PDA

View Full Version : Hello !

Imani
8th July 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi everybody!

My nickname is Imani, it means "faith" in Swahili.

I'm here to learn how to induce astral projections. I'd like to project so as to learn whatever there is to be learned and that can't be learned in books.

I come from a fairly intellectual-rational-logical background and having been involved in that background for quite a long time, I have come to the conclusion that what I am looking for is in the heart rather than in the head. I don't want scientific explanations. I'm not interested in reconciling modern science with mediums' claims of seeing angels, or some people's claims of getting out of their bodies. I don't want proof. I leave that to someone else. It's a valuable task, but I'm not interested in it. I'm more interested in doing those things called "esoteric".

(Anyway, can someone prove "me"???)

So far, the best way I've had to reach and connect to "that thing in the heart" is meditation. (Is that "love"? The only thing I know is that my head/intellect did not produce it, as they were taken by surprise...)
It becomes obvious to me as I write these lines that I'd like to project so as to learn how to expand that thing in my heart, and also to experience-acknowledge the power of that little engine inside us that make us move through astral planes to higher/farther realms.

It feels as if I was 2 years old and discovering the world. I am tremendously curious and find everything down here to up there extremely enjoyable and interesting.

I have been doing energy work for the past month, following New Energy Work on my kindle. I have also bought Mastering Astral Projection, but it is difficult to read that book on the kindle. So I will start anew when I get a paperback edition. I also read a paperback edition of Astral Dynamics.

This community feels very warm and welcoming. I'm happy and grateful for it. Thank you for all that you have already written all those years: I have read many threads on the old forums before the migration and it helps very much to learn from others' experiences.

:):heart:

Neil Templar
8th July 2011, 01:26 PM
Welcome Imani! :)

ButterflyWoman
9th July 2011, 04:46 AM
I love the name Imani. I've seen it a few times and always thought it was pretty. :)

Welcome, Imani. I hope you find what you seek. :grouphug:

Beekeeper
9th July 2011, 11:36 AM
Welcome Imani, I look forward to your:D posts.

psionickx
9th July 2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome Imani, I look forward to your:D posts.
ditto.

"Imaan" means faith my language too (but its not swahili though).

CFTraveler
9th July 2011, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forums, Imani. I hope you enjoy it here.

Imani
9th July 2011, 05:27 PM
Hello Neil, CaterpillarWoman, Beekeeper, Psionickx and Cftraveller!

And choukran - thank you for your welcoming messages. (Psionickx, I take it that your language is Arabic? I know very few words in Arabic for the moment. Thank you for adding one to the list, it is one I will remember.)

I got the nickname from a novel that I love: "Faith and the Good thing", by Charles Johnson. It was a book that set me free!

Beekeeper
10th July 2011, 04:42 AM
"Faith and the Good thing", by Charles Johnson. It was a book that set me free!

This kind of comment piques my interest. Perhaps you'd consider reviewing it in the book section.

Ariel
10th July 2011, 05:08 AM
Hi Imani, glad to have you as part of the group.

mikesfweb
12th July 2011, 06:24 AM
Hello, everybody I'm new on this forum. I'm doing computer engineering and i want gain knowledge and shares thoughts on this forum. Have a nice day.