PDA

View Full Version : So, how close am I to astral projecting?

Dudebilly
21st July 2011, 03:47 AM
Well, I notice that when I go to sleep, i'll lay in bed for a while, just relaxing, trying to sleep, and most of the time, i'll notice a rocking sensation. It feels like my whole body is moving forward and back, and it does so for a little bit, then it ends and I continue to fall asleep. As a kid I thought this brought on nightmares and tried to stop it at all costs, but as I got older and looked into astral projection, I remember reading somewhere that this is the beginnning of seperation, I think. I really don't know how close I am to astral projecting when this happens, or if it is a sign at all? Maybe it's natural, I really don't know, i'm new to this. Any advice on what to do? :?

Beekeeper
21st July 2011, 09:12 AM
Keep doing what you're doing and do it again at those brief awakenings that occur a few times throughout the night. Trying to maintain consciousness as your body falls asleep is an excellent way to get going.

CFTraveler
21st July 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Dudebilly- the rocking sensations are exit sensations, so if you get them again try to 'go with' the sensations, as if you were rocking on a swing or something similar, and you might find yourself being flung out. And of course, as Beekeeper said, try to maintain your awareness.

Dudebilly
22nd July 2011, 12:58 AM
Well I was meditating today for a bit, and I was getting pretty relaxed and started to get those rocking sensations again. I tried to go with them and find myself getting flung out, but nothing happened. I think I should be a little more specific when I say "rocking." Its more like, getting flung back and forth pretty quickly. I havn't gotten flung out before, or even astral projected, so I don't have any exit experience. I will keep trying though, because like Thomas Edison said, "Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

Beekeeper
22nd July 2011, 10:13 AM
I will keep trying though, because like Thomas Edison said, "Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

Exactly!