PDA

View Full Version : Some advice on my progress needed!

jamboh
5th August 2011, 11:23 PM
well my practices have come along some way, and I have a bit more experience under my belt, but I feel it's time again to ask for some more of everyone's generously given advice!

So here's where I am so far.

I'm trying to practice everyday and usually manage at least one AP/meditation session in the evening, invariably lasting around one hour. I now feel confident with getting into a decent trance state (heavy/falling, fuzzy, disconnected, bloated/expanded feeling sometimes) and it usually takes between 5-15mins to achieve, and I can hold that state comfortably for more than an hour. This was my first main goal and I wanted to get confortable in inducing and holding a trance before I moved on to projection attempts. So I figure now is maybe the time to move on to the next stage.

Quite often during my trance meditations I have experienced the vibrations, usually some 30mins - 60mins into the session, but once or twice after just 10mins or so. I haven't knowingly induced them, they just spontaneously start sometimes.. I guess it's my astral double naturally trying to project after my body has fallen asleep? When they occur I've been trying to relax and just observe the process and let it happen in the hopes that I'll project.. but usually they peter out before they really get going, or a few times they will be at full blast for a time and then peter out. I can honestly say that i can hold my cool when they happen although they do give me a bit of an adrenaline-type feeling, but perhaps i am uncosciously tensing and that is preventing the projection? What are the possible reasons why they should stop?

I want to move on to inducing the vibrations rather than just waiting for them to happen spontaneously to increase the frequency.. but I'm having a few problems.

My main doubt is that my body is insufficiently relaxed. Exactly how paralysed should the body be in order to project? I've never really felt paralysed during my trances and can always move my body if I need to.. although it feels numb and unresponsive at first. I know it says in AD that the body must be 100% relaxed for AP... is that an over-exaggeration?? How much of a disconnect between mind and body should there be before projection will be allowed? Should I be completely unaware of my body?

Also I have a problem with my legs tensing up all the time.. it takes a considerable part of my focus for me to stop them tensing just when I'm sitting in trance, so when it comes to applying any kind of projection technique (eg. Rope) that requires mental tensing, my legs will automatically tense up as well. Does anyone have any advice as to how to separate the mental tensing from my body.. or is it just a matter of practice?

Also, should I do energy work before I attempt any projection techniques?

Sorry for the long questions but they've been building in my mind for some time. I know that the vibrational state is just on the cusp of projection so it seems like I should be nearly there.. it's a shame to get so close without a result every time! How close do you think I am to projecting? If I can learn to induce the vibrations at will that should be another step closer, but I am still wondering if my relaxation is sufficient...

Beekeeper
6th August 2011, 12:34 AM
I'm trying to practice everyday and usually manage at least one AP/meditation session in the evening, invariably lasting around one hour. I now feel confident with getting into a decent trance state (heavy/falling, fuzzy, disconnected, bloated/expanded feeling sometimes) and it usually takes between 5-15mins to achieve, and I can hold that state comfortably for more than an hour. This was my first main goal and I wanted to get confortable in inducing and holding a trance before I moved on to projection attempts. So I figure now is maybe the time to move on to the next stage.

This is fantastic progress! I'm sure you're deriving benefits from this practise alone.

Quite often during my trance meditations I have experienced the vibrations, usually some 30mins - 60mins into the session, but once or twice after just 10mins or so. I haven't knowingly induced them, they just spontaneously start sometimes.. I guess it's my astral double naturally trying to project after my body has fallen asleep? When they occur I've been trying to relax and just observe the process and let it happen in the hopes that I'll project.. but usually they peter out before they really get going, or a few times they will be at full blast for a time and then peter out. I can honestly say that i can hold my cool when they happen although they do give me a bit of an adrenaline-type feeling, but perhaps i am uncosciously tensing and that is preventing the projection? What are the possible reasons why they should stop?

Again, this represents significant progress as you become familiar with differing states of consciousness. You appear to have exactly the right kind of attitude. I hope you've been making exit attempts after the vibrations cease because this is often the best time to get going. Often all it entails is imagining yourself floating out.

