. Nope, solid as a rock. Ok, I admit it, I became a believer.

Don't know if he's still there hitchin' a ride on my throat chakra, but sometimes I think that if he is, it's not such a bad thing. Some people would definitely say I need a whole army of entities to block my throat chakra. :D

Astral Exorcist
3rd March 2007, 03:10 AM
Does anybody here have any recommendations on what's the best Shielding Books available?

Robert Bruce’s Physic Self Defence is on my Shopping list.

Astral Exorcist
3rd March 2007, 08:28 AM
I use Chamomile flower Tea to relax my muscles for fighting my insomnia. The tea bags are gold in nature giving that colour to my body. I also use 1 spoon of gold coloured honey as a tonic in my chamomile tea.

I can also retrieve web information about a herbalist who recommended it to fight night terrors if you like.

The human body can absorb the colour we eat and can give protection to our bodies.

Chamomile Reminds me of the Sun god. Im not extreme I do not practice sacrifices for the sun god. But im well aware that without it their is no life here on earth. The sun is full of hot particles that has higher vibrational properties.

The association with the Chamomile flower and the sun is clear.

journyman161
3rd March 2007, 08:55 AM
Tea of various types can have good effects on the body. There is one that balances the body to the point where it is used by people to reverse their cancer. It also has beneficial effects for relaxation & de-stressing the body for those who don't have life-threatening illnesses.

Google Essiac Tea & have a read about what it can do.

Beekeeper
3rd March 2007, 09:43 AM
I can vouch for the amazing health benefits of at least one tea, as Jman already knows.

On shielding, I have a story to share. I was telling it to someone just today, as it turns out.

I'd never considered using shielding in any way* other than for astral travel protection unitl I read a thread here (probably this one). At the time, I was having trouble with a woman at work who was very vindictive not just towards me but towards a number of people. She seemed to enjoy drama and she had me in her sights at this particular time. In fact, she wouldn't let up. I could feel a particular heavy energy whenever I was around her.

So, on this particular morning as I walked towards the staffroom with strong energy sensations I decided to create a shield. When I sat at the staff table she was behind me at the sink. I figured it was very likely she'd be making some type of unkind gesture behind my back as I'd seen her do to many other people. The intention of my shield was to bounce back whatever was sent my way.

She opened the tap and the water spurted out, covering her. The tap there never does this. She reacted wildly. Then she opened a cupboard and a cup fell out and nearly clocked her. Again, this is the only time I've ever known anything to fall from that particular cupboard. She really started freaking out saying things like, "What's going on? This is weird. Something freaky is happening."

I smiled.

We're peaceful again now.

*Actually, upon review that's not strictly true. As a child I used to shield intuitively whenever I was afraid. I used to think of it as a "force field."

Astral Exorcist
8th March 2007, 05:29 AM
I did the shielding. A few days back I visualized golden nails all around my being. How I did it was believing it was real. It could be a crappy shield for a newbie at first. "The point is it's better then nothing" It gave me comfort that nothing non- physical is going to touch me, When Im asleep and I felt safe in this bubble as you might call it. Then I noticed these sensations, something moving around smudging on the surface of my aura or shield. Everynight I pictured the gold. I put 2 and 2 together. That means mind eyes visual that's 1. 2 is the awareness where this visual light is located in the RTZ. The minds eye visual is more like a isolated visual only found in the minds eye. Well that's how I see it. It's the skill of binding 2 and 2 togther. Eventually, The visualization transformed into sharp gold rays looking like shades of gold in the dream which effected the neg. The neg got pissed, I think, once I started to practice the shielding exercise in my dream lol. Physically I tried to search anything in my brain that gave me the biggest golden radients effect for my minds eye visual. And that's how I did what I did.

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 07:21 AM
When I'm really needing to shield quickly and powerfully, I throw up my own power. Usually these shields are meant to be temporary and once my energy stops going into it, it fades.

My shields are instinctive against anything touching me, which made the fact that Aunt Clair could connect with my energy such a surprise. Usually my astral does not let anything close. I must have trusted her very much.

I do not like to create long-term shields. They are more trouble maintaining than they're worth in the end. ;)

Flash_hound
12th April 2007, 12:57 AM
Hmm... That's interesting. Because since I was little I have been throwing up shields in my room. Filling the room with my energy (I imagined it purple for some reason) and pushing all the "bad stuff" out. Since then I haven't had any fear in my bedroom.

I'm going to construct a personal shield for myself tonight. I did a little bit of shielding today I actually visually constructed armor, a cape, and a helmet and then a glowing essence from me, and wings to carry me out of body, ya know just to finish off the look. :roll: My imagination has a tendency towards the dramatics. But I feel much better after I do it.

Thanks for this thread I'm hoping that it will help me out in real life but I don't have any trouble with negs and will always be my own person. I just want it for the health benefits.

hasalameth
12th April 2007, 01:38 AM
Hmm... That's interesting. Because since I was little I have been throwing up shields in my room. Filling the room with my energy (I imagined it purple for some reason) and pushing all the "bad stuff" out. Since then I haven't had any fear in my bedroom.

I'm going to construct a personal shield for myself tonight. I did a little bit of shielding today I actually visually constructed armor, a cape, and a helmet and then a glowing essence from me, and wings to carry me out of body, ya know just to finish off the look. :roll: My imagination has a tendency towards the dramatics. But I feel much better after I do it.

Thanks for this thread I'm hoping that it will help me out in real life but I don't have any trouble with negs and will always be my own person. I just want it for the health benefits.

Usually when creating a shield, you draw energy from somewhere into your construct, at least that's what I do, for example creating a "tornado" shield I would draw energy from the wind. From where did you draw you purple energy? Or perhaps you just did this uncosciously, or YHWH-style as in "Let there be purple light, oh yeaahhh!"

Flash_hound
12th April 2007, 02:40 AM
Well, I don't know how I got purple. It just seemed right. I think because I thought of it as electrical jelly which can receive good into the jelly but holds out the bad. Electricity and energy are purple to me (probably from Pokemon psychics lol.) But I don't know, it seemed right. When I did my personal shielding it was gold and my armor was white with gold at the fringes (I think that's sweet.) But who knows.

hasalameth
12th April 2007, 11:03 AM
Well, I don't know how I got purple. It just seemed right. I think because I thought of it as electrical jelly which can receive good into the jelly but holds out the bad. Electricity and energy are purple to me (probably from Pokemon psychics lol.) But I don't know, it seemed right. When I did my personal shielding it was gold and my armor was white with gold at the fringes (I think that's sweet.) But who knows.

Hahhaha pokémon!! :)

So where do you think the energy for you construct comes from?

Flash_hound
12th April 2007, 05:56 PM
Well it's weird. The first few times I would do it as a child I would push it out directly from my body. But later I started to imagine energy in the middle of my room floating there, and that energy was white. I would then push that energy out to fill out my room and it would become purple. When I am really tired and I don't have the energy to make a shield I can see the energy in my room cave in and I would try and stretch and push it so that it filled up my room.

Alaskans
25th September 2007, 09:25 PM
Mirrorsheilds - dont skip this yet!

I know, people dont use them because they block out everything, but I found they are extremely good confined to certain areas of the body. I've had a certain neg giving me problems for mmmm... ten years probably? She drills for oil only on the back-right of my head. I have tried everything I could think of, nothing worked very well. Then I set up a mirror only over the effected spot, it helped immediately. I made it double sided (a mirror with 2 reflective sides), I didnt stop there, just to make sure, I made it 4 inchs of a-bomb proof mirrored 'steel'. It was easy to make, since it is a small area, and seems to have less maintenence than other ways. Of course I went to the extreme and beyond, just a regular mirror restricted to a spot works good, doesnt need to be impenitrable. So far, I havent had any real side effects (but its been hard to remember dreams). I've had much more energy etc w/o the neg, yay!

