PDA

View Full Version : Magic or foresight...

eyeoneblack
28th July 2011, 09:17 PM
I don't what to call this? I and "Lucy" were returning from her small acreage in the country when she got a call from a business associate who wanted to talk about a situation at the property management company where she works. The conversation centered around an employee of the operation that was a headache to both the broker and Lucy. I had heard plenty about this nit-wit and his antics in the past and I was starting to feel that the business would be happier, and certainly SHE would be, without this bone-head who was her immediate superior.

A dad can't help but want to protect his daughter. Her happiness means a lot to me. I fought temptation for a day or so having promised myself that I would never mess with the magic arts again (it can backfire), but I couldn't take it any longer - that Lucy was not being treated well by this fellow, making her life uncertain. I decided he had to go.

Not more than 10 days had transpired since our road trip, when Lucy came home with good news. The trouble-maker had been demoted and a new property manager had been installed, who made it her first order of business to inform the offending person how the operation was going to work henceforth.

Lucy says she doesn't think this person, unwilling or unable to 'take it on the chin' like that, will last through the end of the week. Hopefully he'll find satisfactory employment elsewhere!

I was dumbstruck. I told her what I had done. Bad mistake. Don't talk about your work, young magicians, it's not wise. Knowing I'd slipped, I immediately recanted what I had said, offering instead that I had merely sensed what was coming down the pike in the natural course of life.

Which brings me to my question, and I'm not the first to wonder: How often is the so-called work of the magician merely a foresight of what is inevitable, anyway? I cannot answer this. Does the magician ever really change the course when he undertakes a specific task, or is he merely sensing the future, acting on that information and then confusing a non-cause and effect, a coincidence, with his efforts?

psionickx
28th July 2011, 10:32 PM
Does the magician ever really change the course when he undertakes a specific task, or is he merely sensing the future 
i cant quite tell if youre asking if the person under question is either
a)effectively manipulating occult forces or b)is precognitive with prescient ?foresight.

eyeoneblack
29th July 2011, 12:45 AM
In fact, that is just what I'm asking. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear...

What do you think, a) or b), in general. Might the magician mistake a) for what was actually b)? How can we tell?

Beekeeper
29th July 2011, 10:59 AM
I think both things happen in different circumstances but that's probably not what you want to hear.:mrgreen: Just beware of karma if you use will to move people in specific directions. It's no different to doing mundane things that affect others.

Korpo
30th July 2011, 06:39 AM
I agree with Beek.

One the one hand it would be instructive to put yourself in the same spot where that demoted person now is in, and see things from his point of view. Was the change for his greater good ultimately or not?

On the other hand, if that guy was a karmic challenge for others working there, it might well be that while this specific situation resolves, another one arises for example for your daughter, but in another area of life, seemingly unrelated. The energies behind situations reassert themselves and manifest themselves in a new way, drawing people in to act them out. Somebody who changes the form but leaves the energy untouched ends up quickly in a situation where new forms arise and then has the same choice again - try to influence or leave it be.

For me the real magic is less involved with actively interfering with things. First and foremost you have to understand the energy dynamic unfolding for all the people involved, what roles they play in there, why they got attracted to play a role in it, and then navigate a way out of the dynamic that resolves it in a beneficial way. When you have done this for yourself, you can either aid by advice, and sometimes even get part of the energy moving again if it is stuck. But knowing the nature of the energy dynamic is the best bet for resolving it.

In this sense, it is foresight. Reading the energy and knowing where it is heading is a primary skill. Changing forms around will also be instructive - for you. You will see what consequences come of it, and if it was ultimately helpful. Observation will tell. It will also help you learn discern where energies are moving.

eyeoneblack
30th July 2011, 01:07 PM
I think both things happen in different circumstances but that's probably not what you want to hear. [] Just beware of karma if you use will to move people in specific directions. It's no different to doing mundane things that affect others.
Aye, Karma. I think it is important to act with a sense of benevolence so that if it boomerangs on you it won't hurt you. In other words, the accomplishment of the task (moving the offending) was managed with the emotions of simply finding better suited work for the fellow. If actions are taken with a sour heart, then the boomerang (karma) can and will backfire and hurt yourself.
I caused myself a good deal of pain once because I had used my will in a situation that I was emotionally embroiled in. The pain lasted a long time in the form of an injury similar to tennis elbow.
One must look to a better future for all concerned...
Thanks for that clarity, Beek. :)

eyeoneblack
30th July 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi, Oliver. I didn't read YOUR post before I replied to Beek on purpose. Now that I have I see you support her thoughts but you add another wrinkle, which, oddly, was a point I tried to make to CaterpillerWoman in her thread on Law of Attraction.

On the other hand, if that guy was a karmic challenge for others working there, it might well be that while this specific situation resolves, another one arises for example for your daughter, but in another area of life, seemingly unrelated. The energies behind situations reassert themselves and manifest themselves in a new way, drawing people in to act them out. Somebody who changes the form but leaves the energy untouched ends up quickly in a situation where new forms arise and then has the same choice again - try to influence or leave it be.
This energy will seek to manifest one way or another. Be it thwarted in one direction it'll pop up somewhere else. Let's just hope it was this fellow's energy beast and not Lucy's. Do you think if that were the case, Lucy may be free of it?

For me the real magic is less involved with actively interfering with things. First and foremost you have to understand the energy dynamic unfolding for all the people involved, what roles they play in there, why they got attracted to play a role in it, and then navigate a way out of the dynamic that resolves it in a beneficial way. When you have done this for yourself, you can either aid by advice, and sometimes even get part of the energy moving again if it is stuck. But knowing the nature of the energy dynamic is the best bet for resolving it.
Couldn't agree more! The energy worker must stay detached and apart from the dynamic which, as the father, is almost impossible, so I've given my daughter clue's to leave her work at work when we see each other. Her and my son-in-law's lives are such a tangled mess right now, it's almost more than I carry. But certainly that she has steady and fruitful employment is a primary concern.
They are working hard to get back on an even keel, but it's a struggle that weighs on me because I can't help but be sensitive to it. It's just my nature. I think you understand from my post that I don't make a habit of interference by will. I like that better than calling it magic, because I don't do ritual type stuff*, it IS just an exercise of will.

In this sense, it is foresight. Reading the energy and knowing where it is heading is a primary skill.
That pretty much resolves the issue well for me, Oliver. It becomes basically two sides of a coin. Thanks for a mew perspective and I can feel a little more at peace with myself. Thank you.

Richard

*Ok, there's a little ritual envolved, but not like drawing a circle and donning garbs and envoking the the points of the compass sort of thing. :lol:

p.s. my operating system (Windows 7) is having some trouble here. Will need to see what's up??

Neil Templar
30th July 2011, 08:22 PM
my initial thought upon reading the OP is - there might have been a lesson in that situation there for your Daughter that she will never learn, or will have to go thru at some later time anyway...
just a thought...

psionickx
31st July 2011, 11:40 AM
there might have been a lesson in that situation there for your Daughter that she will never learn, or will have to go thru at some later time anyway

astutely noted.

eyeoneblack
31st July 2011, 01:39 PM
This is true. But aren't we all replaying old energy patterns/difficulties throughout our lives? So if we move the pea from here to later, does it really make any difference? The bogey-man will return. If we can find relief here and there, obtain a respite from ingrained habits and challenges, it's not a bad thing.

Maybe if we move the 'pea' from here to never again, as a habit is acquired not to have to deal with such a situation again. The life of a student in high-school comes to mind. Problems in that setting will likely never be encountered again. Never again will the student have to deal with such a diversity (mal-adapted) as he must face during these years. Life gets easier. So, if you can get beyond it (either by graduation or by internal psychological means) you may never have to face such trials again.

Seriously, don't you agree??

Korpo
31st July 2011, 09:27 PM
Not really.

It is not necessary for the same thing in the same circumstances to happen again, the energy however will reassert itself until properly resolved. Till then it will find new forms.

The setting will change, forms will change, problems recur. If you avoid dealing with certain people, the specific people may vanish out of your life, only to be replaced by all-too-similar people. Similarly, high school is a training ground for social behaviors that will play out during later stages during your life, over and over, too - finding an identity, peer pressure, looking for expression in all kinds of ways, experiencing dependence, a striving for independence... these topics replay themselves over and over in new varieties, posing new challenges out of similar building blocks.

Respite comes from having understood and resolved an energy, having processed and finished it. Till then the discomfort may return to remind you of your unfinished business. Anything else is just temporary respite. Only inner change is reflected as energetic change.

