PDA

View Full Version : Moved: Psychic Readings. Higher Self - Spirit Guides?

SomeRandomBloke
10th July 2011, 02:16 PM
Hi Robert.

Right now im in the stage of giving free psychic readings to improve my abilities. Im learning heaps by reading a lot of your work, but there is one thing that troubles my mind in particular. You work with and know a lot of other psychics so perhaps you have some guidance in this area.

I have been on hiatus with readings for a while because i stumbled upon your catch basket theory. I love the idea of spirit guides helping me during readings, when i used to read (this was mostly over computer) i used to enter meditation, go to a garden to connect with my spirit guides, and then i would listen to them about what they had to say about the person i was reading, then i would type it up and send it. I was getting quite a high degree of accuracy, but i was always unsure that these guides were actual real benevolent spirit beings sent to help me - or just figments i have created in my mind. Even when the info was correct, i never saw them with any visual clairvoyance, or clear voices - they were more like gut feelings and random thoughts.

I feel very torn because on one hand, i want to believe they're real and actually there, on another, i can't soothe my worries with anything solid evidence. I know i must go by personal experience. Even you i think i have read in your writings that you had to stop praying to Spirit Guides ( though i never prayed to them) because you just didn't have anything solid to go by.

Everyone around me, teachers and other learners, even popular psychics all say they have these spirit guides - im sure there's something to it. Not all of these nice and could be lying to us all, it can't be all made up. I must be missing something.

I could utilise the help of the Higher Self to help me during readings, but then again im unsure about that because i believe you mentioned in your M&Healing program that it's more like a wall of silence, only rarely speaking to you.

Does it mean i can't work with any beings at all. It was a great source of comfort to realise i had a team of helpers with me. Now im just confused and unsure. Can you understand my dilema? I just want to be the best i can be with the potential i have.

You have heaps of psychic friends. Do any of them use the help of spirit guides or perhaps the Higher Self or is it all done just through our psychic senses?

Thank You. :)
Warm regards for putting up with my questions!
Jeremy.

Summerlander
10th July 2011, 04:56 PM
Hi! This is what I have said to someone recently, on another site, in regards to spirit guides:

Creating or summoning a friend in the Phase may be good and dandy but:

1- You need to ask yourself what you need help with and...
2 - Why not just use the same intent that you have used in summoning a helper, to get what you want directly instead?

Be careful not to create a fantasy of your own where a friend shows you around the great unknown as this may gradually take you down a delusional path. Your own subconscious, believe it or not, has the power to concoct a convincing reality for you based on expectation, and, the more you accept it as the truth, the further you may wrap yourself in it.

I get a little riled when people start talking about getting in touch with their "oversouls", or spirit guides with the expectation of some sort of help or guidance. Why? Here's a possible (and very probable) scenario...

The minute they have this idea in mind, as incredible as it may seem, the subconscious has already manufactured all sorts of scenarios to be played out for you at your request once you enter the Phase. The course of Phase events that may then unfold will give you the illusion of unpredictability because you have already decided upon this unconsciously (as you will undoubtedly want to be convinced of its authenticity and avoid disappointment with the experience of a falsified storyline). You are, after all, asking to be shown the ropes in a conceptual world (the Astral Plane) which you already believe in without question, so it would make no sense in having that challenged (unless you can handle going cold turkey with a major paradigm shift :-D).

The guide will come and show you around some interesting worlds and you will see many amazing things where, in all fairness, could be a product of your imagination, which, unbeknownst to you, had already been created and stored in the great subconscious reservoir. You can think of it as a 'useful' file that has been saved for later. The purpose... you already know.

You don't have to be dictated upon by your own subconscious or hypothetically by a more "experienced traveller". Once you enter the Phase, do what you want and explore whatever environments you may encounter. My best advice for you is to have NO expectation. I have no friends in the Phase whatsoever (apart from my deceased 'is it really him' stepfather whom I see when I want if you catch my drift).

There is no map for such reality and there can never be one because, although it may emulate three dimensions, it is not three-dimensional. Just like in the physical world - where you don't need to have someone showing you around/telling you what you could/should do all the time - so be it the Phase state.

You never know who you can trust to show you around anywhere you go anyway. If you encounter people in our world who seem to be knowledgeable and the information they provide resonates with you...then take heed of it. Likewise, if an apparently sentient being is encountered in the Phase realms and offers you some advice - and intuition persuades you to go with it - then take it on board...but don't look for it as there is no need and NEVER EVER lose sight of other possible venues, angles and perspectives. Mistakes may be made but trial and error will only make you wiser.

You've got the power to do anything you like in the Phase. All you have to do is believe (be careful how you employ this). Have confidence in yourself and in the fact that your intent can yield results. Be determined to get what you want directly...don't run around the houses in a little car.

SomeRandomBloke
11th July 2011, 01:33 AM
This was quite interesting! Thanks Mate! It's just i've always sort of learnt to ask spirit guides this and that, and to tune in, and it's really common and whatever so now im just confused as to what i should be asking or getting information from for readings. It's quite the kafuffle. Perhaps the akashic records is something i can connect with for readings.

Also there's that thing in my mind of you know, having protectors around you. That's hard to let go of.

Then theres the more experienced psychics and mediums. One of my menotrs talks highly of guides, and uses them for readings and everything. There must be some sort of genuine connection there. Same with other famous mediums, like Lisa Williams and Gordon Smith, they talk about having their spirit guides there with them helping them out and keeping them safe.

There's so much to put together in my head. It's like moving to a new city in a new country - i have no idea what to do, where to go and how to do it.

Thank you for your guidance though Summerlander, it was helpful :)

Neil Templar
11th July 2011, 02:42 PM
Kryon's latest channeling is concerned with guides, worth a listen, it's only half an hour long..
http://www.kryon.com/cartprodimages/download_Sacramento2_11.html

psionickx
11th July 2011, 02:43 PM
Hello Jeremy ,

I just want to be the best i can be with the potential i have.
thats what prompted me to write here.Very heartening ,deserves credit.

...You have heaps of psychic friends
i cant speak for Robert since i'm not acquainted with him ( our seasoned faculty however is and they volunteer to give us their valuable time and input) ...but cool is the fact that we are all friends here.:grouphug:

I was getting quite a high degree of accuracy, but i was always unsure that these guides were actual real benevolent spirit beings sent to help me - or just figments i have created in my mind

Even when the info was correct, i never saw them with any visual clairvoyance, or clear voices - they were more like gut feelings and random thoughts.
do you think that its possible that gut feelings come from the "gut"? if so ,makes sense they not be stemming from your mind/logical reasoning?.
Either way if a technique is working - its working.Period...well done:thumbsup:

I used to give readings as part-time work/part-time dalliance - i've never had "guides" or "protectors" (unless they are very partial to anonymity and managed to escape my scrutiny altogether for all this time)

Welcome to AD at any rate.
Keep us posted :-)

poème
11th July 2011, 09:05 PM
Some persons prefer to walk alone, others prefer company. One is not better than the other. It is simply a matter of personal preferences and style. My best friend is one of these lone wolves while I definitely enjoy company and cooperation, and that is not because I need to be dictated what to do, it is rather because it suits my personality and because I feel it promotes my growth.

Besides, in my views, a genuine relationship with a guide (or your higher self, or self aspects or whatever/whoever may be working with you; your subconscious perhaps, as silly as it may sound! :lol:) is not about being dictated what to do. That rather sounds like an abusive kind of relationship. As above, so below… Just like relationship we have here in the physical, a healthy relationship of that kind, in my opinion, should be based on mutual respect, and this includes our free will. It is also about giving us some space to experiment and learn, just like a good teacher would do. In this way, you are still getting what you want directly. The only difference is that when you need a hand or don’t understand something, that good teacher will be there to guide you towards resources you need and will give you the missing pieces of information you need to keep going. When stuck, the lone wolf will also eventually finds what he needs and understand what he was stuck on, but chances are that he will have to struggle a bit more. This is a choice. Some persons honestly prefer it this way and that is fine.

That being said, although this is also my perspective alone (take it or don’t), I’d like to point out that human society is built on cooperation. I don’t think it is entirely true to say that one doesn’t need anyone else’s hand. Only hermits seem to be able to provide all that they need for themselves. But true hermits are a very rare kind.

As for the trust issues… Again, as above, so below. A relationship with (add here whatever you believe in), is to be taken just like any relationship in the physical. Indeed, not everyone who comes to you may have good intentions, but does that mean you should avoid totally your peers and live alone? Surely you came to trust some persons around you, why then would it be different with (whatever is it that you believe in)? For sure, one is to be careful, just like in the physical. Indeed, it may not be wise to open up entirely to someone you meet for the first time. Some boundaries are to be crossed only over time. Trust is also gained over time.