EDiT: actually, this didnt really work, she just went through my leg to get back to her 'cozy corner'. no doubt there are multiple entrances into a human body (both arms, right/left side of neck etc). I think some doorways are used by good spirits, and others by bad ones.

Akorah
15th October 2007, 06:46 PM
I find that my shields disappear the second i stop visualising them. Is there anyway to stop this? to make it stay attached without you visualising it?

I have heard of a few techniques but would like to hear from someone experienced in this first.

Alaskans
16th January 2008, 01:39 AM
I have a theory about shields.

The most elementary shields take place only in the mental layer of space. In the mental layer of space all things have actual existence. It is a product of your imagination but it is actually there. Each being has layers. One of them is mental. If a wall is imagined by someone, and another being tries to cross it, then there will be a battle of intent, the invading beings belief that it can pierce the wall, and the beleif of the wall builder of how impenetrable the wall is. If the invaders belief is less, then the mental layer of that being cannot pass through. The beings mind cannot cross the mental wall. It cannot function with the mental layer being separated from it, and so, all the other layers of that being must also stay outside of the wall. It's an actual battle of imagination, but the battle is real. Thats only the mental layer of a shield though.

As for longevity, are you sure you arent placing the belief that your shield will dissapear quickly into the making of the shield? I am interested in hearing about some more permanent shields being used also. The mirror ones I used to use lasted about a week.. I bet a good one could be made by making it deceptive rather than strong.

Beekeeper
16th January 2008, 06:56 AM
It's possible that you attract frightening entities to yourself in the astral planes. The shield may actually work to prevent that sending out of the signal by providing psychological reassurance.

faerylight
17th January 2008, 04:22 AM
It's possible that you attract frightening entities to yourself in the astral planes. The shield may actually work to prevent that sending out of the signal by providing psychological reassurance.

I've had recent experience with a demonic aspect of myself "calling" to entities to attack.

The "calling" can be from a number of things - an astral device implanted from a previous attack (calls the original attacker back), a nasty aspect of the self calling out to entities, a tag created and placed by entities, there are more but I don't know of them personally.

Shields help but they are not a cure all. You don't want to insulate yourself from everything that's out there and depending upon the adeptness of the entity, shields only help so much.

Inner work helps a great deal in weathering the reality of attacks. Although, as of yet, I have not found a "cure all".

wstein
18th January 2008, 03:42 AM
I would say that the most elementary shields are energetic not mental. They can be done with simple intent and then left (drawing on physical energetic sources). While there are purely mental shields, mostly the mental part is used in construction. The quality of constructions does affect the duration and effectiveness of the shield. May factors affect the duration of a shield, most notably, how often and how intensely it is challenged. Clearly, intent can reduce or boost its effectiveness. In fact setting a termination condition on shields during construction is good practice (to avoid them lingering and causing danger after their use is not needed).

I bet a good one could be made by making it deceptive rather than strong. There are mental shields that use this principle and do not decay with time, becoming unknowable for instance. For more information read earlier parts of this thread or http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?p=37821&highlight=unknowable#37821

Alaskans
19th January 2008, 01:58 AM
As in mentally invisible? (You do not exist to others, but you exist to yourself) You could interact with the universe, but nobody could find you. The main thing is removing the references to you (name, appearance, ever being seen) you cant steal someones memories though, right? So you have to destroy the connection between you and those references? Sounds like something done entirely by intuition. Doesnt seem explainable. But all of these kinds of sheilds are probably like that.

wstein
19th January 2008, 05:37 AM
You still exist. What is removed is the ability to refer to you. So, yes correct, you need to break any current connections. Then they can't be reestablished with out somehow realizing you exist. Its not an intutition thing.

Its not explainable thats the point.

Stealing memories is possible but extremely hard and frought with difficulties (and not recommended).

Beekeeper
20th January 2008, 05:17 AM

I've had recent experience with a demonic aspect of myself "calling" to entities to attack.

The "calling" can be from a number of things - an astral device implanted from a previous attack (calls the original attacker back), a nasty aspect of the self calling out to entities, a tag created and placed by entities, there are more but I don't know of them personally.

Shields help but they are not a cure all. You don't want to insulate yourself from everything that's out there and depending upon the adeptness of the entity, shields only help so much.

Inner work helps a great deal in weathering the reality of attacks. Although, as of yet, I have not found a "cure all".

I totally agree that a shield isn't all. I was thinking along the lines of working to prevent the kind of fear that engenders and energises thought forms.

That aspect of yourself calling to entities is very interesting. Is that subconsciously motivated by feelings of worthlessness, do you think, or is it perhaps a part of yourself that is trying to induce growth by bringing about some type of confrontation?

You don't want to insulate yourself from everything that's out there
I have considered this myself. It's true on the physical plane so why not the astral?

Alaskans
21st January 2008, 10:15 PM

That just reminded me that I had the same problem. I would be partly asleep and to my horror I would call all beings to come party at my place, if you know what I mean, then I would try to hastely cancel that invitation. I think I still have that interference but it is much weaker now. Makes me think of the times I 'cleaned house' and experienced my whole yin side being pulled away when I did internal/external neg removal. Half my body is considered a neg! :shock: On the flip side I have meditated outside and had critters come cuddle around my left foot (yang). I now realise that yin (dark) isnt bad, just chaotic/wild, and is just as important as yang (light), it could even become more important :shock: . It was me isolating my dark side that caused the two to contrast so greatly. I think that can cause a demonic aspect.

anotherone
21st January 2008, 10:41 PM
I now realise that yin (dark) isnt bad, just chaotic/wild, and is just as important as yang (light), it could even become more important :shock: . It was me isolating my dark side that caused the two to contrast so greatly. I think that can cause a demonic aspect.
That's something I've heard from a lot of places and never really understood. If 'dark' doesn't actually mean your bad side/qualities, what does it refer to? If it does mean that, what is this theme of 'balancing' it rather than getting rid of it? Do you really keep it around on purpose?

CFTraveler
22nd January 2008, 03:06 AM
That's something I've heard from a lot of places and never really understood. If 'dark' doesn't actually mean your bad side/qualities, what does it refer to? If it does mean that, what is this theme of 'balancing' it rather than getting rid of it? Do you really keep it around on purpose? It means that aspect of yourself you deny and hide from yourself. If there is something you don't like (or dissaprove of) about yourself, the tendency is to pretend it was never there (deny), project (objectify and give those qualities to another, and proceed to reject them) or suppress (deny until you forget). Then these qualities become unconscious and start to rule the way you live your life. They control you because you are no longer aware of these impulses.
Balancing those 'negative' (which doesn't mean evil- it means more like contrary) aspects of yourself start out with identifying them, dealing with them if possible, and working with them to transmute them, if possible. But always knowing they are part of you.
In other words, 'dark' means 'hidden', and 'light' means 'seen and handled'.
Yin and Yang are symbols that talk about opposites, but it doesn't mean that opposite qualities are good/bad- it means that you can stand from one perspective to look at the other, and probably see it better.

anotherone
22nd January 2008, 03:25 AM
In other words, 'dark' means 'hidden', and 'light' means 'seen and handled'.
Ohhhh.

Never mind. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Litella)

Alaskans
25th January 2008, 08:17 PM
Sorry about using the words yin/yang so much, it feels like people have a bit of taboo attached to it, but there is no better words for the two forms of existance.

I'm always trying to be very discreet with the stuff I beleive, theres quite a few reasons. But I actually needed someone to mention that yin isnt actually bad (thanks Phenuematic), in order for me to look at all the things I know and connect the dots. Because outside help helped me I think it is ok for me to say something about part of it (I hope).

Our normal instinct is to push away, isolate, or attack anything we think is bad, but that is actually opposite of what we are supose to do. Most normal responses are wrong from a higher understanding. Evil, bad, only doesnt know the truth, they are lonely, miserable, and mislead. We need to lead it to the light, it is especially true of ourselves.

Do you really keep it around on purpose?
It is impossible to get rid of "shadow", it is what lets us exist, (so we better get to know it). However, it [i]can become something very good and bright.

These are all just my ideas/perspectives, feel free to ignore any of it. What you seek can only be found within, not from someone else.

wolfy221
26th April 2009, 02:14 AM
i have a silver fang necklace that i've adopted as my symbol of power. it's easy for me to focus my energy through since i never take it off. i think it's because it's attuned to my energy, but since i'm still a newbie, i might be wrong.

YourPsychicDefender
20th September 2013, 12:07 PM
here is a set of basic psychic self defense techniques that I use:
yourpsychicdefense.com/psychic-defense/
A very effective way to protect yourself is to create your own personal psychic defense techniques based on the generally accepted ones. A good example is not just using a mirror technique but putting an aggressor into a cylinder with mirrors inside. In addition to this is is possible to add another cylinder of fire and make it dynamic. Make one cylinder move clockwise and another one counterclockwise. Generally speaking - use your creativity when conducting psychic defense techniques and this will help your create your personal psychic self defense that works the best only for you!

Keep safe on the Astral plane and above ;)

ButterflyWoman
6th July 2014, 06:28 AM
Copying and pasting this with the permission of the author. :)

I am a Merchant at various Renaissance Faires and State Fairs around the country. When I am finished my shows, I return back to our quiet, secluded Home in the country. I have been doing shows of this nature for over 20 years now and found out earlier in my life that I was a Empath as well. Being around thousands of people is not a good thing for a unprotected Empath. So, I needed to create some kind of shield. It got so bad before that MJ (my better half) had to kick me out of our stand to go "get rid of" whatever "personality trait" I had picked up on. The worst was anger.

Here's my technique. MJ and I create Handmade Dragon Sculptures that we vend at these shows. I base the color of our Dragons on the 4 Elements, then I added a spirit Dragon as well. So, my Shield is built on the Elements.

I stand facing the North and join my hands over my head as far as I can reach. I then state my purpose, which is to create my Sphere of protection. Then I visualize the Sun to my East, a flame behind me (South), water to the left of me (West) and a tree or flower/grass etc. in front of me that, signifying the North. I then will see a point/orb of light underneath me and over top of me. Starting with the top orb I connect a line down to the East, then the South, then West and lastly the to the North. I then do the same with the orb under me, connecting it to all the Elemental points.

Lastly I spread this entire Tetrahedral Shield out five feet from my being while mentally saying "I Welcome all good natured, like minded Humans and Entities inside of this and may they feel the love, healing and cleansing that create it. Lastly, (from my days of practicing Magick), I state that I do this with only Peace and Harmony in the multiverse and harm to none, so mote it be, so it is done.

This may seem like a lengthy process, but it really isn't. It takes maybe 3-5 minutes of my day. Not a lot to ask for. :)

PleaseJustListen
29th December 2014, 06:09 AM
I wonder about something. it seems that many people in this thread have a type of ritual sort of thing that they do to make a shield, i feel that this is an old, sacred, yet working and useful method of shielding.

I do not mean to offend, what works for you works for you. Here is what I do.
lets see if i can put it into words.

first i close my eyes and relax, i push the worlds away from me and become the void.
next i imagine/picture/create a self replenishing shield around me (usually a reddish purple in color and all the energy is separate from me i sort of create a small, simple life form if you will and give it the job to pull spare energy from around me and to shield me. the process is simple really.. takes anywhere from 1 second to 30.

