PDA

View Full Version : Why does LOA work best at the beginning?

markinsydney
29th May 2011, 04:43 AM
Hi everyone
I want to tell my story in regards to the Law of Attraction [LOA]

I have been thinking about this subject for the best part of 30 years with limited success,then a friend told me I should buy a copy of "Excuse me your life is waiting" by Lyn Grabhorn" about 4 years ago,and i've been hooked ever since!
Being a skeptical kind of guy I always look for anything to be scientifically provable and have never wanted to subscribe to belief systems of any kind as I see it as a human flaw to slide into a belief system about many areas in life.
Anyway,how could I turn what was so far a belief into a knowledge?
I think that it's important to make a strong distinction here between belief and knowing. As they are two totally different things.

So to cut a long story short I was having a conversation one night with one of the Sydney LOA group members and we agreed to go and find a balloon of all things,but it had to be a blue one and it had to be souvenirable.
So I decided to imagine [with emotion] finding one.

It took a few weeks to find the first one and then over the next couple of monthsI found a total of 4
The amazing part was that I didn't find any other colours and I was keeping a keen eye out for them,the funnyest one was when I was coming out of the Abraham-Hicks seminar and there it was right outside the door bouncing around all on it's own,another one was in the middle of a busy road and just as I got out of my car it bounced across to my side and landed right at my feet!

Alot of people just don't get the point of what I say about the balloons,they think everything has to be serious and have a value,such as attracting money or an ideal mate,but the point is I think that we all have our training wheels on with this [LOA] and we shouldn't let our egos get ahead of us, we still have sooo much to learn about LOA.

Anyway I thought well that was fairly easy why not try money [as in cash notes]
So again I spent a few weeks imagining finding money [just imagining grabing it with emotion,rather than focusing on where and when]
After a few weeks I found a $20 note in some grass in my street where I live,this was a big deal as I had not found money for about 20 years on the street,or anywhere else for that matter.
The main point about all these finds is that I am never actually looking for it when I find it,whatever i'm focused on,the work is done internally rather than externally.
A few more weeks went past and I found another $20 note, this time it was 2 metres down in the ocean as I was swimming at my favourite beach here in Sydney. [Just as well Australian money in plastic]

So I thought this is fun,why not make it even harder [of course "Harder" is only a term we apply to how much we agree that the physical universe is the only reality]

This time I decided to find a playing card,but it had to be a Four of Hearts!
So again several weeks went past [again I spent a good deal of time visualising finding it.]
Then one day I was walking down a street and there it was, face up in some dirt with some grass seedlings starting to poke their way through this four of hearts!
This for me was the final validation,I stood there stunned for a minute or two,thinking that there must be some kind of trick at work.

I encourage everyone I meet with an interest in LOA to do the same and so far there have been 5 different people that have found a playing card that I nominated for them by giving them one out of a pack that I have.

So it's not just me,
So there's your challenge,pick a card out of a pack that you have right now and then focus on it with emotion,the same emotion of delight that you will have when you really find it.

Of course the favourite argument of the skeptic is "Oh well you were just noticing those kind of things more so that's the only reason it happened"
I think this argument is totally negated now as I didn't find any other cards,just the one I focused on.Also I went 20 years without finding cash notes then found 2 in quick succession,plus I found no other balloons,just blue ones.

On a negative note,since doing all this about a year and a half ago I have tried to find another card and more cash notes but without success.
This has baffled me except to say that when I first tried it,it was fresh new exciting energy, a bit like going to a foreign country for the first time or your first day at school and it's hard to pretend that all over again,like if I asked you to re-do high school how would you feel? it would be very different wouldn't it to when it really happened,anyway I persevere.

I now focus on having $20 million dollars,that's my goal.

Let me know when you find that card.

Mark

Beekeeper
29th May 2011, 08:28 AM
I agree, Mark, that your experience seems to go beyond mere coincidence due to the specific nature of the finds.

When I was young, I felt like I only had to think of something and it was manifest. Mind you, I thought of those normal things like getting a job (I was the first in my class) and the working conditions at my first school, St Gregory's in Campbelltown, were the best of any teaching job I've had subsequently.

I don't know why it seems to get harder to manifest as you go. Perhaps you get less appreciative or it's meant to get harder to develop your perseverance or karma comes into play or other universal laws. I do know I'm extremely blessed in my kids; they're really great kids. I'm still lucky in other ways too, having won $20 on that $5 lottery that's current. BTW, that $14million is ours, so hands off! :lol:

CFTraveler
29th May 2011, 05:56 PM
I think I have an idea of why this is, but am really not sure.

markinsydney
31st May 2011, 05:18 AM
Yes it would be good to find the answer.

It is good that we know as much as we do though,we are miles ahead of where we were and there will always be new horizons.

Zethor
29th November 2011, 08:45 PM
I also agree there is really something there in regards to manifesting certain things / scenarios by pure thought.

Years ago I read a book called the power of the subconscious mind which tells of a doctor who traveled around studying various people that have had unexplained cures, and even certain objects manifesting after such a time with pure thought of the object like needing a car then suddenly a scenario comes up in the future where a car is given as a gift, or won ect. He seemed to think that the best method was telling yourself certain phrases 8 times at least a day before bed so it would sink into the subconscious mind and this subconscious mind would manifest it somehow.

I have tried such things in the past and I believe even though hard it can really happen.
I tried 8 times in a row once with my line of work working away to have somehow be delayed, and sure enough 8 times in a row at either the airport being no seats left on a flight to getting a call from my boss about the job being delayed. These days my wife tells me when its a quiet time for the month for work and nearing the weekend, " now don't wish to go next week because its the weekend "

I found that if you repeated what you wanted in your mind and sometimes also by voice and believe it and be positive then most times than not it would work. I mean a job being delayed it can happen so there fore you can easily believe such a thing right? where as money just popping up my take more time to believe however I think if you start small with practice it may work with larger thoughts though never tried besides work related ect.

Though I do think you need to look at the signs though..otherwise they may pass you by and you might not even know it such as more money could be through a position opening up at work with higher pay..or a add in the paper ect.

Another note I find interesting is how we can all manifest various objects in the astral with practice be it a door, a protective shield, transportation to some where or some person, astral site ect....sure makes you wonder what it all means reality..cause & effect, which could also be cause =thought,
effect = manifestation on all levels be it psychical , astral, emotional, ect.

Regards,

Zethor

CFTraveler
29th November 2011, 10:04 PM
Years ago I read a book called the power of the subconscious mind It's one of my favorite (and oldest) books on the subject- I even took a class on it at my church. I wonder if we know each other.

Zethor
30th November 2011, 06:14 PM
Hi CFTraveler,

Pretty good read I also thought, I was giving that book as a present years ago only pity was I lost it when I was working away. Not sure if I have met you or not unless your in West Australia..

Regards,

Zethor

CFTraveler
30th November 2011, 06:40 PM
I'm not, I'm in the US.
But it's nice to see these trends spring up in different parts of the globe, possibly simultaneously. Brings to mind the concept of morphic resonance.
:D

Gem
15th December 2011, 04:30 PM
Hi guys,

A friend and I were discussing this same topic a few weeks ago. We both expressed that when things are new to most of us we approach them with great zest, but then as time goes this desire dies down a lot....it's like you want this thing, whatever it is, but the amount of emotionalism isn't there.....maybe if we approached it with a lot of emotions then we'd get similar results as when first started?

imogen
18th December 2011, 11:01 PM
Or maybe our expectations get too unreasonable, or selfish or greedy or superfluous.

In manifesting with Great Mystery I was instructed that our deepest desire must be aligned with Source, and so "manifesting abundance" becomes this process of alignment with our Higher Self and as we get closer to actualizing our higher self, our values and needs change, so we start speaking and creating differently, and see greater results. It is essentially WHERE we are speaking from in those subtle vs physical bodies then, right? Conscious creation is a process of the higher self working closely with our earthly self, as the awareness and relationship deepens.

It is easy at the beginning because Source/Self wants to give us affirmations and encouragement like with a small child learning to walk, but the process is about developing character and higher skills, so it is not going to stay easy. You know, the butterfly needs the resistance against the wings, emerging from the chrysallis, and all that.

I seem to be manifesting a LOT of magpies (like those balloons) lately. Now, if I could figure out how to manifest gold nuggets or something really useful ... *lol*

CFTraveler
19th December 2011, 06:29 PM
Or maybe our expectations get too unreasonable, or selfish or greedy or superfluous.

In manifesting with Great Mystery I was instructed that our deepest desire must be aligned with Source, and so "manifesting abundance" becomes this process of alignment with our Higher Self and as we get closer to actualizing our higher self, our values and needs change, so we start speaking and creating differently, and see greater results. It is essentially WHERE we are speaking from in those subtle vs physical bodies then, right? Conscious creation is a process of the higher self working closely with our earthly self, as the awareness and relationship deepens.

It is easy at the beginning because Source/Self wants to give us affirmations and encouragement like with a small child learning to walk, but the process is about developing character and higher skills, so it is not going to stay easy. You know, the butterfly needs the resistance against the wings, emerging from the chrysallis, and all that.

I agree with this.

Tom Booth
1st January 2012, 01:01 AM
Hi,

For the most part my manifestation experiences or 'experiments' have become progressively easier rather than more difficult.

Each success gave me more confidence.

I was always careful though, Or perhaps a better word for it would be methodical, in my approach.

First of all once having decided on something to manifest I would observe carefully my own thoughts at the very beginning to see if I was harboring any doubts, negative feelings towards it, inhibitions, emotional resistance etc. and only proceeded after making certain that I had no second thoughts or resistance towards whatever it might be that I was attempting to manifest.

I think that this is a very important point. It is necessary to have a clear intention without any counter intention to interfere with it or cancel it out. Doubts, fears and so forth that might serve to negate the manifestation have to be confronted fully and honestly and be completely resolved.

I suppose some unresolved doubts or anxieties about the whole business of manifesting in general or in regard to particular goals etc. might accumulate and compound one another over time.