PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intros

eyeoneblack
24th June 2011, 08:23 PM
Just curious, the only two threads under this topic are Your First Conscious Projection and Read me. The rest are locked.

So, where does a new member actually intro themselves?

CFTraveler
24th June 2011, 08:35 PM
Only stickied posts are locked, since they are informational.
I have the impression that your page is set to only see recent posts- do me a favor, and go back to the forum page ( the New Member Into page) and scroll down to the options to show posts, and see what it's set at. If it's set to something recent, make it at least a month, and you'll see all the threads come back, which are not locked.

eyeoneblack
24th June 2011, 08:43 PM
I see, but don't you think we ought to have a sticky "Please Introduce Yourself"?

My extended page only turned up member posts....

CFTraveler
24th June 2011, 08:57 PM
Here's a pic. Click on the Thumbnail to enlarge.

CFTraveler
24th June 2011, 09:03 PM
The Legend of the Subforum says "Please feel free to introduce yourself with a brief biography describing yourself and your esoteric interests.".

I see, but don't you think we ought to have a sticky "Please Introduce Yourself"?

You mean like this?
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?12274-Welcoming-NEW-members-!!!!-xX

ButterflyWoman
25th June 2011, 01:32 AM
I have the impression that your page is set to only see recent posts
I thought the forum default for all users was to show all. I'd better check that. I'll also check to make sure this forum is set to display all posts. *checks* Looks like this forum didn't have the default to "all posts", but I've reset it now, so the display should be fixed.

However, the display option never prevented anyone from actually posting here (well, obviously, or this thread wouldn't exist :tongue:). It was just that posts older than a certain length of time were not immediately visible. Fixed now, anyway.

As for the complaint that there isn't some sort of means of inviting people to post an intro, it seems to me that the name of the forum and the description should be enough, but we can put a post in the "Check in here first" forum directing people to this one, as well.

Do note that not all members care to introduce themselves. We have a number of quite longterm members who are purely readers. They log in, they read, they mark stuff as read, whatever else they want (having all the abilities of a registered member), but they never post.

And that's fine. It's not a requirement that people post at all (though we like it if they do ;)).