PDA

View Full Version : Childhood Imagination

enoch
15th April 2006, 09:46 PM
At approx 2.00am this morning my 2 year old daughter came to my bed side and asked me where the lady had gone. I sat up in bed trying to focus on the bluey hue of her face and noticed a brilliance in her eyes, sparkling in the darkness. I asked her who the lady is and she replied that it is her "friend" and that the lady had been sitting on her bed. She then told me, in the fragmented way that toddlers do, that she wanted to sleep and she that was tired but the lady kept tugging at her arm.

I helped her back into bed, gave her a drink of water, tucked her in and returned to my own bed where I contemplated the lady that she'd seen by her bed side.

This morning I asked her again about the lady and she hadn't changed her story. But she did add that it made her scared.

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach scenarios like this? My girl is my first and only child and I'd dearly love her to develop a very clear and active imagination, but I don't want to drag her into a world where she cannot distinguish between the two and cause her upset. I'm so looking forward to helping develop visualisation techniques in order for her to enrich her life.

How would you respond to a little girl with those sparkling, wonderful eyes, standing, gleaming at your bed side at night and wanting to know "where has lady gone?"

CFTraveler
15th April 2006, 10:48 PM
Well, I have gone through something similar with my son, but he was a little older at the time. I told him that there are many kinds of dreams, and some were from your imagination (made up) and some are from your ability to 'see far away'. (He has many flying dreams and I'm sure he OBs. So I'm in the interesting position of teaching him about the 'larger reality' without making him feel vulnerable. So option #2 sounds more like phasing or distance viewing, and he feels safe.
I would ask her why was she scared- then go from there. If you need to tell her she's an angel come to visit her that's fine, but if she's scared you need to determine why- is it the fact that there was a stranger by her bed, or something else, something scary?
With my son it was more clear cut- he had vampires and scary dogs visiting him at night. So I told him that the thing about dreams was that if he knew he was dreaming he could turn them into puppies, because HE HAD THE POWER, and if he didn't know (or think) he was dreaming, to remember that vampires are scared of the light and then he slept with a flashlight until he didn't need it anymore.
If you feel that the 'lady' is something out of her subconscious, a need for something (I don't know how your family life is) then maybe you can get her to talk about the lady, maybe get her a doll, something that can somewhat address the possible need for female protection/overseeing . Of course I'm just guessing here but you get the idea of how I think.
If you determine that she is scary for a reason and not psychological, then some passive countermeasures are in order and maybe something to make her feel better- a guardian angel plaque by her bed or something nonthreatening to make her feel better.
I was lucky with my son- it worked with him and he has a pretty good feel for things- so when he gets old enough his learning about OBEs and things of that nature shouldn't be too weird.

Rayson
16th April 2006, 12:48 AM
To be honest- with kids, I'm rather fond of leaning on the side of cautian. I would place countermeasures, particularly holy symbols and herbs (from the list of countermeasures in PPSD) which your daughter likes the smell of (not everyone takes to the fumes of rosemarry). I would tell her that they are signs of love and keep her safe, from you, and from God, if you are inclined to teach her about a divine figure. I would ask that these measures are granted the power to keep negative entities away, and only allow spirits with the highest intention of good to be able to visit her.

I'm trying to keep this neutral of belief, and also neutral from the duality of good and evil, though to be honest, they may be helpful in making a 2 year old feel safe, and while humans should evolve past good and evil duality, year 2 might be too early on the developmental path to worry about that.

I may have read once that certain neg countermeasures also keep positive spiritual beings from entering the physical plane in the areas they are laid. However- I'm not certain I heard that, and I'm even less certain it's true- asksomeone who knows better. If this is an issue, then I would stick with the holy symbols, and perhaps holy water, as those seem unlikely to me to interfere with the visitation of anegls or lesser positive spiritual beings. However, I feel that angels are not frequent visitors to humans anyhow (I have very little knopwledge of non-angel positive spirits), so I feel like any harm done by the countermeasures would be offset by the potential for good here.

As for visualizations, you could try and tell her to turn the lady into a giant rainbow, or unicorn, or picture the lady turning very very bright.

Just some thoughts. I hope some other people with more experience and knowledge add theirs as well. Working with adults ismore my area of knowledge.

enoch
19th April 2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated. :wink: