PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know...?

timdowland
14th April 2006, 07:37 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a Book about AWAKENING Kundalini that actually has made people successfull with it? I've been looking at reviews at amazon.com but I haven't found a single reviewer that reports actual success in raising it. I'm really interested in finding a book that will help me awaken kundalini, really awaken it.

Thanks,
-Tim
"Dream ETHER is a trigger to become conscious within the dream"
"Dream consciousness is a trigger to enter; love, the joy, then freedom; All unspeakable"

Christian
14th April 2006, 07:34 PM
You can start by reading this, a good source for kundalini information: http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening.htm

And also browse the AP forum.

Apex
16th April 2006, 05:20 AM
The sad fact of the matter is, there's a lot of disinformation out there regarding kundalini. Sifting through the crap is pretty much unavoidable. I personally am not aware of any gems as far as texts.

Word has it Robert Bruce was writing a book entitled Kundalini Dynamics, but who knows when that will be out. So, that doesn't help you much at the moment.

16th April 2006, 11:42 AM
a book on kundalini raising...that's kind of funny :lol:
with the idea of "when the student is ready the teacher will appear"/when the serpent is ready it will awaken, etc. this is not something one searches for in the regular sense. i won't bother you with the drawbacks of this practice.
i will say however, that there is much preparation to be done before one is in a humble enough position to handle such a snake.

17th April 2006, 01:02 AM
I would be interested in your description of what the drawbacks are. As was noted, there is so much confusing material on the subject. I'm not convinced that one can raise Kundalini by force. H.ll, I'm not convinced that the phenomenum is even real for everyone. :shock: Just another one of those "perception" things.

It seems to me that in the "New Age" everybody feels the need to label and make sure they are experiencing everything just right. To me, it's becoming a religion....you can't be this if you don't do that, you haven't "ascended" if you haven't done numbers 1 through 16. I like to think that my experiences are different and honor the differences in others. I've yet to come across anyone who has experienced anything in exactly the same way I have. I like to enjoy my experiences, maybe get a feeling for what they "might" be according to what others teach, and then make up my own mind about what they are. Radical, I know. Sometimes the word "New Age" creeps me out. It's become a race to see who can be the most enlightened.

Sure, look up Kundalini, check it out, learn something. But, don't fall into the trap of feeling like you have to be and do just what everyone says.

Apex
17th April 2006, 02:05 AM
So essentially, take everything that you do find and read with a grain of salt. All books contain the absolute truth for the person who wrote them, but you need to find the truth in there that works for you.

This is especially necessary when dealing with the conflicting ideas regarding kundalini, but should be used when dealing with all metaphysical stuff.

/endsermon

17th April 2006, 03:26 AM
i will say however, that there is much preparation to be done before one is in a humble enough position to handle such a snake.

I totally agree.

Here's something on the topic:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... 9672#19672 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?p=19672#19672)

17th April 2006, 05:40 AM
Scymitar,
Thanks for posting that. Very interesting. Do you know when RB wrote that article? He seemed to have many questions regarding the phenomenom himself. I wonder how many of those questions he's been able to answer since writing it.

I find it rather odd that he says it can occur spontaneously and later warns about the dangers of raising Kundalini too soon. I know several people who are extremely spiritual and psychic and have had many of the events that he describes happen to them. But, they don't know a thing about Kundalini. I wonder if it occurs in a certain way, in a certain order because one has read about it and expects it. Or, if there truly is a universal phenomenom that occurs regardless of a person's knowledge concerning it, and if it occurs in the same way as one who has studied it. Hmmmmm....???

17th April 2006, 12:07 PM
"drawbacks" was the subtlest word i could think of. i can only speak from experience, but this is not something just anyone wants to play around with. i'd use the same advice for someone that naively wanted to try salvia, (which is also turning into a bit of new age trend)...unless someone enjoys having their mind/soul matrix shattered. it's not a quick fix, and not to be misused/toyed around with.

there's actually something in that 'grasping' [desire/need/etc] that most people don't understand (i know i've been speaking about this a lot lately), but if you could imagine for a moment the idea of god as a man, or mother nature as a woman...and what kind of response you could expect from grabbing hold, and shaking them for answers...it kind of puts it in a nutshell. invoking the knowledge of something so advanced, and beyond our mortal ability to comprehend...is tricky business indeed. they're not going to take your hand and walk you through the roses. it's completely disrespectful to bother them in this way. it evokes wrath. there's a major process involved, and skipping steps is gonna get your a-s kicked from here to kingdom come...but to each their own! :?

