PDA

View Full Version : Rope technique use question

emcmattm
14th April 2006, 03:11 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been asked and answered anywhere, though I did look through the various forums.

With the rope technique, how is it done from a stand point of the actual climbing? For instance, Do I climb to the ceiling and then start back at my body, or do I keep going right through the roof, clouds and stars? IT's an awsome technique, but that is the only snag I tend to hit.

Thanks a bunch!

timdowland
14th April 2006, 04:38 PM
You can climb through the ceiling if thats what you want, but its just as easy to let go as soon as you rise out of body and start the experience from there. It all depends on you, if your successfull in getting out with the rope technique at all then you should be able to let go of the "rope" and wander around at any point and complete any goals that you might have from that point.

Astralonaut
18th April 2006, 05:34 PM
I think "emcmattm" was referring to the process while you are *not* out of body yet, i.e. as long as the rope climbing is just imagined. It seems clear that once out of body you can stop rope climbing. I think it does not matter if you visualize climbing further up or start over, the important thing is the feeling of the upward motion.