PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on these sensations?

summersolstice
21st June 2011, 02:18 PM
First I'd like to compliment everyone involved on the new forum and thanks for all your work!

It's my practice to meditate each day, M-F just after work in a darkened room in the basement with the help of headphones and a 35 minute long free flow Focus 10 or 12 session in the Gateway series. After taking the weekend off the sessions are usually better on Monday and a little less so as the week progresses. Yesterday, Monday, I had a little difficulty focusing during the free flow Focus 10 session before finally clicking out during the last half of the session but the next thing I knew I had the familiar fluttering/pulsing vibrations in my face (that have now spread to include my front upper body). Unlike other times I experienced a pattern in the darkness behind my eyes. The pattern was a pronounced interlocking screen texture with something else superimposed on it though I can't remember what it was. The recording ended seconds later and, along with it, the sensations as well. I recorded the experience in my journal so I could remember as much as I could.

I still haven't had a successful OBE but I feel I'm making progress. Any thoughts or similar experiences with these sensations?

CFTraveler
21st June 2011, 08:37 PM
Sounds like you were getting a vision screen. I'd venture to guess you can turn that state into a projection if you can get a little deeper without losing your conscious awareness.

Ariel
1st July 2011, 02:01 AM
Thats sounds really cool

Jake
1st July 2011, 01:50 PM
Hello, sommersolstice,

I agree with CFT about the 'vision screen'. I will often get a velvety black dark in front of my eyes, just before it turns into the most amazing 'HD' you can imagine. ;)

I would say that you are doing great. You have some awesome experiences still yet to come.

Try mixing up the days in which you use the hemi-sync during meditation. I have found that every 3 or 4 days will bring the best results. I use mainly the JOOB CDs. (Actually I only listen to the Cond D CD anymore ;))

I still meditate and do energy work,, EVERYDAY. :)

Keep up the good work. !!!

summersolstice
12th July 2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the tip Jake but I'm not familiar with the acronym. What are JOOB CDs? I also have good luck with Neuro-Programmer Theta and Delta recordings I export to my MP3 player.

CFTraveler
12th July 2011, 09:27 PM
Journeys Out of the Body CDs. (http://www.glidewing.com/astraldynamics/papi_cds.html) Hemi Sync CDs made for projecting by TMI.

summersolstice
15th July 2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks CFT - I have those as well but haven't had much luck with them.