really it comes down to being tested (i believe). that idea of insisting "i can handle the truth"...anyone that has any strong belief systems should be warned, as well as anyone that has a firm grasp of reality, etc. bcuz their world will be flipped upside down, inside out, and backwards, but that can't really be explained...only experienced.

i'm not completely 'awake' myself so take what i have to say with a grain of salt as well. best to be ready to move through it though. no hesitation.
mine was spontaneous...i didn't know what the h-ll was going on, but knowing me...i probably asked for it just the same. :roll:

i'm not a strong advocate for scaring the sh-t out of people before they being on a journey, but they should be evenly prepared. all i can say is type "anxiety attack kundalini" into google, and read some of the 'other' experiences...some of the 'bad' trips. then ask yourself how humble you can possibly be, what's the purpose, etc.
the process here of approaching the serpent...is far-far more important then her reaction. there's only two ways in which she'll respond...she'll either take to you (which is scary enough in itself), or she'll bite your head off (literally...if you're so lucky), and there infinite ways to p-ss her off! :wink:

17th April 2006, 12:23 PM
as you may note: i was one of those 'spontaneous' ones. didn't know a thing about kundalini at the time...just thought i was losing my friggin' mind! it was, and remains the most terrifying experience i've ever had.
so beyond anything to compare it with. the worst part was piecing myself back together, which still isn't complete...and it's been over six years.

for me it was a most difficult task, bcuz of the re-structuring. i don't know what happens to those folk that feel a nice warm stirring up their spine, and then they're all filled with light and love, and clarity?!? :shock: but that's not a kundalini awkening i can assure you. take everything you thought you knew, everything that made sense...i don't know?!?
if you could imagine putting your brain in a blender, frappe-ing it, bringing it to a boil, and pouring it back into your skull...and then trying to think straight/understand anything. that's about how it is, and that's only the first awakening. that's the part that shakes your entire house, and it's foundation into toothpicks...and leaves you to re-build.

let's just say i much prefer living in a 'lean-to' now!!! :wink: i stick to the barest basics just encase. much less danger in it collapsing in on me.

and this is the PROCESS that i spoke of. the training that a master will take one through is priceless and lengthy. deconstructing all manner of things before going in. i know about this now, after the fact. it's very important to relieve yourself of 'everything' (as much as possible)...
BEFORE HAND!

17th April 2006, 02:25 PM
PHG,

I don't know when it was written.

as you may note: i was one of those 'spontaneous' ones. didn't know a thing about kundalini at the time...just thought i was losing my friggin' mind! it was, and remains the most terrifying experience i've ever had.
so beyond anything to compare it with. the worst part was piecing myself back together, which still isn't complete...and it's been over six years.

I can relate to this. While I still don't have all the answers of what happened to me 6 years ago - I do know that all of the sudden psychic abilites seemed to come in over night; mainly clairvoyance and clairaudience. Some call it an awakening, I call it my nervous breakdown. Imagine going from not believing in anything spiritual to seeing Manti and other such things. I do suspect that part of this was caused by a spontaneous kundalini event. Of course there were other factors which exacerbated the situation, but I won't go into that now.

So yes, I do think kundalini can rise without warning to someone who knows absolutely nothing about it and doesn't even believe in it and is psycholigically and emotionally unprepared. When this occurs, I think sometimes the effects can be devastating, especially if the person has unresolved life traumas, and no where to go for answers about what the heck is happening to them.

17th April 2006, 04:09 PM
Of course there were other factors which exacerbated the situation, but I won't go into that now.
ditto! :wink:

Apex
17th April 2006, 08:51 PM
So yes, I do think kundalini can rise without warning to someone who knows absolutely nothing about it and doesn't even believe in it and is psycholigically and emotionally unprepared. When this occurs, I think sometimes the effects can be devastating, especially if the person has unresolved life traumas, and no where to go for answers about what the heck is happening to them.

These are the types of people I believe RB refers to when he says Kundalini rising can cause permanent damage. People who are going through pressing times and somehow release it before its time seem to bear the brunt of the worst side-effects. Naturally, someone who knows they are unprepared should not go forward with it, but that can't always be helped.

You two have obviously had similar experiences with the event, apparently not all of which was positive. But not everyone does and will have bad experiences with the event. I would sum it all up in a simple phrase: Err on the side of caution.

Kundalini is not something to be feared, it is something to be respected.

18th April 2006, 01:42 AM
taking the liberty of speaking for scym and myself...
I feel that's what we were both trying to get across, but people in general have a strange concept of respect...typically associated with fear. That's the conditioning/what we have to 'start' with...not our personal opinion on the matter.

i also need to make clear that just because it was the most frightening experience in my life...doesn't make it bad. sure...95% of me wishes it had never happened, the same part that fears it happening again, but that 5% is what gets me through. Just because it's a tiny fragment that benefited from the awakening...doesn't make it any less important, but if you asked most people about those odds...i think they'd think twice.

if anything...one should seek out a master for this path. one should be completely comfortable in themselves, and in their life before proceeding.
the test will seek out your worst fears and cancel out everything but.
there's no hiding from ones true self...i can't stress that enough.

Apex
18th April 2006, 01:56 AM

I feel that's what we were both trying to get across, but people in general have a strange concept of respect...typically associated with fear. That's the conditioning/what we have to 'start' with...not our personal opinion on the matter.

I can understand that. I remember when I was little and I was hearing 'fear God!' a lot in church. I asked my mom why we should fear God when He was supposed to be so loving and such. She said to 'fear' just means to respect. Frankly I think there should be a better line drawn in between the two in spiritual language.

I'm afraid that when people go browsing for kundalini info, as timdowland is doing, they'll come across threads like this and only read the bad parts. That's what people instinctly do is look for the 'how bad can it get' parts. I just want to emphasis that not everyone has horrible, life-shattering experiences (or even bad experiences) with kundalini. There are those who manifest it often and look forward to the enlightening experience and that which lies beyond. Not that you two were saying otherwise, I merely want to state it clearly (and in bold, in case someone DOES come across this thread with that mindset).

18th April 2006, 12:44 PM
absolutely!
i think that's why i must stress my experience as well.
again for the other side of things. this CAN kill you.
so can jumping out of airplanes, and i'm all for that.
actually a much safer change of perspective!!!

the point that some of us are making...is a very sound one. i'm highly suspicious of those that are playing the other hand...if they've actually had a valid awakening or not. people can strive their entire lives to awaken in this manner...offering their entire function up to it, and going through extremely strict procedure. swamis & monks for instance. this is not a thing to be PLAYED with at all, and i'm sticking with that bcuz i've been THERE, and even though it can be seen as enlightenment...it is not what people THINK it is! not at all!!! there are consciousness shifts all the time, and folks would be better to stick to that. To move ahead of where we're suppose to be at as a whole...is not a pleasant thing!!!
To suddenly find yourself in place that is total intent and nothing but; a place that has yet to be created. It is not a place for humans!

i don't think the idea of having the entire world ripped out from under you is being grasped here. it's impossible to put into words. i mentioned to read about 'bad trips' with hallucinogenics, bcuz that's the closest one could come to common definitions. the sheer panic, the absolute fear and terror one comes against. these are merely TRUTHS. as Alex mentioned 'coming face to face with yourself'...that is the scariest thing of all, but is it really scary? NO...it's just our interpretation of all we don't know. seeing things for REAL, as they really are...is the most unpleasant experience there is...some people know bcuz they've seen/been there, and some can only speculate. these are worlds apart.

i peruse different worlds, different realms everyday...and it's not a big thing for me. i hear stories here about scary glimpses, neg's, etc. these things for me are nothing...they've become amusements, but it is with a different function that i explore these things. they are suited to spirit. they are one in the same energy, but when YOU (as who you completely believe yourself to be, as ALL you are here & now) is ripped out of this world and thrown IN BETWEEN all that EXISTS. when you find yourself as NOTHING, NOWHERE, etc. there's ABSOLTELY NO WAY to process it!

I don't care what anyone says. The human mind is incapable of dealing with it. It is indeed profound, and (yes) if you are strong you will survive (many don't...many are lost forever)....still you will NEVER be the same again. EVER. I just know most people...and most don't want to KNOW these things....that NOTHING we understand comes remotely close.

19th April 2006, 02:51 PM
I think this is helpful to post here. This is a reply to my question about RB's warning about raising kundalini. Now I understand the difference between awakening kundalini and raising it. :roll: Hope this is helpful.

G'day!

I stand by my earlier warning, but with some clarifications.

