PDA

View Full Version : Forum Newbie with much to learn

Missingno.
15th June 2011, 08:24 AM
I have been searching for a long time for an active forum in regards to this subject matter. You'd think more people out there would have interest in such things...

I have been reading and researching for about seven years now, and so far have been unable to will an OBE-- mostly due to anxiety over making that first "leap." I'd like to believe that I understand a great deal about the happenings involved during, before and after, but without actual experience I cannot be certain. I feel like regardless of what happens, my perception of reality will be changed forever, and I will never be able live "normally" again after the fact.

I feel that it is necessary to have some sort of moral support, but for the people in my life, I am met with ignorance and scorn. That is why I am here. Reading your success stories has revived my enthusiasm and given me hope.

What I am really hoping for is to eventually break new ground-- to find things that no one else has done before... and to grow mentally and spiritually in ways I could not before. I have so many ideas that have accumulated over the years that I am so anxious to try.

Before recently I had given up hope of ever achieving an OBE due to my irregular sleep patterns (among other things), then I read about Hemi-sync, and all the success surrounding it. Once I find my headphones (I just moved, and cannot for the life of me find them...) I will no longer be the cautious observer I have always been.

I look forward to sharing with you my first experiences. If you are willing to listen, that would mean so much to me.

ButterflyWoman
15th June 2011, 08:28 AM
G'day, and welcome! You'll find plenty of folks around here who regularly experience OBE and can offer insights and sometimes advice. Check out the OBE forums and have a look at the subject matter there, and feel free to ask questions. :)

Missingno.
15th June 2011, 08:29 AM
That was fast. Certainly a good sign :D

newfreedom
15th June 2011, 09:05 AM
That was fast. Certainly a good sign :D

Hahaha.... :D

Welcome Missingno,

break new ground

and to grow mentally and spiritually in ways I could not before.

Yea, sure like the sound of that, 'brilliant stuff !' :mrgreen:

I look forward to sharing with you my first experiences

Lookin forward to reading them...

Have fun and gudluck :thumbsup:

greytraveller
15th June 2011, 03:03 PM
Welcome Missingno and welcome

I empathize with your situation. It can be frustrating to put time and effort and still be unable to induce an OBE. My best advice is to be patient and keep at it. It took me over six months before having my first OBE. It has taken others even longer.
Yet sometime OBEs happen when one least expects it. So continued effort Should pay off.
Good luck
Grey

Missingno.
15th June 2011, 05:22 PM
Ah, thank you all so much for your welcome. Just reading this forum and it's links is somehow causing my dreams to have more lucidity, or is somehow allowing for me to remember them more clearly, without any effort on my part. Tonight I think will be my first attempt with Hemi-sync.

CFTraveler
15th June 2011, 05:45 PM
Hi and welcome, Missigno.
Looking forward to your contributions.

Ariel
16th June 2011, 02:58 PM
Hi Missingno,

I'm new to this site myself and have already found it filled with a wealth of knowledge and support, glad to have you here.

Missingno.
17th June 2011, 03:19 AM
My first attempt with Hemi-sync was unsuccessful. As every time I've tried without it, I feel as though I am lacking something. It almost feels like trying to lift some incredible weight. I guess I just need more practice.

Beekeeper
17th June 2011, 09:40 AM
Welcome, Missingno.

It's true that reading about OBE will lead to dreaming about it and this will often trigger lucidity.

Remember too that you can make irregular sleep patterns work for you if you educate yourself about sleep cycles and you consciously work with what is. I suggest you look into "REM rebound." Acknowledge too that most people have periods of greater and lesser dream recall.

As for the OBE, don't force it; it will eventually happen and, if not that, then other things like attaining wonderful insights from your dreams and even realising when they're precognitive.:)

Missingno.
17th June 2011, 06:48 PM
Thank you :D

I will try not to force it, but I will keep trying whenever I get the opportunity. I made a second attempt last night using a longer hemi-sync track, and my body became completely numb, particularly my arms. It was very frightening, but I knew not to panic and to remain calm. I felt I was getting close, closer than I had ever been, then the track stopped, and I decided to try again another time.

I think I will keep record of my progress on my user info blog page here on this forum, rather than spamming up the New Member Introduction page :wink:

Thank you all so much for your feedback. It has been extremely helpful and encouraging, and to me there is nothing more important at the moment. :thumbsup: