PDA

View Full Version : An OBE question...

Guitarmaster72
6th July 2011, 09:08 PM
I hear you guys talking a lot about asking each other when you projected, and meeting people in the astral plane... is it really possible for you guys to meet each other in the astral plane and communicate with each other and then talk to that person in real life to confirm that it REALLY was them that they talked to in the astral plane? If so, how is this really possible?

CFTraveler
6th July 2011, 09:23 PM
I've done it, at least twice.
How? I projected, met someone, we talked, I got an impression of who I thought it was (due to what she was doing) and then when I pm'd this person, she described the experience, with details that I left out on purpose.
How is it possible? If both people are conscious it's easier to remember, but projection in general presupposes that we can project our conscious awareness (by expanding the energy body?) to some state that is collectively attainable and information can be exchanged. After all, perception is nothing more than information gathering, regardless of the method.

Here is a possible 'how': http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?10498-Astral-projection

Enjoy.

Guitarmaster72
6th July 2011, 10:58 PM
can you make it happen on purpose? or is it merely a random thing? can you and the other person have some sort of a meeting place where you can connect with them, or is it all spontaneous? and if you're actually trying to make this work, how difficult is it?

CFTraveler
7th July 2011, 12:03 AM
can you make it happen on purpose? I imagine you can, but in my experience it has happened randomly. I have tried on purpose and succeeded, but it was very difficult.

can you and the other person have some sort of a meeting place where you can connect with them, or is it all spontaneous? and if you're actually trying to make this work, how difficult is it? In my experience the places vary, and it is very difficult, because both people have to be able to project consciously or at the least have good recall, and then, even though people say that time doesn't matter, the times I've done it have been simultaneous.

Guitarmaster72
7th July 2011, 12:29 AM
maybe i should have named this one "OBE questions" cuz i've got more lol

anyways, i've also read about whenever you have a OBE, there is a guide to like bring you out or take you somewhere and show you the astral plane or something? Is this guide or whatever other people in the astral plane, or is it a sub-conscious creation? if it is other people in the astral plane, have you ever been one of these guides?

CFTraveler
7th July 2011, 02:44 AM
maybe i should have named this one "OBE questions" cuz i've got more lol

anyways, i've also read about whenever you have a OBE, there is a guide to like bring you out or take you somewhere and show you the astral plane or something? Not always. Most people don't have outright guides to take them places, or don't see any, while others discover guides after they've had some experiences.
I have been projecting since I was very little and sometimes I had companions, but most of the time I didn't- in my adult life I didn't identify anyone as a guide until I needed one, and then, after discovering I had them, I now see them if I am paying attention. So in my opinion everybody has one (or more) but they don't see them until they're ready to. Whatever that means.

Is this guide or whatever other people in the astral plane, or is it a sub-conscious creation? Depends on who you ask, and what they believe. I think it's a little of both- beings that have more experience or abilities (maybe human, maybe not) or self-aspects, or both.

if it is other people in the astral plane, have you ever been one of these guides? Yes, when I was little I taught my siblings how to fly in the astral. I am now 53 years old, and I was talking to my 50 year-old brother, when he told me about these recurring dreams he had about me teaching him to fly. So go figure what that means.

Beekeeper
7th July 2011, 09:09 AM
but they don't see them until they're ready to. Whatever that means.

K. Leland thinks this is about 4th chakra development of whatever body you're in. Being able to communicate with them is 5th chakra.

Summerlander
9th July 2011, 06:21 PM
I've had some apparent validations too when I have visited people before and I suspect the Phase can give rise to telepathic contact. Still, I don't dismiss the coincidence possibility or the fact that the subconscious mind can do more than just impress us. I am well aware of the fact that we know more than we think we know.

Guitarmaster72
10th July 2011, 02:59 AM
I hear you guys talk a lot about energy work, so i went over to that section to learn what that was all about. I read that energy work, and your etheric body is all about (or related to?) your awareness. How does energy work play into achieving an OBE? If it's all about your awareness, where or what are you supposed to place you awareness (or energy for that matter) on?