Apart from my own experience in this area, I have encountered many people in various stages of kundalini awakening. Even the strongest and most stable and well prepared encounter major problems. Those without this generally develop a range of psychological and mental and physical problems. There is a lot of information available on these problems to be found on the net.

There is a big difference between awakening kundalini and raising kundalini (Uraeus Serpent of Fire). My earlier warnings specifically relate to the latter, eg, the heavier energy work to fully activate the energy body and achieve the highest level of consciousness and direct contact with the divine etc, etc.

Kundalini is dormant in everyone. Its awakening can be triggered by spiritual or devotional work, and sometimes by spiritual/intellectual work.

Kundalini is the Eastern term for this energy. But this is not just related to Eastern cultures and spiritual practices. It is universal.

Kundalini is an evolutionary energy. Once awakened, it begins a transformational process. This cannot be stopped once it begins. How long it takes and how far it will evolve persons depends on the individuals concerned.

The early awakening kundalini is a major event, but most people can usually deal with this without too much difficulty.

But raising kundalini (Uraeus Serpent of Fire) is to be approached with extreme caution. This event fully activates all chakras, removes all natural protection from the chakras and energy body, and exposes the energy body to the greater reality. This can be a shocking experience that, if unprepared, could cause physical death through shock. After this, the energy body and mind are wide open to everything. The onslaught of impressions and energies that come with this can cause persons to become mentally unstable. This also opens one up to all spirit influences, positive and negative and all the range between.

To approach this, it is obviously wise to have some idea of what one is doing and to prepare oneself well. This is sensible, but many people tend to skip the preparation and jump straight into the higher work, just to see what happens. There is no way one can account for this type of madness. This is like a person with no experience with sky diving grabbing a parachute and jumping out of a plane at 10,000ft and working it all out on the way down; eg, very high risk. This is why kundalini is usually only taught in person, through a strong teacher student relationship.

So, to teach this, some duty of care is obviously involved. The basics of spiritual development must be learned and practiced first. These include self observation, mind control, ego control, willpower training, inner balancing, inner cleansing, physical preparation, etc, etc, to develop a harmonious and balanced spiritual approach. With this kind of preparation, the risks are greatly reduced.

For those who survive the awakening and or raising process intact, varying levels of creativity, genius, psychic abilities (enlightenment or illumination) arise naturally.

The enlightenment process is directly related to kundalini awakening. But this does not happen in an instant. It is a staggered process, one bit at a time. One may have moments of full abstract God consciousness where one knows and perceives 'everything' in the abstract. But after such a peak experience, one reverts back to normal consciousness.

I hope you can see my points here. So many people are desperate for real spiritual progress, and they want this right now, eg, a quick and easy way to enlightenment. They don't want to spend thousands of hours in training. They want it right now. This ego based approach obviously causes a problem, as the risk level for students is directly proportional to their preparation.

For all that, awakening kundalini should not be feared. This is the brightest hope for humanity. The more enlightened people there are, the better the world will become in a spiritual sense.

Robert Bruce

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2630

19th April 2006, 03:08 PM
Facing yourself is indeed not for the timid, especially if you have led a rather negative life up to the point of awakening. I remember spending months in a very depressed state hating myself for who I was and how I had behaved - even wanting to end my life as I felt completely worthless.

What has helped me get through it is the desire to know the truth above all else and to let go of the ego's need to self-deceive.

It's tough, really tough. There has to be something inside you that wants to change. In order to change, we must be prepared to see ourselves totally, the good, the bad and the ugly. It's important to place just as much importance on the good, imho. This is what will help you find the strength to soldier on, and a strong idea of who you CAN become.

19th April 2006, 07:26 PM
I am confused here. I have had the spiritual emergency that people who are describing Kundalini have had. I have faced myself in the worst possible way a human can...to look at, pick apart, dissect, and FEEL the pain that I have caused others in my life. My spiritual awakening took place over many, many years. First came "book" knowledge, spending 15 years and tens of thousands of hours studying and coming to an understanding of God and the reason that we are here. Then came horrible illness and along with that the desire to die. Through a combination of the two, a new awareness came about, a realization on a soul level that I am one with God, and that I can co-create my own reality with the Divine. Then came healing, and a desire to help others. Through meditation, I "touched the face of God" and almost didn't return. I panicked, I freaked, my reality was real no more. I almost went insane, I almost died. It took a full week to come back into my body. But, I did not once ever feel a snake uncoil or move up my spine. I felt energy, yes, and strong amounts of it.

So, I don't get it. What are the differences between a spiritual awakening and Kundalini? Does that nullify someone's experience because they didn't feel the snake? I hardly think so. So, can anyone tell me what the difference is? It might be helpful if people would describe their experiences in more detail rather than just warning others. What help is it to warn others and then not explain what you are warning about.

If anyone cares to see a description of my experience, it was my first post on this forum. "Extremely Awful Experience". At the time, I was still trying to understand what had happened to me. I did not share everything, but I hit most of the highpoints.

19th April 2006, 07:40 PM
Hi PHG,

I think what you desribe is an awakening of kundalini rather than a raising of it. For what it's worth, this is what I now think I went through. From what I understand, awakening and raising are not the same and do not feel the same; kundalini can remain coiled yet awakened. During raising, it uncoils and that's when you feel the strong physical symptoms RB describes.

Anyway, this is what I understand so far.

19th April 2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks, Scy! Would you mind going into more detail about what happened to you?

20th April 2006, 03:06 AM

20th April 2006, 03:39 AM
Thank you for sharing that Scy. It amazes me how those who go through such terrible circumstances can find their way out. So many people who are spiritual have had agonizing, painful lives. I live in two worlds, one foot in the material and one foot in the spiritual. I have friends from both camps, old and new. This may not be universal, but it's true from the perspective that I see...those who have suffered the most become the most open minded seekers of truth. Maybe there is something to the saying "trial by fire". My friends who have had little more to cope with in their lives beyond hurtful breakups and the deaths of their parents don't seem to have any driving desire to find out why we are here. Those with pasts that include molestation, drugs, alcoholism, abuse, terrible illness, etc. are more driven to find God and what this is all about. Of course, this is generalization, but, I see it so much that there has to be a ring of truth to it. I am so happy to see that you have found a bit of peace. And, you are very brave to share your story. When people share the hope that they have found, it gives others hope that they can find a way out, too. You never know when someone might read your words and change their life because of it, so I thank you.

Rayson
20th April 2006, 10:13 PM
Scym- PainterHypnoGirl just stole my words I think. I echo everything she just said, pretty much, and I say from my heart a deep thanks to you, and a profound joy that you are finally on to a better place. Thanks so much for sharing your story here.

20th April 2006, 10:32 PM

Dsmoke
21st April 2006, 01:32 AM
Thanks for sharing the story, Scymitar. I had always wondered. I don't think you are a nutjob at all, in fact you must be a very strong-willed person (even if you didn't feel that way at times) to survive all of that and to live a relatively stable life now.

21st April 2006, 02:18 AM
I think we are all nutjobs. Isn't it great!! :lol: Have you ever brought up the subject of astral traveling to a group of "normal" people? The looks on their faces are priceless.

If you couldn't tell, I'm very extroverted. :shock: Duh! So, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut for long. At parties, I think my husband would like to put a gag on me. :D But, I'm always shocked at how many "normal" people are really interested in out there spiritual beliefs once they hear about them.

Rayson
21st April 2006, 02:29 AM
I'm more of an introvert, but I too have a hard time keeping things to myself, often. Especially if it's something that's important to me- I like taking down barriers at this point in my life, not putting more up. So I have been gabbing out negs and projection and chi and distance healing, and have found the same 2 things.
Laughing at norms is fun (OK- I'm just teasing here)
Many more people are interested in hearing about this stuff and discussing it than I would have ever imagined. It's truly fantastic!

-Rayson

star
21st April 2006, 04:02 AM
I always thought someone wouldn't get more than they could handle. Since there are a few here today citing their expereinces it seems true. But I wonder, what about the ones that supposedly died?

21st April 2006, 04:08 AM
I always thought someone wouldn't get more than they could handle. Since there are a few here today citing their expereinces it seems true. But I wonder, what about the ones that supposedly died?

That's a good question - but what is death, really? Maybe it was thier time and they learned what they needed to learn and could move on? I dunno - haven't died this life yet, and don't remember past deaths. :?

Rayson
21st April 2006, 07:24 AM
I don't like getting into the "no more than they can handle" mindset, because it's right up there along with karmic retribution in terms of why someone is suffering and yet I should do nothing about it. I'm also not at a point where I can understand the nature of death in terms of a spiritually developing activity, so when I see people dying of spiritual ailments (and I have), I allow myself to be completely unevolved and human, and say - they just suffered and died, and that is bad. It makes me want to help.