On last thing…
Our views are the result of our perceptions of a portion of reality, a set of experiences we had among the countless possibilities reality may offer us. This portion of reality is also experienced through the filters of the senses of our bodies (physical as well as spiritual bodies), of the brain (part of the body), of possibly many other filters such as the personality, likes and dislikes, and so on… As human beings, I doubt it is possible to experience reality as it truly is, totally unfiltered. Surely, less dense spiritual bodies filter less and then offer an enlarged view of what reality is but I suppose these bodies still act as filters; I suppose they still filter the Source, the One thing, which experiences all these different views through all of us, through all that is.

Therefore, who can tell for sure who’s in delusion and who’s not? Who can tell for sure who’s right and who’s wrong? What’s true and what isn’t? How can we prove without a doubt the true nature of experiences as abstract and subjective as are experiences of a spiritual kind? If someone’s experience seems different than ours then, does it mean that ours is not valid? I sincerely doubt so, because, in my opinion, we all are subjective beings. Therefore, our perceptions of what we experience are likely to be all different, just as unique as we all are. Robert Bruce’s experience and views about the Higher self and spirit guides may be very different from another mystic whose experience and views are different, but that doesn’t mean one is right and the other is wrong, one is genuine and the other isn’t. Surely, they are both genuine, but they are different persons and so, their experience and views are necessarily different.

We have to be aware that these perceptions we have are not truths set in stone, that they may be called to change one day. And it is well that way, because it leaves us the freedom to believe in what we are comfortable with, as long as we are aware that they are precisely beliefs resulting from perceptions.

That being said, it is a very good thing to share with others, or read/hear another person’s views in a book/video, since it is likely to enrich and enlarge our scope, especially if their views challenge ours. But in the end, it’s up to each one of us to decide what rings true for us at the moment. Our ‘truth’ shall be our own and no one else’s.

In other words, if you are not sure to be comfortable with the idea of living in that foreign country you seem to be heading to, why would you move there? Or why would you move there right away? Perhaps it would be a good idea to take a short vacation trip over there, just to have a peek at what it’s like, before actually deciding if you really want to make that move or not ;)

Disclaimer : I wrote this post with NO intention of stepping on anyone's shoes... Nothing I wrote here is to be taken as a personal offense of any kind ;)

SomeRandomBloke
12th July 2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks guys! These answers are really helpful. First im gunna check out that channeling!

As you can see it's quite a huge thing for me at the moment to figure out what's going on. I like to understand what it is i'm doing, especially if i am to read for people. Perhaps, like you said psionickx, it is just my gut, or my own senses, not anothers. Even when i worked with what i thought were guides, it was always in my imagination, therefore not much of a visual thing. If it were something i had more faith in, then perhaps it would be stronger. Im not sure.

Perhaps what i do instead is connect into the frequency of the Akashic records. Im not sure. What i need is further inner study. Or perhaps what i need is to keep all beings out of it until i can verify for sure within me that they are actually there. Like i said i'd love to know they're there, but it's not a solid experience, it's a fluid and uncertain one. lol.

All your help is greatly appreciated!

Also thank you for the welcome!

poème
12th July 2011, 04:50 PM
As you can see it's quite a huge thing for me at the moment to figure out what's going on.
I sure can understand that very well! I’m kind of like that too ;)

My question to you would be:
Do you really need to see to believe that something exists?

This will seem slightly off-topic but do read until the end and you’ll see what I mean…;)
So, yesterday night, I felt compelled to read some passages in Robert Bruce’s new version of Astral Dynamics before bedtime, and this interesting passage (on page 1) first caught my eyes:

‘‘What is your mind and where is your memory? You cannot take your finger and point to where these are. Our best scientists cannot tell us, but we know they exist.’’

‘‘We know they exist’’, says Robert Bruce. We ‘know’ the mind exists and we ‘know’ the memory exists, even though I don’t think it’s yet possible to see the mind or see the memory… At least not in the physical as far as I know. Yet, we do experience, in our lives, every day, manifestations of what we call the mind and the memory that lead us to believe that yes, surely they exist.

These manifestations may be of a very subtle kind and one may need to train one’s eyes to pay attention to these in order to actually ‘see’. Then again, one has to look inwardly to find one’s very own ‘truth’, since outwardly, in my opinion (take it or don’t), our perceptions still come into play. For instance, you ‘see’ that you get accurate information (manifestation) and then think it may be because you tune in to a guide (perception); or you ‘see’ that you get accurate information (manifestation) and think it may be because you tune in to the Akashic library (perception), etc. Both may be possible, but based on that alone, one can hardly tell, outwardly, which one is closest to the ‘truth’.

