PDA

View Full Version : How often do you project?

AlaskaBoy
21st June 2011, 06:33 AM
I recently listened to a William Buhlman interview, and he estimates that he projects every 10 to 15 days. I am not sure about Robert Bruce or Robert Monroe, but would be curious to know their projection frequency. My goal for the long term is to project at will.

I could not really find a forum topic that asked how frequently forum members here leave their body. It can be conscious or sleep based projection but if you OBE on a somewhat regular basis, please answer the poll. Thanks!

CFTraveler
21st June 2011, 04:14 PM
Once or twice a month, but on average- I might have a week with two or three projections and then nothing for two weeks.
I also find that my dreams are sometimes related to OBEs I've had, making the distinction murkier.

AlaskaBoy
21st June 2011, 04:44 PM
I was under the assumption that people with much experience could project a few times a week if they pleased. It is interesting to find that this might not be the case. I am wondering if an OBE is something that is naturally moderated. Maybe projecting every day is not healthy?

CFTraveler
21st June 2011, 04:50 PM
I think it depends, on your age and whether you do energy work. And what your sleep habits are also. Plus, only four people have responded so far.

Jake
21st June 2011, 04:53 PM
That sounds about right. Every 10 to 15 days. Sometimes more. I do energy work and meditation every day. Two or three times a day if I can. It makes for a more natural exit and a more robust experience. It is still rare for me to induce an OBE at will, but I can do it once or twice every couple of months. I have found that a more natural exit will occur just a couple of days before a full moon. (not sure why) I am 37 year old male and have had thousands of fully conscious exit projections. Most all of them have been natural exits, (didn't have to try).

CFTraveler
21st June 2011, 05:00 PM
I have found that a more natural exit will occur just a couple of days before a full moon. Ditto here.
I've been projecting since I was around 8 or 9 years old, and didn't learn to project until I turned forty. (53 now, almost 54. Old lady).

AlaskaBoy
21st June 2011, 05:12 PM
I think it depends, on your age and whether you do energy work. And what your sleep habits are also. Plus, only four people have responded so far.

Interesting you bring up age, how do you think this affects projection ability and frequency?

It is still rare for me to induce an OBE at will, but I can do it once or twice every couple of months.

Why do you believe it is rare for you? For somebody who meditates frequently I would think that you could have the ability for more conscious exits. Have you tried the Robert Bruce techniques or do you stick with other types of meditation?

defectron
21st June 2011, 05:57 PM
I usually do it at least once a week, often times more then once a week. I would probably be doing it every other day if my work schedual was different.

AlaskaBoy
21st June 2011, 06:06 PM
I usually do it at least once a week, often times more then once a week. I would probably be doing it every other day if my work schedual was different.

Very cool. Do you project from sleep or conscious trance induction?

defectron
21st June 2011, 06:32 PM
I always do it from sleep, I haven't been able to do it through meditation yet. Though oddly it almost always happens in the later hours of the morning, this is why it doesn't happen every other day as I have to get up earlier some days.

Jake
21st June 2011, 07:30 PM
Interesting you bring up age, how do you think this affects projection ability and frequency?

Why do you believe it is rare for you? For somebody who meditates frequently I would think that you could have the ability for more conscious exits. Have you tried the Robert Bruce techniques or do you stick with other types of meditation?

I consider being able to induce a fully conscious exit projection once or twice in a couple of months to be a grand success. At least for me.

As someone who meditates regularly, and does regular energy work, I would have thought that I would have the ability for more conscious projections too. :) It seems that the ability to recognize the conditions necessary for projection is also part of the overall ability to project. It also seems that some of the conditions that are needed for successful projection must occur naturally. We can participate to a point, but there DOES need to be natural existing conditions/energies etc, for success.

Everything changed for me as soon as I read Energy Work. Robert work has helped me exponentailly. He is the real deal. I guess that I come from a school of thought where I recognize the natural conditions without having to 'force' them. I believe that it is a 'relationship' with the natural occurring energies, as opposed to controlling the energies.

CFTraveler
21st June 2011, 07:56 PM
Interesting you bring up age, how do you think this affects projection ability and frequency? Firstly, I think any and all variables will have some effect on frequency (if not ability), and in my case, I used to project much more frequently (if spontaneously) when I was younger, and less frequently as I got older, which is partly the reason I decided to try to learn induction.

