PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping less since energy work?

Genesis
13th June 2011, 04:02 AM
As of today, it has been 2 months that I've been practicing NEW at a frequency of 3~4 times a week. I've noticed that I need less sleep than before to feel energetic. I used to be able to sleep for 12 hours a day when I was really tired. Now I rarely ever sleep above 8 hours, no matter how tired I was when I went to bed. 8 hours usually wasn't enough for me to feel completely satisfied. Do you think energy work is the reason I need less sleeping time lately or is it just my imagination?

Also, another question, my NEW routine has consisted of arm and leg development only so far. I always get good sensations in the legs and arms, but usually less in feet and hands. Is this normal?

Korpo
13th June 2011, 07:26 AM
Hello, Genesis.

Energetic changes have often resulted in changes of sleep pattern for me. Recently I started to do Qigong and spine stretches before going to bed. That resulted for me in two week where I slept at least 1 hour less than before.

Cheers,
Oliver

Beekeeper
13th June 2011, 11:11 AM
Genesis, I think it's probably a good thing you're sleeping less than 12 hours now. This could be a natural development if you're moving out of adolescence, where more sleep is usually needed during rapid growth. Excessive sleep can be a sign of illness and/or depression too, of course, so this should be taken into into account in accessing if the energy work has made the difference. That said, if the decreased need for sleep coincides with beginning NEW, there may indeed be a causal link.

Also, another question, my NEW routine has consisted of arm and leg development only so far. I always get good sensations in the legs and arms, but usually less in feet and hands. Is this normal?

You are probably feeling less movement in your feet and hands because the flow is exceptionally good there. Yes, many people report that they feel more and less flow in various parts of their bodies.

Mishell
13th June 2011, 11:58 AM
That happened to me too when I started doing energy work. I had been needing about 9 hours of sleep a night and then all of a sudden I only needed 3 or 4 hours. It gradually evened itself out to where I need about 6 hours of sleep a night now. When I don't do the energy work I need more sleep. I don't get the chance to do MORE energy work to see if I'd need less sleep but I'm sure that is what would happen. I'm very sensitive to energy.

Genesis
14th June 2011, 01:26 AM
Genesis, I think it's probably a good thing you're sleeping less than 12 hours now. This could be a natural development if you're moving out of adolescence, where more sleep is usually needed during rapid growth. Excessive sleep can be a sign of illness and/or depression too, of course, so this should be taken into into account in accessing if the energy work has made the difference. That said, if the decreased need for sleep coincides with beginning NEW, there may indeed be a causal link.

You are probably feeling less movement in your feet and hands because the flow is exceptionally good there. Yes, many people report that they feel more and less flow in various parts of their bodies.
It indeed is a good thing that I need less sleep now, I was just wondering if it could be linked to energy work. I suppose it's a possibility, judging by the replies in this thread.

Also, I thought if I felt less movement in certain body parts it was because those parts were less developed. I guess I was wrong, good to know. I don't feel very much in those areas, I mostly feel it in my legs and a bit in the arms.

CFTraveler
14th June 2011, 06:06 PM
Hi Genesis.
I think it's typical to have more sensory feedback in the legs and arms than in the torso and head- it is not universal, some people don't, but I personally have more feedback in the feet and hands than everywhere else.
Cheers,
CF.

Genesis
14th June 2011, 11:35 PM
I personally nerved worked on the torso or head yet. I've read that it's better to work on your minor chakras (legs, hands) for a few months before starting any others, so I can't tell for those areas.