Reincarnation adds an even bigger scope to this. Behaviours repeated over and over, till released. Again, it is an inner change that absolves from repeating the past - even the folly of past lives. Understanding a situation brings the potential for changing it and not experiencing the same again - at least if the resulting actions match the understanding. If somebody is prone to let others take advantage of himself, then the pattern will repeat regardless who is currently taking advantage. If one understands the nature of the exchange then one can start to change it, and if one does the work ("karma" means work) to implement the change and starts to live the change, then the pattern is broken and does not repeat.

The easy way is the hardest if you ask me.

Beekeeper
1st August 2011, 11:19 AM
But, there's always grace and guidance and none of us sees the bigger picture nor knows the timing of these things.

psionickx
2nd August 2011, 07:34 PM
that was cool psyonickx good rap but could you be a little more interpretable i mean for old farts like everybody over 30
might be true ...seeing how im not even out of my mid20's yet.

What do you really think? If we guard ourselves against ‘negative energies’ then why not guard ourselves against negative workers? Hope to hear what you think

I think the issue is more concerned with prudence than it is with occult manipulation or prescient faculties , as in the fact i noted there was no verbal communication with the offending party before getting into energetic tampering.
i think its well within the relam of possibility to assume had the aggressor been warned (or least alerted) to offence , a mutually satisfactory resolution could've been achieved so rendering occult manipulation redundant.
Also there are issues here regarding intercession (involuntary as so stated) and karmic reverberations.

eyeoneblack
3rd August 2011, 03:36 AM
that was cool psyonickx good rap but could you be a little more interpretable i mean for old farts like everybody over 30 could you explicate and expediate your sense of 'seriously' assuming you have some of that sh**?

I really don't appreciate (as if you cared) my thread being graffitied in such a way. I would much rather like for you to engage with us. This discussion is not over. Korpo has made a point to which I will respond, in an intelligent way, I hope.
What do you really think? If we guard ourselves against ‘negative energies’ then why not guard ourselves against negative workers?
Hope to hear what you think.....
Richard

Neil Templar
3rd August 2011, 10:08 AM
If we guard ourselves against ‘negative energies’ then why not guard ourselves against negative workers?

Good point, i don't really see any difference between "energies" and "workers".

Perhaps offering to show your Daughter how to protect herself might have been a wiser course of action?

eyeoneblack
3rd August 2011, 04:05 PM
Good point, i don't really see any difference between "energies" and "workers".

Perhaps offering to show your Daughter how to protect herself might have been a wiser course of action?

Quite right, Neil. We accept that we can defend ourselves against 'negs', but might there come a time when defensive action should become offensive, aggressive action?

The consensus here is I should have acted differently. I accept that. But daughter has been beaten down over the past year looking for happy employment. She's cried and been very frustrated. She finally found a gig that meets with her talents. I'm pulling for her and if anybody (else) gets in her way, they'll have me to answer to.

Richard.

That's the way I feel, but it's not real. I just hope this sort of thing doesn't come up again. (It's not nice to psss Papa bear off :lol:)

sono2
4th August 2011, 06:23 AM
This is a hard one - & Korpo & EyeOneBlack, you have both expressed my own thoughts very well! It reminds me, though, that I often "zap" a certain Director of the company where I work with white light & healing - but this is, admittedly, from my own intention of "self-preservation" against his bizarre behaviour. It works! I wish him only well, but I could not handle being either blamed for things I had nothing to do with, or praised for really facile things. But I think I have reached an emotional plateau now, where neither undeserved praise nor blame has any effect on me; so this is definitely a lesson I have learned from him!

eyeoneblack
13th August 2011, 04:15 PM
Hmm. I don't see a 'delete' option. Must be somewhere?

(I had to remind myself to keep my mouth shut :lol:)

psionickx
14th August 2011, 02:50 PM
that was cool psyonickx good rap
Thankyou thankyou! glad u liked it - i made it onspot even! (ive got madskills that way):jester:

but could you be a little more interpretable i mean for old farts like everybody over 30

awww.. i dont know you at all eyeone .... but anyone who has sublime taste to appreciate my rapping :arrow: i would exempt from the oldfart category! (fwiw) :heart:

eyeoneblack
14th August 2011, 06:16 PM
HeHeHe. You're a silver-tounged one are'nt 'ya! But, you know, I worried about that comment (as I often do about the things I write). Glad to know you have great sense of humor.

Love 'ya.

Richard

psionickx
14th August 2011, 08:03 PM
HeHeHe. You're a silver-tounged one are'nt 'ya! But, you know, I worried about that comment (as I often do about the things I write). Glad to know you have great sense of humor.

Love 'ya.

Richard

back atcha :heart: