PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question ON OBE vibrations & paralysis

sootedninjas
18th May 2011, 01:05 AM
So I have trying to OBE for the last month by using the WBTB method and other techniques.

Anyway, about 45 minutes after waking from 6 hours of sleep, i try to induce an OBE lying back down to bed getting relax as much as I could and meditating. About a few minutes of meditation I will start to feel a light tingling sensation on my fingers and hands then 20 minutes into it the tingling sensation becomes a little more pronounced and I start feeling the tingling sensation all over my body but a few parts I don't. I also start feeling some numbness on some part of my body but more pronounced on my hands. and forearms.

My question is if the pronounced tingling sensation is the vibration what everybody is talking about and the pronounced numbness is the body paralysis, at least in my arms and some part of my legs but not completely, is what everyone is talking about when getting further along in OBE induction.

Thanks for the help in advance.

To Infinity and Beyond
Buzz Lightyear :)

CFTraveler
18th May 2011, 01:40 AM
Hi there Buzz.
No, tingling is not vibrations, it's more like your hands going numb. Exit vibrations are very dramatic things that often feel like being on a massage chair or as if you were surrounded by a swarm of bees, and sometimes feel like being slightly electrocuted. But tingling is not the way vibrations feel.
BTW, I do not recommend that you try to 'feel' yourself going to sleep or any such thing, instead you should wait for other things to happen in terms of your conscious awareness- look for sounds, pictures or other type of indication that you've entered a trance, and ignore any sensation in your body, because putting your attention in your body centers you in your body. And though in the beginning of a projection sequence it's perfectly ok to center (starting out, with relaxation and other types of exercises), at some point you need to disengage your conscious awareness from your body and put it on your mental processes instead- somewhere between energy body loosening and exit attempts.
Cheers,
CF.

Here's more reading, if you want:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11621 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11621)

sootedninjas
18th May 2011, 01:49 AM
TY. I will keep that in mind next time.

So just kind ignore the sensation and DO NO propagate the tingling. Maybe concentrate looking thru the eyelids instead or visualizing outside of the 3rd eye ?

Regards.....

CFTraveler
18th May 2011, 02:35 AM
TY. I will keep that in mind next time.

So just kind ignore the sensation and DO NO propagate the tingling. You can propagate the tingling if you think you can, no harm in that, unless you think you're ready to try to exit. Then it may be problematic.

Maybe concentrate looking thru the eyelids instead or visualizing outside of the 3rd eye ?

Regards..... Either is ok, whatever floats your boat. However, I have never gotten astral sight while trying- it just happened, lol.

sootedninjas
18th May 2011, 02:38 AM
thanks for the info and def would ask more questions in the future if you don't mind.

I WANT TO SEE THE UNIVERSE :) To begin with ......