PDA

View Full Version : Is NEW necessary?

Fusgas
12th May 2011, 03:20 AM
Hi all,

My primary goal is to have a self initiated OBE and I have two questions relating to energy development.

1) Is it necessary that I practice NEW in order to have an OBE?

2) NEW is quite frustrating and off-putting to me (it's frustrating because I don't get anywhere unless I spend soo much time on it - and I can't bare spending half an hour to experience a slight tickling sensation on my big toe, especially because it feels like something I have to do as opposed to something I want to do). There are other Chakra techniques that do not focus on our extremities, like color breathing, that I have read about while surfing the net. Has anyone had any personal experience with these non-NEW energy practices? Because if I must do energy work, I would prefer another technique. Unbiased opinions would be great.

I hope I'm not offending any NEW fanatics :wink:

Thanks

wstein
12th May 2011, 03:32 AM
NEW is not necessary. Children spontaneously project without any training of any kind.

However, some kind of energy practice helps greatly. It helps you stay out longer and vastly improves clarity of what you can see and perceive.

I do not know any energy practice that is ‘quick’. All of them take a few years or more to get decent at.

I suggest sticking with it as even minimal ability is helpful. Perhaps NEW does not fit your style, try something else.

Another way to have OBE experiences is phasing (Robert Monroe method). With the help of hemisync (gonna cost you some bucks) you can bypass some of the energy stuff.

Sinera
12th May 2011, 09:56 AM
.....I can't bare spending half an hour to experience a slight tickling sensation on my big toe, especially because it feels like something I have to do as opposed to something I want to do). There are other Chakra techniques that do not focus on our extremities....
I wonder have you at all looked at what NEW is actually about? That toe exercise was just meant as an example to demonstrate it. I don't think you need to go through every of your single toes for half an hour or so (that would indeed be a day job :wink: ).
I never do such a thing at all. You also can (and I do that) make up your own exercises based on / similar to or completely independent of Robert's. You can do quick-sessions that only last 5 min if you like. Then it is best when you just concentrate on / run energy through more or less every major part of your body one time per session (each day). Then you already have reached a lot. And moreover, it is not only extremeties, as you say. R.B. has also a lot on chakras and central energy centers. As said, just pick out of it what's best for you, do it for 15 minutes before or during meditation sessions and you will be fine, I guess. :)