However, if you still want and need to draw conclusions by looking outwardly, then the option left may be to gather as much accounts as possible of such ‘manifestations’. This is what reading this page in RB’s book made me think of:

‘‘Memories do not exist in the physical brain (conclusion drawn). Any part of the brain can be removed without removing any memories.(manifestation) Half the brain can be removed without losing any memories in an operation called a hemispherectomy. People who have this operation before they have completed puberty will recover with only a slight limp. There is no impairment of short term and long term memory (manifestation). So where are the memories stored? (missing data)’’

Conclusions drawn in such abstract fields still seem like perceptions to me. (But that's my perception ;)) It is of course impossible to take the whole reality into account, and we naturally interpret the missing data (conclusion) which then lead to possibilities, theories. However, this is the best approach we may have to come closer to the ‘truth’ in such fields (outwardly) and in that sense, Robert Bruce's passage may indeed be touching the 'truth'...

To put it simply (back to the topic!), you may for instance try to ask questions to your ‘possible guides’ and then try to see if you get any answer, in some form or another. Write down your observations, whether you think or not that what you observed was a manifestation of their presence. Train yourself to ‘see’ while remaining open to as many possibilities as possible, even those you don’t like. Then let your intuition tell you what rings true to you. Further inner study, as you say… It’s difficult but perhaps you’ll find that it’s worth the trouble...

...Now, I promise not to write again such a lenghty reply in this thread :lol:

Summerlander
12th July 2011, 08:58 PM
Those are interesting posts, poeme. I have always imagined that thoughts and memories dwell in an extension of reality existing beyond ultrasonic frequencies. The realm of thoughts could be filtered through the living brain rather than them somehow (and very dubiously) being a product of it. This would be compatible with the views of Rupert Sheldrake. You may want to look at his morphogenetic fields theory if you haven't already. The realm of thoughts would be where the dead reside and where the living go temporarily when they dream and enter the Phase. You may also find the following link interesting as calcite crystals, which appear to be piezoelectric in nature (like the telephone and the sonar), where found in the pineal gland. If such mechanism becomes active, what is it that it is transmitting and receiving. Does it tune into electromagnetic data that we are unaware of? Take a look:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/dmt_the_spirit_molecule-t33244.0.html (http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/dmt_the_spirit_molecule-t33244.0.html)

psionickx
13th July 2011, 09:13 AM
I sure can understand that very well! I’m kind of like that too ;)

My question to you would be:
Do you really need to see to believe that something exists?

This will seem slightly off-topic but do read until the end and you’ll see what I mean…;)
So, yesterday night, I felt compelled to read some passages in Robert Bruce’s new version of Astral Dynamics before bedtime, and this interesting passage (on page 1) first caught my eyes:

‘‘What is your mind and where is your memory? You cannot take your finger and point to where these are. Our best scientists cannot tell us, but we know they exist.’’

‘‘We know they exist’’, says Robert Bruce. We ‘know’ the mind exists and we ‘know’ the memory exists, even though I don’t think it’s yet possible to see the mind or see the memory… At least not in the physical as far as I know. Yet, we do experience, in our lives, every day, manifestations of what we call the mind and the memory that lead us to believe that yes, surely they exist.

These manifestations may be of a very subtle kind and one may need to train one’s eyes to pay attention to these in order to actually ‘see’. Then again, one has to look inwardly to find one’s very own ‘truth’, since outwardly, in my opinion (take it or don’t), our perceptions still come into play. For instance, you ‘see’ that you get accurate information (manifestation) and then think it may be because you tune in to a guide (perception); or you ‘see’ that you get accurate information (manifestation) and think it may be because you tune in to the Akashic library (perception), etc. Both may be possible, but based on that alone, one can hardly tell, outwardly, which one is closest to the ‘truth’.

However, if you still want and need to draw conclusions by looking outwardly, then the option left may be to gather as much accounts as possible of such ‘manifestations’. This is what reading this page in RB’s book made me think of:

‘‘Memories do not exist in the physical brain (conclusion drawn). Any part of the brain can be removed without removing any memories.(manifestation) Half the brain can be removed without losing any memories in an operation called a hemispherectomy. People who have this operation before they have completed puberty will recover with only a slight limp. There is no impairment of short term and long term memory (manifestation). So where are the memories stored? (missing data)’’

Conclusions drawn in such abstract fields still seem like perceptions to me. (But that's my perception ;)) It is of course impossible to take the whole reality into account, and we naturally interpret the missing data (conclusion) which then lead to possibilities, theories. However, this is the best approach we may have to come closer to the ‘truth’ in such fields (outwardly) and in that sense, Robert Bruce's passage may indeed be touching the 'truth'...

To put it simply (back to the topic!), you may for instance try to ask questions to your ‘possible guides’ and then try to see if you get any answer, in some form or another. Write down your observations, whether you think or not that what you observed was a manifestation of their presence. Train yourself to ‘see’ while remaining open to as many possibilities as possible, even those you don’t like. Then let your intuition tell you what rings true to you. Further inner study, as you say… It’s difficult but perhaps you’ll find that it’s worth the trouble...

...Now, I promise not to write again such a lenghty reply in this thread :lol:

post was made post-reflection ,ergo the quoting of it (FWIW)

Tutor
13th July 2011, 05:47 PM
i am replying to poeme's quote added by another member, with hopes that this isnt stepping on any toes.

memory - sum totality - union/whole, reflective expanding/contracting as endless|infinite, as would a face turn away from and back to the central mirroring line of demarcation from whence what is living sees life. study light's depth into vs expansive imagery within the mirrored glass, or what is brevity of life vs infinite life; while endless life (Image) looks into the reflectivity of (image).

accessible memory - a stream or flow, as a current within an ocean - greater body of.

remembered - life form

life springs as it's myriad forms from this flow, let's imagine a single cell organism, a hydra. the hydra sprung from the issued streaming current collaberating within the greater ocean. the mind in the Mind of the MIND.

Consciousness begetting the Conscious consciousness. I am aware through the life that I am living the life before me.

example - a single drop of toxin enters into a living lake - living because it contains myriad life forms (inter)dependent upon this living source capable of sustaining life forms. the single drop does not remain as a concentrated toxin, as the toxin is equally shared with every living molecule of water within the lake. this thinning of the toxin insures a living source, assures the life forms of the minimum toxicity level, for they too as inherent forms living inherit what is of the living source. the source and the life forms both one and the same contigency or world at large.

formation of water molecules is like forty molecules group around one super water molecule, this grouping forms with 39 other groups around a super duper water molecule, this process undergone to reflect the intricate latticed frame work of what life giving source is, be it manifold and redundant - this the insurance toward assurance of formative life for the living.

as well, the myriad life forms are a reflective insurance, as we may note that in the worst of times a population exponentially explodes as opposed to the population shrinking in number. this assures within the life forms the maximized potentiality whereof life forms make evolution leaps. to say, that the toxin becomes neutralized, being adopted into the dna's immune complex, dna being the latticed framework of the life form/s, or source from within. a lattice is a lattice is a lattice...ad infinitum. perhaps a toxin would destroy a population of a 1 million given it's toxicity, increasing the numbers exponentially to 1 billion divides the shares exponentially. thus the population as reflective source mimics within exactly what the source has and is doing from without - thinning the toxicity as reciprocity.

memory has more to do with this 'source' capacity. while remembering as we'd humanly ponder it has to do with an experiential networking with a beginning and ending as per the present right here right now, this being of past and future where the present is centrically located within a crashing brevity.

given the immensity of source/memory as endless|infinite, how high is high when ascertaining the "higher self". this in consideration of water's overall grouping toward latticed framework.

allowing for meaning and purpose within the confines of life 'as it is', one cannot afford to trail off into the source, but rather to enter into the streaming flow, the current affairs that is anyone's individual formative life, as one is right here and right now.

this flow is of endless reach into infinite reach, to say that yesterday is already the future, simply because of equal sharing between human choice and consequence. this is why consequence appears as premonition before it arrives, why the choice beckons/beacons within when made as the question of omg what have i decided, or allowed from without to decide for me.

in the breath is the immovable course set, the sea turtle enters the current to timely arrive, destination - now. it hatched on the beach, swam into the question, experienced, and returns to the beach toward procreation's beckoning/beaconing call. the sea turtle within the streaming life form of sea turtles leaping forth.

overhead in the seemingly empty sky are the magnetics guiding life forms back and forth through migratory currents. to say, that memory is the guidance system wherein formative life unquestionably forgets the way as it has no need to know the way, the way freely given as the life form is the way.

water and air...conducive to formative life's needs. as for fire, what need has fire for memory, when a spark begets a fire, when lightning crashes to ignite fire...etc. earth/soil churning new life from old, recycling every atom as the uncompromizable source of life giving properties.

you see, we dream to commandere our autonomous insurance, spending it at our individual wills, without realizing that this act of arrogance would reflectively spend what is sourcing from within, the result instantaneous death and extinction of life forms altogether.

it is enough to awaken the breath, being co-aware with her, be lovers without question or want, allowing needs to be naturally/freely met - nurtured. all life is matured, while within the life, because of our brevitys, we fight against immaturally.

all the above - imho

poème
14th July 2011, 03:41 PM
Hello Summerlander, you brought some very interesting ideas yourself...And raised quite an interesting question... I'm tempted to explore further this avenue. (Sheldrake and the morphogenic fields) Sounds intriguing!:)

Psionickx... Merci! That was touching ;)

Tutor, that was beautifully said...Sincerely. You are an intelligent man and your words can be full of poetry.

it is enough to awaken the breath, being co-aware with her, be lovers without question or want, allowing needs to be naturally/freely met - nurtured. all life is matured, while within the life, because of our brevitys, we fight against immaturally.

But... Being told so is not enough, for most of us, to truly integrate this.

We were granted free will precisely so that we may experiment -the 'good' and the 'bad'- in order to learn and to integrate fully what we learn, or according to your views, in order to remember, and fixate for good what was once forgotten. This is, in my opinion, by design.

The river has to follow its own course, so that one day it may find rest in the arms of the sea.
Everything comes in its own time.

Jesus said: "Let him who seeks
continue seeking until he finds.
When he finds,
he will become troubled.
When he becomes troubled,
he will be astonished,
and he will rule over the All."
The Gospel of Thomas, verse 2

Let us seekers, seek... :-)

Tutor
15th July 2011, 03:46 PM
hi poeme,

who is telling anyone? who is being told?

the thought that says I am being told is the thought that would think to tell another.

I do not (as none of us do) have the power to let or not let, even concerning myself upon/to myself. i write from the same will as would anyone write, desiring and aspiring. to try and lay down an absolute in writing does not mean personal attainment, it merely means the author is familiar with his/her shortcomings/limits. anything i subjectively write is not directed to the reader as them "being told", it is merely as being shared.

may our rivers never dry up, may we ever meander to the sea, replenished in the rains gifted inland of the sea....that we may BE, ever Seeking, but most of all Seeing the GIFT that allows our meandering seeking.

The Seer does not lose anything other than the sense of loss, as life remains, as "I Remain" remains to BE. seeking what? Life. and life is a mutuality, familial, both kith and kin, both extended and close, relatively speaking.

if it is (our general) intention not to share in what another might write from a unique vantage point, then why (should we) bother participating within a forum inclusive of others, any other?

let us seek friendship and find mutual respect, PERHAPS understanding that We all SEEK from and to what we (feel) ourselves not to be and SEE from and to what we think ourselves to be. being human, as we all are, we share this astonishing conundrum in KIND = Human.

try and pretend that i too have (feelings). thank you

tim

yes, i can certainly see how my reply here seems/reads as defensive and rude. my apology to you poeme, i am sorry. my above original reply was to reveal that which within me felt deeply caught in your reply's brilliant words, my reply revealing the state of myself self-seen, therefore confessing to you. mutually, as forum members, your words reach my depth of wording, otherwise i'd not have seen me in them. so, much respect even as i read your depth. ive chased so much that i am quick to cut to the chase. i see that this method is contrary to chasing. do you realize that you are quite brilliant? my reply was to reflect back to you...your brilliance. i guess i made a mess of it, which says a lot about my mirroring capacity that needs clarity. thank you poeme and Mod for the windex and paper towels. tim

Neil, i for the life of me cannot figure out how to reply to a pm. i formulate the message, submit, and nothing is sent.

Neil Templar
21st July 2011, 10:09 PM
Neil, i for the life of me cannot figure out how to reply to a pm. i formulate the message, submit, and nothing is sent.

Tim, i think the problem might be that you haven't set your SENT box to automatically store a copy of any outgoing messages.
Go into General Settings, and scroll down, you'll see the Private Messaging subsection. In there you'll find an option to select "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/private.php?folderid=-1) folder by default". Make sure this is selected, then any messages sent will be stored, otherwise it just looks like the message has disappeared into the ether...