PDA

View Full Version : Neil Templer - New Moderator

Beekeeper
1st July 2011, 05:12 AM
Neil has graciously agreed to step into the role of moderator. I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome him to the team. Neil is well-versed in many things metaphysical and dedicated to his spiritual practices. He is also a gentleman with a warm way of relating to others, as many forum members will attest, and an adventurer and artist who has experienced a wide range of interesting things.

farewell2arms
1st July 2011, 05:20 AM
Way to go Neil! :) Glad to have you!

ButterflyWoman
1st July 2011, 06:15 AM
:party::clap::toast::grouphug::thumbsup:

Neil Templar
1st July 2011, 07:39 AM
Woohoo!!
Thanks everyone. :D
I promise to remain gentleman-ly in my moderation. (right CW, where's that whip? ;)... )

psionickx
1st July 2011, 07:53 AM
Neil , you sly dog you - quaff up people the bubbly's on him

http://deemingdreaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Champagne-Popping.jpg

Beekeeper
1st July 2011, 09:11 AM
Korpo was a moderator who opted out.

I think Star is a he and I agree, he's lovely.

psionickx
1st July 2011, 09:50 AM
... might as well be lol , but whoever comes with B's stamp obviously fits the bill http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/liebe/love-smiley-053.gif - lets not digress from his moment though.:D

Sinera
1st July 2011, 10:07 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000674965/polls_CongratsBalloons_4603_398983_answer_2_xlarge .jpeg

CFTraveler
1st July 2011, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the Moderatorship, Neil. We're very glad you took the bai-I mean offer.
:twisted::whatthe::D:P
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-050.gif

darron
2nd July 2011, 04:31 AM
grats. And I might add he also has great taste in music.

ButterflyWoman
2nd July 2011, 05:26 AM
I'm also going to comment that Neil is the fifth highest ranking post contributer (by post count) on this board, coming in behind one admin, two mods, and a former mod who is still active as a member. So Neil's no slouch when it comes to forum participation. ;)

He's also a pretty even-tempered bloke, all things considered, and he's on UK time (so he's around when mods in Australia and/or North America are not). Plus, he was one of our best "spam post" reporters on the old board, and as a large part of what mods do is delete spam posts, well.... 8)

Ariel
2nd July 2011, 04:04 PM
Great choice, congrats !

newfreedom
4th July 2011, 04:53 AM
Congratulations Neil !

Hope you enjoy your new role:thumbsup:

Neil Templar
5th July 2011, 11:47 PM
Hi folks.
Sorry, i've been rather busy these past few days, so haven't had an opportunity to say...
thanks all, for the congratulations, and HUGE thanks to the team of wonderful folks here at AD who decided to bestow this responsibility upon me ;) Much love :)

I guess there are probably some folks who aren't familiar with me, i feel like i haven't been posting so much this past 6months-1year, tho if what CW says is true, then apparently i post more often than i realise (i hope i'm not sleepwalking again, hehe).
I've been hanging around here for a few years now, and i feel indebted to this community. It's been the source of much growth and learning for me, so again, thanks Astral Dynamics! :)

When i first arrived, i was so hungry for understanding, for knowledge, to become what i believed to be spiritually "advanced".
"Wow, this Kundalini thing sounds cool! I'll have psychic powers and levitate down the street..." :D haha!!
It didn't take me too long however, (and an Eckhart Tolle book or two..) to realise how much of this hunger was simply my Ego in action.
And what is "advanced" anyway? More advanced than who? There's not a race on to get to some mystical peak and ascend into a glowing ball of all-knowing God particles! Each individual's journey is as individual as their fingerprints, so it's pointless comparing one's Self with anyone else's. And you can't race yourSelf, what a futile and frustrating endeavour that would be... excuse me, i'm beginning to ramble...

Over the years i've done a lot of searching. Many fine meta-physical experiencers/authors/teachers have come up with their own systems/techniques/concepts/whatever... many others have copied, or "borrowed" from these, or more ancient systems... there are folk channeling non-physical teachers, all giving their own perspective... and of course we have the various religious systems that are in place around the globe...
I think they've ALL got it right(in one way or another). In as much as that there is enough variety out there, all basically saying the same thing, leading to the same conclusions, in as many different ways, as there are different people searching for answers and clues... i believe that variety is necessary. In fact i believe variety invariably inspires creativity, whether in thought or action.
So i don't subscribe to any one system. I've investigated many, and continue to, with an open mind...
(a little discernement goes a long way) ;) Within each system, i've found things i resonate with, and others i don't.
If it doesn't resonate, i discard it. Who knows, it might fit at some later stage, but until then, i'll go with what feels right...
I have my own mix-and-match belief system, based on what resonates, and what intuition tells me. And the more i listen to my intuition, the better life becomes...

So i meander thru life, trying to listen to that "little voice" that speaks to me from the centre of my chest...
i treat those i encounter with respect, compassion, and i try to remain as non-judgemental as possible.
I enjoy observing my understanding of my inner world expanding, and i'm grateful for every experience that comes with it...
Life is good. Happy days! :)

poème
6th July 2011, 01:07 AM
Words of wisdom here ;)
...And your post moved me somehow : it really shows that you wrote all this right from the heart :)

Congrats on your new task!