PDA

View Full Version : Hello eveyone.

Squatch71
28th July 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi all. I am VERY new to the realm of OBE and i have been extremely confused as to what has been happening. My wife has been working to achieve OBE for quite a few months and has discussed a lot of things with me regarding this. I have always believed in the possibility of astral projection but I am the son of a southern baptist preacher and I live in the middle of the bible belt, not really an environment to nurture exploration into the Esoteric. I really had no interest in making an attempt at OBE. A few years back I worked with a guy who was learning about the Shamanic arts and I felt a STRONG pull towards the idea but i completly gave up after 1 attempt to journey and carried on with my life. Then a couple of months ago as me and my wife were sleeping i woke up paralyzed and buzzing like crazy. There was little to no sound associated with the vibrations. I was terrified and tried screaming but no sound came out. I thought i had died and wasnt ready to go. I mangaed to move a pinky and slowly I came out of it. After that night i began logging my experiences (not every experience but most). I will post that at another time due to space constraints but i am eager to see what advice i will recieve as i dont know anyone else trying except my wife. And i am eager to hear another take on it.

CFTraveler
28th July 2011, 06:41 PM
Howdy, Squatch.
Interestingly, I have heard of other people getting 'stimulated' (for lack of a better term) when people in the room are trying to have nonphysical experiences. Must be the energy, I guess.
Welcome to the forums, and I hope we can be of some assistance.

greytraveller
28th July 2011, 07:01 PM
Greetings Squatch71 and welcome
I empathize with your situation about living in the Bible belt. OBEs are a large part of my life so I have always felt fortunate Not to live there.
Regarding the vibrations and paralysis that you felt during that experience. Both vibrations and sleep paralysis (SP) are common precursors to an OBE. They are both not absolutely necessary to go out of body but help/assist the process. SP is actually quite common as it serves as a defense mechanism paralyzing the physical body during sleep and so preventing a person from sleep walking or physically acting out his/her dreams. There is really nothing to fear from vibrations or SP.

Cheers
Grey

Beekeeper
29th July 2011, 11:10 AM
Welcome Squatch71.:D Both you and the misses working on projection could be quite wonderful with mutual experimentation, encouragement and support. You might even be able to work towards joint explorations and verification!

Squatch71
28th September 2011, 01:09 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome... There has been a lot of activity since I first posted and I guess I will post them in a more appropriate section, if I can figure out how I would categorize it.