PDA

View Full Version : Post Editing

ButterflyWoman
13th June 2011, 11:54 PM
Okay. You can all edit existing posts now. The most logical reason I saw for this was that there are weird formatting things going on in some posts (the font sizes are different, for example), so there it is.

The limitation on editing old posts may come back at some point if we see a lot of abuse of this ability, and there might be a way to take away editing abilities from specific users (I think I know a way, but I'd have to test it, and I just haven't got the time right now).

So there it is. You can stop complaining now. :nono:

(Really, people. Don't make me get out the Whip emoticon... :twisted:)

newfreedom
14th June 2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks CW, admin and all other mods,

I do really appreciate getting this 'OPTION' back...

As someone who sometimes posts too openly, too much, or sometimes rather weirdly, especially during my 'spritual processing' times, i was rather worried that we now only had 12 hrs. to edit anything we had previously written.

When altering / editing my posts, i do try to be careful not to mess with the 'flow' of conversation and am careful not to take any posts away completely if they involve others engagement.

Also i very often like to re-write certain parts or add extra parts to my lucid dream journal as things change or as i 'see' things differently, when looking over old posts of mine and was rather disappointed to find i might lose this as an option / choice permanently.

Hope in future times, we all manage to edit our own posts in non-offending /problem-causing ways

x:-)x

ButterflyWoman
20th June 2011, 04:22 PM
Just a quick addition to this thread to note that the forum rules have been updated in regard to editing posts. You can read it here: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php?faq=boardrules#faq_edit2rules

This is not a gigantic problem, and most people don't indulge their desire to rewrite the past, but if it happens frequently or in ways that mess up a thread, well... :whip:

(Ha. I did get to use the "whip" icon! :twisted:)