There are different theories on what causes the vibrations and, therefore, on what causes them to stop. One is that the vibrations are a reaction of a certain aligning of energy bodies. Their ceasing may indicate that all is ready or that you lost the initial state that led to the vibrations. Relaxation is, of course, very important. That's why people are often advised to make their projection attempts after 41/2-6 hours of sleep.

My main doubt is that my body is insufficiently relaxed. Exactly how paralysed should the body be in order to project? I've never really felt paralysed during my trances and can always move my body if I need to.. although it feels numb and unresponsive at first. I know it says in AD that the body must be 100% relaxed for AP... is that an over-exaggeration?? How much of a disconnect between mind and body should there be before projection will be allowed? Should I be completely unaware of my body?

In my experience and based on what I've read of other's experiences, there is considerable variation on this one. Generally, the more relaxed the better but not always. I've spontaneously projected during nights when I've been particularly un-relaxed, for instance, once when sleeping in an noisy, hot hotel room in an uncomfortable bed and on another occasion at my inlaw's when their baby cried throughout the night and we were squashed on a double bed instead of our usual queen. Even with my induced projections there has been variation in my state of comfort. Robert has also pointed out how a little discomfort is beneficial in preventing deep sleep from occurring and the loss of recall.

Also I have a problem with my legs tensing up all the time.. it takes a considerable part of my focus for me to stop them tensing just when I'm sitting in trance, so when it comes to applying any kind of projection technique (eg. Rope) that requires mental tensing, my legs will automatically tense up as well. Does anyone have any advice as to how to separate the mental tensing from my body.. or is it just a matter of practice?

You could try different exit techniques like rolling or floating or sinking.

Do you sit cross-legged? Have you tried sitting with your legs out in front, instead? Perhaps you could use some visualisations to loosen your legs up- try imagining they're made of rubber. Maybe you could do some leg stretches before you attempt trance.

Also, should I do energy work before I attempt any projection techniques?

It's up to you but most people seem to like to do them at separate times so they don't feel over-stimulated.

Sorry for the long questions but they've been building in my mind for some time. I know that the vibrational state is just on the cusp of projection so it seems like I should be nearly there.. it's a shame to get so close without a result every time! How close do you think I am to projecting? If I can learn to induce the vibrations at will that should be another step closer, but I am still wondering if my relaxation is sufficient...

Remember that waiting for vibrations may be your problem. If you ever just get the feeling it's time, respond to that.

Have you been having lucid dreams?

Would you consider asking a guide for help getting out? A few people on the boards have done this with good effect.

In this interview http://www.exploreyourspirit.com/Media/shows1.shtml#CAMPBELLBIGTOE, Tom Campbell opines that the reason people don't project or continue to project is because they're being protected psychologically by higher-ups until they're ready. It's always a possibility, I guess.

jamboh
6th August 2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your great reply Beekeeper! It certainly feels like I am making progess, but so far I'm not sure what concrete benefits I've derived except interest and enjoyment!

I didn't know that after the vibrations finish is a good time to try! I've been doing nothing, assuming the projection failed.. but I will definitely try and go for an exit from now on. I would actually like to try doing some projection attempts in the morning after sleep, as it would seem an ideal solution for my relaxation problems, but in practice I find the only time I can get alone is late at night.

I sit on an armchair so my legs are not crossed or anything. I think my legs being a bit straighter could actually help, so maybe I'll have to try and get a recliner or something, I know others recommend that as the best position.

No, haven't been having lucid dreams recently. I have had them before but only usually when specifically trying by using reality checks for a few days and doing the wake-back-to-bed method. Why do you ask?

Yes, I have considered that my higher self is blocking me from projecting for some reason unknown.. I have been using affirmations to try and demonstrate that I want this to happen. I can't be sure either way really so I will carry on in earnest!

Beekeeper
7th August 2011, 07:45 AM
No, haven't been having lucid dreams recently. I have had them before but only usually when specifically trying by using reality checks for a few days and doing the wake-back-to-bed method. Why do you ask?

Just that you can use these to launch projections and many people find this easier.

Yes, I have considered that my higher self is blocking me from projecting for some reason unknown.. I have been using affirmations to try and demonstrate that I want this to happen. I can't be sure either way really so I will carry on in earnest!

Well I wish you lots of luck!:D