The way that i do this is to imagine/create a ball of energy(large amount) and place it in the center of my body/astral body and just have the intention that i want it to block out a certain type of energy, emotion or feel.

next i set the ball to radiate it self around me with energy peaking out from it and going back in. it would look the exact same as the earth's magnetic field.

next i have another layer that fills in the holes (like the holes at the north and south poles of the earth's magnetic field. like holes in a donut if you will. this layer is feeding off of the other layer and it simply covers the holes.

I know that this is not the best way to do it but it can be changed and more things such as open-ness to other beings can be added at the beginning or later on. it usually lasts as long as i need it to. it just fades away when it senses that it is no longer needed, perhaps to go help another soul, i do not know. but i hope that you all find this interesting.

ButterflyWoman
21st January 2015, 06:46 PM
I just came across this and thought it would do well to be shared. The original site is here: http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/p_aura.htm

Rosicrucian teachers instruct their pupils in regard to creating and maintaining the "Protective Aura", which is a shelter of soul, mind, and body against evil influences directed toward them consciously or unconsciously. This Protective Aura affords a simple but very powerful and efficient means of protection against all adverse psychic influences, "malicious mental magnetism," black magic, etc., and is also an effective armor against psychic vampirism, or the draining of magnetic strength.

Forming the Protective Aura is very simple. It consists merely of the formation of a mental image (accompanied by a demand of the will) of yourself being surrounded by an aura of pure, clear, white LIGHT—the symbol and indication of SPIRIT. A little practice will enable you actually to feel the presence and power of this Protective Aura. The White LIGHT is the radiation of SPIRIT, and SPIRIT is master of all things.

A teacher has said, "The highest and deepest occult teaching is that the white LIGHT must never be used for attack or personal gain, but that it may properly be employed by anyone, at any time, to protect himself or herself against adverse psychic influences, no matter by whom exerted. It is the armor of the SPIRIT, and may well be employed in such a way whenever the need arises.

(Note: I don't know a great deal about the Rosicrucians. They are a mystical order founded in the Medieval period, and they are nominally Christian, considering themselves to be Christian mystics. That's about the extent of my knowledge as of this posting. I did find the above thoughts to be useful though, having used a similar technique for years.)

ButterflyWoman
24th March 2015, 06:27 AM
A link to the book recommendation I've written on the topic of protection:

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?17972-A-Book-I-Recommend-Magickal-Protection-by-Damon-Brand&p=133774#post133774

mystyx
20th June 2015, 07:48 AM
This is best for angels

This is the only shield I've seen or used that can be impenetrable (besides Pope Francis's). You can do it if you are capable of meeting or have met the arch angel triangle (basically all of you), and can enter a decent trance. I expect you can do it better than me.

Smoke and burn off any implants or negs inside and out by igniting your aura. Disperse the remains in the earths molten mantle.
Place the Triangle of white arch angel light in your forehead or other often used will center.
Using your will center radiate white arch angel energy from the triangle through-out your body, remember to surrender.
Radiate the white arch angel energy to outer field, make it as thick as you can.
There are many angels within it, it is like heaven itself.
Go to your highest chakra, if neccicary clear it out and power it up.
Send the energy of your highest chakra to inner field, inside the white one. You have infinite energy in your highest chakra, it is only limited by the openness of your connection to it. Bring in as much as you are comfortable with.
Ask the energy from your highest chakra to protect you from anything that would do you harm (mine looks like gold sparkles). It is highly intelligent you can trust it to adapt to any situation.
If you have it, express your deep love or gratitude to both energy layers. Allow them to be there through time. (Set it to what you think is best, max time is best imo)

Deep focused meditative calm give the best results. Expressing love gives even better results.
Reinforce the shield every 2-3 days, and whenever you feel it is right, but do not do it casually as that can weaken your ability to do it over time.