Alienor
21st June 2011, 08:29 PM
I project when the need arises - that is: at will.
Even though there is a maximum of about a dozen projections a day and this also depends on what kind of work is done. It consumes what I call "mental energy", which I need to replenish and that just needs some time. And the amount of energy does vary - I think that has to do with limiting believes or complexes, but most people appear to notice such "energy fluctuations" or cycles.

defectron
21st June 2011, 09:06 PM
That's pretty cool, being able to project whenever you feel like it is quite a useful ability, especially if you have access to all the planes. How many do you have access to?

greytraveller
21st June 2011, 10:30 PM
Greetings
To reply to this thread's question, "How often do you project?". After reviewing my records of OBEs over the past two or three years it averages out to about 9 or 10 a year. (more this year and fewer back in 2009). The average is slightly less than 1 per month. I am like many others here in that I will experience several OBEs within a few weeks or days and then go a few months with none at all.

Regards
Grey

jamboh
22nd June 2011, 12:35 AM
very interesting thread, thanks for starting it! It's a question I've often wondered about as I'm reading these forums. I think the ulitmate goal of a lot of beginners (like myself) have in mind is 'at-will' projection, and it seems an obtainable possibility... but (sadly) the impression I get is that very few aspirants will actually get there. i guess there are a lot of factors at work, most notable to me is natural projection ability - as many of the seasoned projectors on the forum seem to fall into this category. It's somewhat depressing that regular projectors, who are not blessed with spontaneous exits, but have built there ability 'from scratch' seem to be few and far between.. or perhaps I've got the wrong impression?? there are plenty of beginners who seem to be having lots of fascinating experiences (me included) so I'm not discouraged to keep paracticing but I do wonder why there are not more people who have 'mastered' it to the point where at-will projection is commonplace? I know robert's work is based on the fact that anyone can do this etc, and I have every reason to believe that he's correct..

Ariel
22nd June 2011, 01:05 AM
I only know how to project through sleep paralysis episodes. If I could learn to control myself better I could have a lot more, but I would say I only have an astral projection once every couple of months.

AlaskaBoy
22nd June 2011, 01:25 AM
I consider being able to induce a fully conscious exit projection once or twice in a couple of months to be a grand success.

It seems that the ability to recognize the conditions necessary for projection is also part of the overall ability to project. We can participate to a point, but there DOES need to be natural existing conditions/energies etc, for success.

Great points!

I think the ultimate goal of a lot of beginners (like myself) have in mind is 'at-will' projection, and it seems an obtainable possibility... but (sadly) the impression I get is that very few aspirants will actually get there. i guess there are a lot of factors at work, most notable to me is natural projection ability.

I think the same as well. I understand the importance of consistent practice more than most, but I'm just hoping that projection at will is something that can be learned after much time and practice, not an ability that you must be born with. A person who is five feet tall may work their whole life to dunk a basketball, but probably won't succeed no matter how hard they try.

The books of Robert Bruce are my bibles and will keep believing I can reach my goal. But Robert has been projecting since he was 8 or 9 years old. I've only been able to remember my dreams until a few months ago when I began my OBE training, lol.

jamboh
22nd June 2011, 04:45 AM
The books of Robert Bruce are my bibles and will keep believing I can reach my goal. But Robert has been projecting since he was 8 or 9 years old.

In fact I think he says he remembers regularly projecting from the age of 3 or 4, and suspects that his projection ability was enhanced by an alien enity programming him with some form of advanced binural beats. When you hear of someone having that sort of start in life it does make you wonder how well someone with a more 'regular' childhood can compete in projection ability! As i said before however Robert does go to pains to stress that anyone is capable of having projections with the right training, and as he has personally trained hundreds of people over the years i believe him. In fact one of the signals to me that robert is the real deal is that he is constantly emphasizing that you have to put the work in, and build your skills step by step - as in any other new ability. He doesn't just say 'lay down, feel vibrations, visualize leaving your body, now go and explore the astral realms' like so many other teachers. I can tell that he has had to work for his mastery.

I guess it's like any other aspect of life, if you put the work in you can achieve great things. Not everyone who picks up a guitar will become jimi hendrix, but with dedication and effort most people could become excellent musicians. In fact the discipline and mastery can only come from hours of practice and honing... hendrix himself practiced fundementals like scales for hours and hours a day.

Alienor
22nd June 2011, 08:08 PM
That's pretty cool, being able to project whenever you feel like it is quite a useful ability, especially if you have access to all the planes. How many do you have access to?

When you say planes, you mean the concept that for example Kurt Leland did write about, I assume? I do not use for that the idea of planes, but it is more a range of frequencies comparable to sound or light. We have for different ranges of sound/light waves chosen certain names, but it is a continuum. This is how I also understand what some call "planes".

