PDA

View Full Version : First "real" lucid dream

FlickeringThoughts
16th April 2006, 07:50 AM
I have been have "half-lucid" dreams for as long as I can remember..where I know I am dreaming, and I can either let myself sleep, or I can awake myself. But even though I knew I was lucid dreaming, I had never tried (it never occured to me) to try to control my dreams.

That changed last night - impressive after only a few days back on the message boards! Goes to show you just how much some serious thinking can do ya good huh.

Anyway, for some reason, I was dreaming my normal little dreams, when it became lucid (I'm pretty much use to bein half lucid in all my dreams, I know when I am dreaming and I know when to wake myself up in some dreams, I have a feeling that something will turn bad.) For some reason, I said to myself, in the dream.."I know I'm dreaming, and I know I'm lucid..let's try to control something."

SO I did. It was very rough...I tried to control the dream by spawning my girlfriend in front of me, after walking a couple of feet. I was able to do it, but it gave a blurry "tearing" sensation, I guess because my mind was not use to letting go of what I was trying to get rid of so I could conjure something new. So it was hard to control, but I could do it, to an extent. I felt sluggish and felt like I was kind of trapt since my mind was trying to hold on to what I was dreaming before. One thing led to the next and I was having dream sex with my girlfriend. It was working and the next thing I know, I had a false awakening. I had though that my dad had knocked on my bedroom door and turned away when he saw me "having sex with the air" (as my body was doing what I was doing inthe dream). I thought...ugh..my dad just saw me trying to hump the air. But either way he just turned away and left the door cracked open. After that, I actually awoke, and the door to my room was completely closed...

So, that is pretty much my first "real" lucid dream..I can't wait to try it out some more..think I'm just gonna go do that right now! G'Night everyone. Anyone have any suggestions just leave em here I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Kevin