CFTraveler
10th July 2011, 03:30 AM
I hear you guys talk a lot about energy work, so i went over to that section to learn what that was all about. I read that energy work, and your etheric body is all about (or related to?) your awareness. How does energy work play into achieving an OBE? It is a tool that can help in various ways, and I'll break it down:
Firstly, it helps focus the mind as an exercise, so that when you are practicing how to go into trance (or into Mind Awake Body Asleep) it can be a tool to occupy your mind without thinking verbally.
Secondly, when you do energy work you learn to become aware of your energy body, and when you finally have an RTZ OBE, it can make navigation easier- giving you more awareness and control of your energy body to direct yourself where you want to go and also do things like go through walls, etc.
Another thing that it helps with is the exhaustion you sometimes feel when you lose sleep trying to project- old-fashioned exteriorization attempts can tire you out, but when you do energy work this helps with fatigue.
Also, some energy body loosening techs (to be done before an exit attempt when you are not quite 'there' yet are based on energy work movements, and they're easier to do when you have some experience with NEW.

Even though you don't need to do energy work to project (because projection is mainly about 'staying with it' when you are going to sleep, and using that state to direct yourself out of your body), it helps with control, and in my experience, staying power.

If it's all about your awareness, where or what are you supposed to place you awareness (or energy for that matter) on? When you are doing the work, you are placing your awareness on that part of your body where you are doing the work (the main site has tutorials for NEW, with more information), which is why we don't usually recommend to do it while doing a projection attempt, but earlier, except maybe energy raising, which I usually incorporate in my routine.

Beekeeper
10th July 2011, 03:33 AM
You're moving your awareness through your own body and you're becoming aware of the sensations this creates. Then other things start to occur that you constantly see people posting about in these boards, such as strobing or flashes or popping sensations or energy being stuck at certain points and releasing or feeling the sensations or energy work even when they're not actively applying it. What usually occurs then is that people begin reporting the movement of etheric limbs, seeing through eyelids during meditation, spontaneous lucid dreams or OBEs. Different people develop along slightly different paths but a lot of the time people report the same kinds of experiences, even if they've never heard of such experiences.

Ariel
10th July 2011, 04:56 AM
... is it really possible for you guys to meet each other in the astral plane and communicate with each other and then talk to that person in real life to confirm that it REALLY was them that they talked to in the astral plane? If so, how is this really possible?

Personally, I feel that we are relating with each other on many different levels all the time, we're just not conscious of it.

Guitarmaster72
10th July 2011, 06:53 AM
Pretty insightful stuff there Ariel! Interesting way of looking at it.

So is energy work basically what you do to prepare yourself for an OBE or something? Cuz i was told, you're not supposed to place focus on yourself or anything in your body (or your physical body for that matter), cuz if you do, you won't be able to exit. I heard you have to try and forget what your body feels like and try to only focus on what you can see and hear.

CFTraveler
10th July 2011, 04:54 PM
Pretty insightful stuff there Ariel! Interesting way of looking at it.

So is energy work basically what you do to prepare yourself for an OBE or something? Energy work is the means to develop the energy body, not just for projection- many mystics rely on it for many other purposes, mainly health and healing, and projectors find it useful too.

Cuz i was told, you're not supposed to place focus on yourself or anything in your body (or your physical body for that matter), cuz if you do, you won't be able to exit. This is only partially true- when you are approaching the moment in which you want to project, you shouldn't place your attention on your physical body. That's why I said that energy work (extensive e. work) should be done separately from an exit attempt, or at the very beginning, when you are still in the 'relaxing your body' stage of your attempt- before relaxing the mind and trance practice.

I heard you have to try and forget what your body feels like and try to only focus on what you can see and hear. At the onset of the exit, yes.