Therefore I can't give you a number of this kind of planes I would have access to. Also I did not experiment or go adventuring to find out how high ranges of "vibration" I can access. So far I always managed to reach where I needed to go.

Beekeeper
23rd June 2011, 10:12 AM
Are you calling lucid dreams projections or just OBEs? I haven't had an OBE for some time. If I try to have them, I have them but, otherwise, their spontaneous occurrence is fairly rare. Lucid dreams, however, are different. I currently have about one a month without deliberate induction but more or better quality lucid dreams if I work at it. When I'm relaxed and not overworked I have more lucid dreams but that's probably just because I actually have better dream recall then.

Ariel
24th June 2011, 01:33 AM
I have the same question, are lucid dreams considered projections? To me a lucid dream is simply a dream in which you realize you're dreaming, I never considered them full astral projections.

Alienor
24th June 2011, 07:42 AM
As many people, who think they have OBEs to the "public astral" actually do have lucid dreams within their private dream space, lucid dreams will be counted by some unknowingly. Also lucid dreams are OBEs as one experiences an environment while in ones energy body or then dream body - out of ones physical body.

As the experiences while OBE are very subjective, most authors seem to use their own terminology. That is why one almost always has to ask people about what they mean/understand when using certain words. Also some things one needs to experience/feel, they can only be tried to put into words using metaphors and such.

Beekeeper
24th June 2011, 09:35 AM
They do feel distinctly different, however, so, even though I personally think they're all projections, I can handle if others disagree. That said, I also think a lot of non-lucid dreams qualify as projection experiences, but that's a whole other discussion.

CFTraveler
24th June 2011, 04:59 PM
Well, to add to the subjectivity of the theme, I'll tell you how I classify them for myself-
All nonphysical experiences are projections, because your mind is focused on some other stimulus. In this way dreams, whether lucid or nonlucid, are projections. In a certain way they can be said to be APs because it seems like dreams (whether lucid or nonlucid) seem to have a lot of the components typical of an Astral Projection, with a few variables.
Now, all being projections, not all are APs or OBEs- not because they are different, but because they're perceived differently. (Now, I'm not saying they're not different, I'm saying they may not be- some seem very different and some don't, so I just don't distinguish for my own clarity.
To me, and OBE is any projection in which I experience leaving the body, and usually ends in the RTZ/etheric; although I usually don't stay there long, I'm usually 'somewhere else' before long.
And just to add detail, I think phasing is the experience of exiting to the astral (and to me phasing does have an exit, just not an exit to the RTZ) and some sort of OBE that is usually experienced differently than an RTZ OBE.
Now, all dreams being projections don't mean they are all focused on the same place/space/focus, they can be very different from each other, and usually psychologically driven. Even precog dreams have symbology attached to them, which means that they're processed by the same mechanism that processes 'daily routine' nonlocid dreams.
Anyway, that's how I see them.

Ps. I also wanted to add that when I answer the question, by 'Projection' I mean and OBE or AP phase, because used as a verb "I project" there's an action taking place, and usually voluntary.

Alienor
25th June 2011, 07:08 AM
I agree, dreams are all a kind of projection, but when not lucid, then it is not a conscious projection. And as we all do dream every night according to the scientists, quite obviously the "normal" dreams are for the poll and also for most discussions not considered as OBE.
I do usually what I think people consider "phasing". I just close my eyes, shift my awareness and move out of my physical body. This I can also do with the eyes open, but then it is more difficult, as it basically causes two visions overlapping. So while phasing, also my physical senses are still working. I am very alert and have day consciousness.
Lucid dreaming and those techniques that go via a deeper trance state usually have the physical body asleep, so the senses are shifted more completely to the energybody/projection. I had few spontaneous lucid dreams, but am not working with them, as it takes some time to induce them and also the mind tends to be a bit "sleepy" from the deep relaxation.

Beekeeper
25th June 2011, 11:03 AM
Good distinctions. I acknowledge phasing/WILDs do involve a kind of conscious exit and yet, in my personal classification scheme I dub them lucid dreams. I also don't include partial projections or etheric projections of the astral limb/sight/sound types in considering my average number of projections. Nor do I call remote viewing/ clairvoyance/clairaudience/clairsentence etc projection, though some type of projection of consciousness may be involved when these things occur.

Ariel
26th June 2011, 01:28 AM
Great topic, I really like this thread. Perhaps any non physical place that our conscious mind goes to would be considered a projection of consciousness. Just throwing that out there.

