PDA

View Full Version : Dream, Lucidity, or Reality

GRANT
28th July 2011, 10:51 PM
Just a little writing, or maybe ramblings.

I know that if you're in a "state" you're supposed to do a reality check to see if indeed things are "fluctuating".
However, a lucid state may be so real, as compared to the awake state, that you may not be able to tell if you're lucid or awake. Its amazing.

Last night I guess I was so lucid that I thought I was in reality, so I didn't apply the test because I thought my test would reveal that I was awake. Needless to say, I didn't bother to try and fly or fight off enemies (who may have been dwellers)--because my test would say that things were in reality.

It wasn't untill I awoke, and then some time later in the day, that I realized that it was a lucid dream and I could have done the OBE type things.

Grant

ButterflyWoman
28th July 2011, 11:15 PM
This is why it's a good idea to do reality checks throughout the day, when you're awake. You get into the habit of doing it (even if you expect you already know the answer) and are more likely to do so when you're dreaming.

GRANT
29th July 2011, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I always do the reality checks. Its strange that I was going to do it at that time; but decided that it was reality--so I didn't do it. I guess the best reality check to do is to see if you can fly. However, I wonder now, if you're ( or mind is) convinced its reality, even if its not reality, you won't be able to fly.

There must be other clues to convince you that an OBE is in progress or lucidity is at play.
I guess we would look awfully foolish if we try to fly and its in this time zone, ha--could you imagine!.

Grant

CFTraveler
30th July 2011, 10:12 PM
That has happened to me in the past.

GRANT
1st August 2011, 08:35 PM
Hi Gang,
I'm just thinking about this some more. Many times I have "confusing" dreams. Meaning that I know about what's going on, but its not quite right and I'm a little displaced. It could be about my job, about some strange but familiar place, kind of like--I know where this is; but can't find my place; maybe an old memory---whatever. I'm sure this happens to everyone. This in itself may be the clue--if you can remember to use it as the clue.

On thing I've noticed; however: If I listen very very carefully, there is a "buzz" sound to the event. The buzz is not loud and can easily be overlooked-----maybe thats the signal that a OBE is occurring in this type of circumstance.
Grant

Beekeeper
13th August 2011, 04:28 AM
It's possible that sometimes we're meant to be lucid but not aware of the dream and there's a subtle mind control that ensures we stay in that state in order to undertake certain exercises.

GRANT
18th September 2011, 08:31 PM
Same thing happened again, I knew things were not quite right and I thought of the possibility of doing the reality check; but, things were so real I didn't do it. The problem or contradiction was (is) that I knew I was becoming lucid (or was lucid) and I still did not try to fly because I thought it was real,; and I knew it wasn't. I don't understand why I did not apply the test.
Grant

Korpo
18th September 2011, 08:56 PM
Same thing happened again, I knew things were not quite right and I thought of the possibility of doing the reality check; but, things were so real I didn't do it. The problem or contradiction was (is) that I knew I was becoming lucid (or was lucid) and I still did not try to fly because I thought it was real,; and I knew it wasn't. I don't understand why I did not apply the test.

I wouldn't sweat about it. I don't think there's a problem here really. It is a matter of picking up on the right cues instinctively. I'd think that happens mostly on its own and is the prerequisite to getting lucid later on - your consciousness will uncover the inner sense abilities needed to detect what environment it is in. Think of it as finetuning and training still happening.

For the moment the environment surrounding you seems real to you. Kurt calls this perceptive bias - your perception accepts the reality it finds itself in. Developing the inner senses of that energy body will establish what is needed to look beyond that and it takes time to run its course. While training cues to spot it might help the process along, it might not be all there is to it.

There is not just lucidity and non-lucidity, there's an unfolding of more and more of your awareness in that state, like described here: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?4572-Kurt-Leland-s-10-levels-of-dream-awareness. You seem to have scored at least a six on that scale, but there's still some way to go to move to flight. Still, progress is visible - and some days will be better than average and some worse.

Summerlander
18th September 2011, 10:19 PM
Here's what you can do when you are having a dream that is so vivid that you mistake it for reality. Simply look at the tip of your finger for about ten to fifteen seconds. Make sure that the finger is within 4 - 6 inches away from your face. Within that time, there will be fluctuations because dream objects cannot withstand close observation for long.

You can also do the pinched nose check. Do it in this way:

1 - The breathing test:

Pinch your nose to the point where your airways are completely blocked. Now try to breathe through your nose. If nothing unusual happens - like the inexplicable continuation of breathing - then move onto the next test...

2 - The pain test:

Continue to pinch your nose and apply the necessary pressure to induce pain. If pain is felt, move onto the next test...

3 - The thumb-index test:

Continue to apply pressure on your nose and attempt to make the tips of your thumb and index meet. Imagine this happening at the same time. If this is impossible and further pain is felt, just stop. If the thumb and index meet inside your perceived nose, then the waking state can be ruled out.

By the way...you weren't lucid. There is a difference between "vivid" and "lucid" when it comes to dreams. The be lucid in a dream is to know that you are dreaming - regardless of whether or not the surroundings are vivid/realistic - in which case, you weren't because you were not sure (there were doubts).

GRANT
19th September 2011, 06:32 PM
Thank you guys for the advice and I will apply it. Although I though it was reality, I knew I was dreaming, but still didn't apply the tests. Perhaps I was in a vivid state on the verge of lucidity? If I can willfully fly, would that be Lucid, I mean if I can control my flight at will.

2 nights ago I had the reality vs projection. I asked someone in the "realm " Can you see me when I fly?". The person told me "No". He said that because to him I just simply disappeared when I flew. When I stopped flying and looked at him, he could see me again. So, I figure when I fly, the others could not see me.

Last night, I did the same test to another person and he said that he could see me; but he wasn't sure because he might be only dreaming.

Usually, when I fly around people in the realms they can see me and do not thinkl anything unusual about it; since, they can fly also.

I've been trying to project into the real time zone, since, its been a while, Astral projection seems easier for me.

Grant