PDA

View Full Version : clearing up acne?

Noobstorm
22nd July 2011, 05:51 AM
What are efficient methods of healing acne? I have weak healing abilities I think.
I tried imagining an energy mask several times before going to sleep no luck so far I think I loose focus.

Any help would be appreciated :)

ButterflyWoman
22nd July 2011, 06:15 AM
Energy mask might work. What I would do is use my energetic hands to "wash" my face (or whatever part is affected by the acne), gently but very completely, and I'd do it several times a day. You could also visualise something like a "warm, wet cloth" made of energetic healing material, and try draping that over the area or areas (similar to the mask, of course), or even try energetic cleansing of the skin from underneath (go on Google and find some images of dermis and epidermis so you have an idea of the structure). Imagine the energy completely filling and bathing all the pores with healing and cleansing.

On a non-energetic level, I've had good luck with essential oil preparations, but you have to be careful with that. The stuff I use (cinnamon and clove) can be allergenic for some people, so you'd need to test it before you use it regularly. I can post more about that if you're interested, but I'd have to get out my recipes to recall the precise method I use. Also, the oil treatments make the acne initially worse, and bring all kinds of stuff to the surface; once that passes, though, the skin is very nice and clear and smooth. Well... provided you're not allergic to cinnamon and/or clove (I'm not, but they do have a higher than average allergenic rate).

Noobstorm
22nd July 2011, 06:28 AM
Thank you for the quick response:)

How long does it make it worse?

Also I would appreciate it if you posted the method. I have been searching for a long time for a product guarantee to work and I simply don't trust any of them.

ButterflyWoman
22nd July 2011, 11:11 AM
How long does it make it worse?
On me, a couple of weeks, but I don't have a lot of serious acne.

Also I would appreciate it if you posted the method. I have been searching for a long time for a product guarantee to work and I simply don't trust any of them.
Well, I can't guarantee anything. This didn't do much for my husband's acne (which he gets on his upper arms and shoulders), because it's got a different cause than the blemishes I tend to get (his is hormonal and may be something to do with UV light; mine is just normal clogged pores for the most part).

But, since you ask:

Anti-Acne Oil

20ml fractionated coconut oil (could also use almond, rose hip, or other very light and easily absorbed oil)
10 drops cinnamon leaf essential oil
20 drops clove bud essential oil
20 drops lavender essential oil

Apply mixture to affected area once or twice a day with fingers.

Note that if you do have allergies to clove or cinnamon (you MUST test in a small area prior to seriously taking up a regimine with this!) you can use 60 drops of lavender to 20ml carrier oil. Lavender has a long history of being antiseptic and antibacterial, and may do the job all on its own.

To test the clove/cinnamon: Mix 4 drops carrier to 1 drop of essential oil, and apply to some inconspicuous area (inside of elbow is good, but you could use your chest near your armpit if that's better). Leave it on without washing the skin (for a few hours at least; might be good to try this before going to bed so there's no need to wash for several hours), and then check the area carefully. Check at 24 hours and then at 12 hour intervals for two days (total of 48 hours). You're looking for any unusual redness, swelling, undue itchiness, etc., anything that would indicate an allergic reaction. Both cinnamon and clove are known allergens for a lot of people, so be careful with them. (Lavender is generally regarded as safe; you don't need to patch test it unless your skin is unusually sensitive, but I've never heard of anyone having an allergic reaction to lavender).

CFTraveler
18th January 2012, 05:58 PM
Acne is due to hormonal imbalance, especially progesterone/testosterone, which is why it's mostly seen in teenagers and other transitional ages (like pregnancy and perimenopause). It is not due to diet or 'impurities'.
Sometimes if there is an allergy, acne (like any other rash) can be the result, but this is the extent of it.

Lamars
19th January 2012, 02:12 PM
Hello,

I actually joined this forum specifically for input and advice on this subject.
I suffer from some pretty bad acne on my face, usually only around the mouth area. I refuse
to believe that conditions like these simply have to be there for some people and I am convinced
that there is an external agent causing my face to break out. I have been searching for years now
on how to identify this external agent and control it, but I have had no luck. Recently in my years I
have adapted a huge part of eastern philosophy into my own truth and now I really feel as though
I am close to figuring out the cause of my acne.

Some things I have started to look at were more of metaphysical causes. I have read that all skin problems occur in the blood before they occur at the skin level. Any skin condition is actually a blood condition. Also, I have read recently in a book called "Heal Your Body" by Louis Hay that acne problems usually have to do with a rejection of self.

Here is what I took out of the book: Basically, at a dumbed down level your face is what seperates your from the rest of the world. You can imagine that if everyone were to have the exact same face there would be less individuality in the world. So the face to me represents "who I am." It's like my individuality or my personality as a being. So without going into great detail on my life and the past years that I have been dealing with this stuff, I can say that I don't always feel "content" or "happy" with who I am as an individual. What do you guys think of metaphysical causes of illness?

It actually seems as though when ever I clean up my act with a certain stress in my life my acne actually gets better. The thing that brought me here was a sudden flare up I had awoke to this morning. Really discouraged and dissapointed me. I'm stuck in the middle of "it's all in my head and I can "meditate" it away" and "the western, scientific, wash your face with soap and water more often" way of thinking. Can someone please give their input?

Also, if you can agree with the theory that illness is caused from an imbalance and that a possible cause of acne would be the dislike of one's own individuality, wouldn't some of these above exercises simply cure the symptoms and not the underlying cause of the acne? It is to my understanding that if you can cure your acne without curing the cause, the imbalance will show itself elsewhere, perhaps in an even worse position.

CFTraveler
19th January 2012, 04:03 PM
Hi Lamars.
First of all, I do agree with the idea that all illness is the energy body's representation of what is 'not in balance' in your life- this is because I believe that everything that happens to you in your life is a metaphor for how your physical self is interacting with your spiritual self, and illness is one way of your spirit expressing itself to your physical self.
Given this idea is true (and I'm not stating it's 'True', because I don't claim to know what Truth is), it is not only illness that is a metaphor for what's going on spiritually or energetically; everything that happens is a symbol for what is really happening. Anything.

So for example, if you have diarrhea, I would say that there's something in your life you want to get rid of. But that doesn't mean that you didn't eat something bad for you- or contracted a virus- it just means that perhaps you subconsciously ate something that wasn't good so that your physical reaction corresponded with what the real issue was (that there is something in your life that you don't want to have, and must eliminate.)

So when you have a physical problem it's completely valid that once you take care of the physical result (treat the bacteria that invaded your body, or stop eating rotten food, or get checked out for whatever else may be physically wrong), and then go to the original cause- what is my higher mind telling me, what is in my life that needs to be removed? And deal with it appropriately-quit the job, leave the boyfriend, drop the toxic friend, whatever applies.

This can be correlated in many ways, not only in physical illness, but in dysfunctional behavior, such as attracting alcoholics or being one.

But, this doesn't mean that one single cure or diagnosis is going to take care of everything- and the idea that 'everything is in the blood' is not valid in my opinion, because it proposes one reason for any ailment, and I just haven't seen this to be true in any case I have ever seen. There are too many variables, humans are more complex than that, and issues are many. I think this is materialistic reductionism masquerading as metaphysics, to tell you the truth.

Let's go to the acne example- I have skin issues, and have all my life. I also am extremely (and uncomfortably) empathic, and I can see the relationship between both states of being. When I was younger I had acne, and when older had other skin ailments. Every time I have a problem it reflects on my skin. There are physical reasons for my ailments- as a youngster and being fairskinned I spent too much time in the sun and now have skin cancer.
I also am empathic (once severely) and have a tendency to dream other people's lives, and have found myself in other people's skin a few times, without doing it on purpose. When younger I used to pop out of my body spontaneously all the time, and fortunately all the experiences were positive.
It's obvious to any metaphysical person that I have problems with boundaries and need to shield-I learned to AP on purpose so I could control my projections, and energy work and shielding to keep my emotions at 'mine' and not others'. I still feel others' emotions but much more controlled, and practice many forms of metaphysical practices to control all of this. I'm also "hermetically aware" and practice element balancing as part of my practices- soul mirroring and all that good stuff.

But it doesn't mean I'm not going to go to the doctor for my physical problems, or declare them 'an imbalance' and just treat the imbalance. It means I'll work on both the imbalance and take care of the physical symptom, because the physical symptom could kill me, and what would be the point in that?.

Wow, this turned out too long.

Lamars
19th January 2012, 04:54 PM
I appreciate your reply! Thankyou!

What can you suggest I do then in order to begin treating some mild acne from both a physical and spiritual level?
I am very new to meditation and would love to learn some exercises.

Thanks again

CFTraveler
19th January 2012, 07:11 PM

What can you suggest I do then in order to begin treating some mild acne from both a physical and spiritual level?

Thanks again Well, from your own post I see that it's around your mouth, and you did say that stress makes it worse.
Did puberty bring this on, and have you found anything in particular in your life that aggravates it?

Noobstorm
20th January 2012, 01:53 AM

Thanks again

I have recently found this and I believe it's worth looking over :D

http://clearskincoach.com/lesson1

CFTraveler
20th January 2012, 03:38 AM
I was almost agreeing with most of it until I got to the end. Noobstorm, if you weren't a member with 22 posts behind you I'd ban you for spamming.

Lamars
21st January 2012, 04:23 AM
Yes this started around the age when I hit puberty. As far as anything that aggravates it, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. It's like this:

At this point in time I cannot tell whether or not "stress" causes acne to flare up, or if when I have the acne my mind is looking for the stress. What if it's that I'm convinced that there should be stress and I project it. Now this is the part that frustrates me to death about myself: I go through this cycle where I have real clear skin for a week or so. During this week of clear skin I feel very confident in myself. I feel as though things are going real well for me. This laid back feel to my life makes me give up efforts to keep my face clean. It's as if I just have this huge rush of confidence AND I LET IT GET TO ME EVERY TIME. So then as I stop or significantlly slow down on things like drinking lots of water a day, washing my face, and affirmations the other half of the cycle comes. This is where I wake up and usually over the course of two nights, sometimes only takes one night, I have a huge amount of acne on the left side of my mouth. The skin becomes red and frustrated and can even get flaky, but worst of all I get pimples that I either have to let sit on my face or I pop them and create a huge red dot. The left side of my face seems to be effected a lot worse than the right side if that matters at all. Anyways, after I have a little pitty fest for myself. I (metaphorically) give myself a huge slap across the face, tell myself that my acne is caused from me not drinking water and keeping my mind straight, tell myself that this is it and I'm never going to slip again, and then crack down on health both physically and in the mind. After this my face seems to clear up a lot. Sorry for the unorganization here... Anyways, I can't exactly be clear on what is happening in this state of mind where I have clear skin. I don't think confidence is the best word to describe it because I don't think the confidence is 100%. Maybe that could be what brings it back... Thinking about it now, I feel like when I am in a clear phase every time I look at my clear face in the mirror I almost am expecting acne to come about soon. Like I am scared to look at my face because I feel as though I don't have much time left. So although it's a bit of a paradox, could this be what is causing my acne? Perhaps I am willing it to happen?

Lamars
21st January 2012, 04:35 AM
I was almost agreeing with most of it until I got to the end. Noobstorm, if you weren't a member with 22 posts behind you I'd ban you for spamming.

I did not have the time right now to read over this so I just gave it a quick looksie. What makes you discredit it?

CFTraveler
21st January 2012, 06:20 PM
I did not have the time right now to read over this so I just gave it a quick looksie. What makes you discredit it?
I'm not discrediting the method, because the method is not given. I am criticizing the delivery- it's advertising of the worst kind- alarmist, fear causing, and vague. And when you get to the part where you 'can get help' it tells you to pay for the information.
First of all, the initial title: "Danger, danger, Acne is not a harmless disease......"
Then over ten paragraphs of why everyone else is wrong, and why you are if 'you don't listen to this message.. you may suffer...hormonally related diseases'. Alarmism. Of course, they also tell you all the bad things may happen anyway, to cover their own arse. Of course, since it's a coaching thing, it doesn't matter if it didn't work, because it could be something wrong you did.
They also lie about what 'your dermatologist didn't tell you'. I don't know what dermatologist they went to, but mine actually did tell me most of what they say in the next three paragraphs.
And this continues on for three or four HTML (long) pages- and then the clincher- no, we won't tell you, we'll coach you. We'll give you free seven days, and if you want to stay it'll cost you. So pay us anything from a few dollars a month to around thirty a month for years (Plat. is three) and we'll tell you what to do.
Really?

CFTraveler
21st January 2012, 06:21 PM
Yes this started around the age when I hit puberty. As far as anything that aggravates it, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. How old are you? And how long have you been with it?

Noobstorm
22nd January 2012, 02:09 AM
I didn't read all of it when I posted the link, sorry for wasting you're time CFTraveler.

outofbodydude
22nd January 2012, 07:34 AM
Urine therapy is very effective at curing or at least reducing acne. Look into it.

Lamars
23rd January 2012, 04:43 PM
I don't know about urine therapy for me quite yet.
I'm 18 and I have been having this go on since I was about
15 or 16.

So actually, three days ago I purchased an ebook package from
acnenomore.com. From some extensive reading on his main book
I believe I have found that the cause of my acne is toxins in my blood.
As I was reading through I realized how many connections there were
between allergies and acne. Some acne is actually a direct form of allergic
reactions.

Now, as I said I am 18. Well I have a younger brother who is 11 at this time. He is
severly allergic to milk and ALL dairy products, eggs, beef, and a bunch of other
weird little things. My mom says that at one point in her life she was extremely
lactose intollerant. As I look at my diet as of before 3 days ago. It was a lot of dairy
products along with tons of red meats. (I currently am working at a mexican restaurant.)
I was not drinking enough water, not eating enough fruits and vegetables, and drinking
WAAAYYY to much caffiene through coffee.

As I type this I am on day three of simply drinking more water, eating fruits
for breakfast, eliminating dairy, cutting back on meat and eliminating beef and
pork all together, cutting back to one small cup of coffee, and eating tons of raw
and unprocessed foods. I have always stayed away from candy and soda too.
My skin is literally glowing! It feels so good. I have used
nothing but hot water when rinsing my face and it actually feels smoother and
healthier to the touch. The acne I have is going away really quickly and I'm not
getting anything new so far. Not to say that there has not been periods before
when my face gave me a break, but I really feel as though those were periods
when I didn't exhaust my body for a while. Because I was not aware of how I now
believe my body reacts to milk, sugars, and red meats I never made the connection.
I feel now though this will be a long lasting effect! :)

By the way I have nothing to do with this company other than being a very satisfied
customer. In fact, a lot of what was told to me within in this book did not need to be
paid for and many of you probably know a lot of this already. I guess I just never had
the information passed down to me like this, everyone was always focusing on
skin treatments, acne medications, and garbage. Disgusting...

So I'm still wondering about a few things like WHY CAN SOME KIDS EAT
CANDY, SODA, BEEF, AND DAIRY PRODUCTS all in the same sitting and not
have thier face erupt like a volcanoe the next couple of days? Is it that they
are showing it somewhere else down the road and they never get the warning
signs? Wouldn't that mean acne was a blessing more than a curse?

CFTraveler
23rd January 2012, 09:35 PM
I can't speak to anyone specifically, but generally, everyone grows at their own pace, and puberty related acne (which seems to be what you have) reacts more when your hormones are being overproduced (which is natural, the adrenals are being stimulated in spurts) and have not 'learned' to 'just secrete the right amount'.
Some people will have traumatic growth spurts, with leg pain and all kinds of digestive things, while others will grow slowly and steadily, with not so much trauma- and all of this is related.
When you have all these hormones floating around you will be more susceptible to reacting to toxins or allergens (such as the ones found in meats and dairy, or whatever you're sensitive to) and when they stabilize you don't react to them any more than anyone else- but it is my experience that when I react to certain foods (with me it's dairy fats) I best stay away from them for a while, until my body can handle them again.
Eating lots of raw fruits and vegetables, and drinking lots of water is just a good idea regardless of acne, and will help your body adjust to changing levels of hormones and androgens.
Not everyone is allergic to the same things, and not everyone has adrenals that react wildly to growth, and this is why not everyone has 'volcanic eruptions' while others do.

Neil Templar
29th March 2012, 10:09 AM
Hey Lamars, i just came across this - http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/thyme-could-be-an-effective-treatment-for-acne.htm

CFTraveler
29th March 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm sure it would work even better if the alcohol used was thymol, since it's thyme alcohol. BTW, it's what has been traditionally used in mouthwash, and in the middle ages (according to lore I've read here and there) it was used for whooping cough, before antibiotics were discovered. Idk how effective it is for antibiotics, but a gargle with 'old school listerine' (not the new stuff) will help when I have asthma attacks and am out of inhaler.
Thanks for the tip, my son is going through puberty, and I can concoct him a nice tincture, since I already have all the materials.

thedevil
5th April 2012, 11:36 AM
Oxygen has amazing healing powers... can try pranayama deep breathing in and out then hold the breath works good for me
You should feel a tingling numbness. Oxygen is 6th element, in water & air, is a form of cellular combustion and required by brain cells etc... btw