Beekeeper
26th June 2011, 05:15 AM
Yes, Ariel, I think this is very likely. You seem to be quite adept at lucid dreaming, I bet you've experienced dual consciousness. I know I have.

Ariel
26th June 2011, 05:37 AM
I seem to be lacking in the terminology, is "Dual Consciousness", the same as, "Bi-Location" ?

Alienor
26th June 2011, 07:01 AM
I acknowledge phasing/WILDs do involve a kind of conscious exit and yet, in my personal classification scheme I dub them lucid dreams.
Yes, WILDs are lucid dreams, it is short for wake induced lucid dream after all. In my eyes the instruction of the MAP are basically instructions for WILDs - first relax deeply, let your body fall asleep while keeping awareness (usually considered as entering sleep paralysis), move out. Depending on the individual, they either stay in their private dream space or can move also to public astral.

The word phasing I have found used by Frank Kepple, but was actually introduced by Monroe it appears. As I use no techniques, but just shift my awareness, I thought what Frank does describe comes closest to that. Here you can read about what Frank writes on phasing: http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html
When this is done with an awake physical body and mind, I consider it not a lucid dream - at least for me, the mental state is like waking consciousness, just shifted to the energy body. During a lucid dream, the mind does feel somehow a bit sluggish in comparison - even when one might notice that only afterwards, when thinking over ones actions.

People do actually project a lot without being aware of it, that is at least how I do now interpret some of my experiences. In the beginning I thought when "astral travelers" came to visit me, the people would be aware of it. But often it is just a kind of empty representation of a person. Still, it is a projection. But it is not OBE, as the person does not experience being out of body.
Same I agree on your other examples of partial projections, they are not what I consider OBEs.

@Ariel: what you write, that is the basic idea of phasing, how I understand the word

Alienor
26th June 2011, 12:12 PM
-delete this-

Ariel
27th June 2011, 12:51 AM
Have you ever felt your astral body move away from your physical body for a split second while you were still entirely awake?

Alienor
27th June 2011, 07:34 AM
Ariel, yes, that is what I mostly do and what I consider as a type of phasing. Just that it is not only for a split second and I do it at will.

Jake
28th June 2011, 05:54 PM
In regards to this topic of how often do we project, whether consciously or unconsciously?, Have you ever felt your astral body move away from your physical body for a split second while you were still entirely awake, or even your astral arm lift and moved towards something next to you, but only for a quick moment? These are weird sensations, and you would definitely know them when they happened. What is this all about, is this a type of "phasing" that your referring to?

Ariel, Hello. I have had the random experience of moving an astral arm, or feeling my astral body 'detach'. It is quite strange. One of the effects of the Mind Split. It makes sense to me that we project OFTEN, without knowing it,,, wether or not we are sleeping. (Sleeping mind/dreaming mind/waking mind/projected mind etc...) I often perceive different aspects of self operating simultaneously. I believe that we are 'bi-located' MOST of the time, and 'multi-demensionally-tasking'.

As far as phasing goes,, I may be a bit off on this, but I believe 'phasing' is the simple act of slipping in and/or out of different astral states and even the physical. For example, I could wait for exit sensations and 'exit', or I can slip into trance and seamlessly transfer conscious focus to another aspect of ourselves that is awake and aware, somewhere in the astral, or RTZ. I think that 'clicking out' is a bit different. Phasing in and out of different ,, lets say,, points of view, can take some getting used to... IMO, it requires a basic understanding that we exist simultaneously in different layers of reality. I hope I am not too far off base. :)

defectron
28th June 2011, 09:24 PM
In regards to this topic of how often do we project, whether consciously or unconsciously?, Have you ever felt your astral body move away from your physical body for a split second while you were still entirely awake, or even your astral arm lift and moved towards something next to you, but only for a quick moment? These are weird sensations, and you would definitely know them when they happened. What is this all about, is this a type of "phasing" that your referring to?

This has happened a few times, one time when I was meditating I felt my astral arms go up, this is the closest I've ever gotten to projecting from a waking state. Another time when I was in bed I actually saw my astral legs come out of my body. Funny thing is they were wearing pants when I was naked at the time.

Ariel
30th June 2011, 02:12 AM
This has happened a few times, one time when I was meditating I felt my astral arms go up, this is the closest I've ever gotten to projecting from a waking state. Another time when I was in bed I actually saw my astral legs come out of my body. Funny thing is they were wearing pants when I was naked at the time.

That is really cool! I too am working on projection through meditation, but have not yet achieved it.