PDA

View Full Version : sceneries of landscapes appear while meditating.

Blackbird
14th July 2011, 09:38 AM
Hello,
First of all I have tried meditation before but I regard myself a complete beginner after so many years but recently things have picked up for real and things are happening.
I have the books and cd's of Astral Dynamics and also the energy work and I did try to do meditation but it did not work for me.

I tried with binaurals, isochronic tones but alas it did nothing for me. They all served as a hideous distraction because I started to 'expect' things coming up in the music and on the meditation cd you get a sign every 3 minutes and noticed I was fighting to clear my mind and was working to the tones which was a distraction for me.

Then somewhere walking in the real world my eye caught a line at a bookstore from some Swami and it said, 'sit quiet and become aware of your breath, this is all that is needed.' (Isn't it funny how sometimes hints arrive from the outside world and connecting with it knowing this is it?)

I did and in the beginning not much happened but something in me told to keep on practicing and not give up. Also I had to make time free twice a day to sit in calmness just listening and focussing on my breath.
I did. It was practice practice and the inner knowing that I will get there as long as I would practice.

Slowly I start to notice changes. In the beginning it was so subtle in that I felt detachment and calmness at events that would have upset me before and I could not let go.
I got things teached, I cannot say it any other but suddenly I saw what is called the ego and it was amazing but also funny to see how crafty it is, I loved it.
Sometimes I would get out of meditation thinking nothing had happened but subtle changes going on but yesterday something else happened which made me ecstatic and puzzled at the same time.

Yesterday in my meditation I saw moving sceneries of landscapes clearly and detailed in the blackness behind my closed eyelids.
I mean I still see blackness surrounding the scenery as if I am watching through dark tubes to the end of it where it all happens.
I became eager as I wanted more because this was truly amazing so it got me thinking a bit.
What are these sceneries I see? Is this what they call astral projection?

Thanks.

Beekeeper
14th July 2011, 09:55 AM
What are these sceneries I see? Is this what they call astral projection?

The scene you witnessed is what is known as Hypnopompic imagery, that is, you are beginning to watch a dream emerge. It's fun, huh!? I remember a similar experience when I first started meditating and a ball was thrown at me. Instinctively, I sent it back with my mind and then it came again and the game continued for a while. Another time, I saw a little girl in the back seat of an old-fashioned black car and she seemed to react to me as though she saw me. I had the feeling that what I was witnessing was more than a dream.

In answer to the second question: sort of. You can project yourself into the dream from this state and remain conscious. This is called phasing or a Wake Induced Lucid Dream (WILD). http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?1719-AD-pedia-In-Alphabetical-Order

Blackbird
14th July 2011, 10:52 AM
Hello Beekeeper, thanks for the info.

Yes they are extremely fun and it amazes me that they were so real.
The image of throwing a ball made me laugh I can picture it.

Thanks for the link.

Blackbird
16th July 2011, 07:04 AM
Yesterday I was meditating again and the most astounding thing happened.

I saw those 'screens' and was flying over a landscape again.
Then I thought it would be cool to be really there and 'I' moved forward to the screens.
I truly was in that landscape flying and could look all around, there was no blackness as if I was watching the screens, I was truly there in that landscape with all the sensations and excitement as if I was flying, amazing.

Neil Templar
16th July 2011, 10:28 AM
Nice!!
You were phasing. Many people find this method easier to master than to try to use exit techniques like Robert teaches.
Now the fun really begins... ;)

Ariel
17th July 2011, 06:17 PM
Very Cool

Beekeeper
19th July 2011, 10:33 AM
Looks like you're a natural, Blackbird! You're gonna have fun.:thumbsup:

darron
15th August 2011, 05:54 AM
i was sitting meditating the other day, and realized that I was looking out a window at a bunch of beautiful plants behind closed eyes lol, startled me a bit.

del Dardano Turann
22nd August 2011, 02:55 AM
It is very common for me to have this type of experience during an acupuncture session. The subject of WILD that was mentioned is very interesting.

THE GATE OF SECRETS
From a poetic vision seen during an acupuncture sessionof July 7th, 2011

A burning river crashed down through a tunnel
With orange waves and golden, foaming light.
It spun like draining oceans in a funnel
With reddened under-currents surging might.

On each side of the cavern megalithic
Black pillars stood with age that was majestic
In languid coils of silver mist exhaled
From off the golden light. The mist kept veiled

Carved ancient verses in an Asura language.
A mammoth red tail hawk dove down and soared
With graceful circles in an act of homage
Before the gate through which the river poured.

A pair of hooded figures cut from gray
Titanic cliffs in silence faced each other
And each one held before his lips a finger
For they are guardians of this secret way.

Beekeeper
22nd August 2011, 08:21 AM
Nice imagery and Iambic pentameter! :thumbsup: