PDA

View Full Version : energy distractions

Noobstorm
25th June 2011, 01:26 AM
I have never meditated successfully and I have a hard time trying to because I feel energy sensations. I feel it in the third eye the most when my eyes are closed. Is there a way to stop feeling them?

ButterflyWoman
25th June 2011, 01:48 AM
I have never meditated successfully and I have a hard time trying to because I feel energy sensations. I feel it in the third eye the most when my eyes are closed. Is there a way to stop feeling them?
I don't know about not feeling them, but you can learn to incorporate those things into your meditation. That is, instead of paying attention to them and allowing your focus to go there, you can quietly tell yourself that every time you feel anything like that, it will put you into a deeper, more relaxed state, and that it's nothing to worry about.

This is a technique used in hypnosis, and meditation is related to self-hypnosis.

That'd be my approach. Perhaps someone else will have some other ideas.

CFTraveler
25th June 2011, 03:10 AM
This request surprises me, unless you're trying to do 'void' meditation (having 'nothingness' be the object) since energy work can be considered a form of meditation, in that it takes up your awareness' attention without going verbal.

Beekeeper
25th June 2011, 11:07 AM
You can try an open eye meditation. Watch a candle flame, for example. That said, I think you'll find the sensations will occur even with your eyes open.

psionickx
25th June 2011, 01:59 PM
I feel it in the third eye the most when my eyes are closed

for most aspirants these are the reward of a meditation -the prize of effort, and what more of a lovely place to have them in than the Ajna itself.Unless they are extremely disturbing or have impacts other than stated than they might be of a different ilk and may infact warrant medical expertise.