PDA

View Full Version : Can't Us e Reply

greytraveller
10th August 2011, 07:35 PM
Greetings
First off I would like to say that the admin and mods have done a Really Good job with this new website. Thanx for all your work & effort.
My issue is with the regular Reply function. It does not work when I click that button. I am only able to use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of each thread. So far that has not been a real inconvenience. Yet at some point I may want to post a long reply and be unable to do that with the Quick Reply feature. So any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Grey

CFTraveler
10th August 2011, 09:40 PM
Hi Grey.
The Quick Reply box is 'Reply'; if you want to put a title on it or see a bigger text box, click on the 'Go Advanced' button in the right hand bottom corner of such box and you'll get a more comprehensive reply box.
IIRC, CW had made the 'Advanced' button the 'regular' one, but the last update reverted it to this way.

greytraveller
12th August 2011, 04:41 PM
Thanx CFT
One more question. Is it possible to use either the BOLD option or the Quotes option (the option that highlights blocked and pasted sentences) in the Advanced Reply? I see the emoticons but not the Bold or Quotes in Advanced Reply.

Regards
Grey

blis
13th August 2011, 09:23 PM
Thanx CFT
One more question. Is it possible to use either the BOLD option or the Quotes option (the option that highlights blocked and pasted sentences) in the Advanced Reply? I see the emoticons but not the Bold or Quotes in Advanced Reply.

Regards
Grey

Hi Grey,
go into settings and then general settings. Near the bottom of the page you'll find miscellaneous settings. Select, "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"

CFTraveler
14th August 2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks Blis for answering this one.
I just wanted to mention that I've been sick and not on the computer for what I think is a week, apologies if anyone thinks I'm ignoring them- it has not been possible for me to interact at all with the 'outside' world, so to speak.
I'm feeling a little better, so I may be more regular on the forums, but if you need anything important, the moderators here are doing an excellent job.

greytraveller
15th August 2011, 03:22 AM
Thanx both to CFT and blis.
And, yes, the mods Are doing an excellent job.

Sincerely
Grey