PDA

View Full Version : Hello

PurpleFairy
16th August 2011, 04:54 PM
Hi, I dont think I have ever astral projected before, if I did I dont remember it. I have had some kind of episode happen to me for as long as I can remember and I am curious as to what these experiences I have had really are.

I am 32 years old, and as long as I can remember I have these periods sometimes when I am awake where all of a sudden I feel really small. I can still see, hear, and move my body, however it doesnt feel right. I feel like I get real tiny, small, that or I am bigger, things dont look smaller, but if I put my fingers together such as my pointer and my thumb the space in between them feels weird. I am not sure how to explain it. During these experiences if I close my eyes I see a vast darkness, and not just the darkness of my eyes being closed, this is huge, it just keeps going and I can feel myself in it, in which I really do feel tiny, like a little dot in a huge space.There is nothing else there, things sound different now like they are far away, and there is always a thread, I can play with this string, it also feels strange, tiny really thin, my favorite thing to do during this time is to rub my fingers together over the string or play with it, . During these times I can feel things around me, such as clothes, and my body, but if I touch them it feels funny, kinda like they are now made of thread, they are really thing and almost like they are not there, bed sheets feel the same way. This has also happened during sex so if you can imagine how odd that is. I can feel the other person but like me when I touch my hands during these episodes they seem far away but yet close and tiny. I cannot control these episodes, I cannot make them happen or control when they end, I have tried to make them stop while happening. Sounds also seem thin if that makes any sense at all. Kinda like they are being slowed down and stretched out while being played in real time, almost like a echo of themselves.

Any idea of what this might or might not be. It just happens at random.

Thanks

psionickx
16th August 2011, 05:13 PM
Salutations - we have a lot of memembers well experienced with projection & if you have a gander at our forums i'm sure something of your interest will stand out & be of aid.
keep us posted , c u 'round :wave:

greytraveller
16th August 2011, 07:35 PM
Hallo PurpleFairy
It could be that you have those experience while in the half awake and half asleep state. This is known as the Hypnagogic state. In the hypnagogic state a person can view closed eye images that can seem very real. It is also possible in this state to hear realistic noises and feel very vivid movements (pushes, tugs, etc known as tactile sensations). This is nothing to be concerned about. Such images, noises and tactile sensations are actually very common. In fact some people can actually remain awake in a deep hypnagogic state long enough to enter the dream world awake. That is known as W.I.L.D. or a Wake Induced Lucid Dream.

Cheers
Grey

sleeper
16th August 2011, 08:14 PM
the feeling of smallness/bigness is a very common trance symptom; you seem to be in the 'space in between' deep trance and etheric projection. look into those some more (there are many resources on this site) and you will see what i mean.

also, the trance state happens accidentally all of the time, if you have certain habits.
do you sit perfectly still for long periods during the day, such as reading or doing computer work?
do you spend much time in the wilderness or outdoors?
do you meditate?
do you have a history of attempting lucid dreaming or meditation?

if i had to guess, i'd guess that you were doing intense concentration for fairly long periods of meditation (30 minutes or so) during the day. let me know!

welcome!

newfreedom
17th August 2011, 02:33 AM
Hi Purplefairy and Welcome :-)

Very interesting experiences you have, i was wondering did these experiences ever frighten or scare you at all.
i have had some strange experiences that felt quite scary at first, less so now, but even so, i still seem to be clearing fear from myself in relation to experiences

looking forward to reading more of your posts, have fun :mrgreen:

Beekeeper
17th August 2011, 09:31 AM
Welcome PurpleFairy, I wish you a joyful experience on the boards.:-)

PurpleFairy
17th August 2011, 01:54 PM
the feeling of smallness/bigness is a very common trance symptom; you seem to be in the 'space in between' deep trance and etheric projection. look into those some more (there are many resources on this site) and you will see what i mean.

also, the trance state happens accidentally all of the time, if you have certain habits.
do you sit perfectly still for long periods during the day, such as reading or doing computer work?
do you spend much time in the wilderness or outdoors?
do you meditate?
do you have a history of attempting lucid dreaming or meditation?

if i had to guess, i'd guess that you were doing intense concentration for fairly long periods of meditation (30 minutes or so) during the day. let me know!

welcome!

These states usually happen at random times. I used to live in the middle of the woods so its funny you should mention that, but these states never happen when I am still. They seem to happen when I am active. I usually only become still once they are happening because I cant get out of them and its very odd to feel like you are very tiny when your eyes are open and you are moving around, so I usually end up just either sitting and closing my eyes or laying down till the episode ends. I have never meditated day in my life, unless you call sitting at a pond watching frogs meditating, which is what I used to do as a child. I have never attempted to lucid dream either.
I love to read but these episodes do not happen then either.

If I had to describe them in relation to my life, I would say they happen most often when I am semi active, not sitting still but not completely busy like work or anything. Its almost like my mind says woo hoo!!! you're not too busy lets go play and off it goes. If I lay down to go to sleep or am relaxed it never happens. I am completely aware and can even talk to people and do things while this is going on although it feels odd to do so. This also has happened during intimate times.

I will look into the etheric and deep trance that you mentioned above.

PurpleFairy
17th August 2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all of the welcomes.

I do not know much about astral projection or meditation. It will be nice to be able to browse and read more about it.

GRANT
13th September 2011, 02:05 AM
Hi,

I am a little curious about your forum name. I am very interested in Faerys. I don't normally talk about these things; but they are real.

As for your experience, I also have become small, small enough to fly around and between plants. I have flown into their flowers and experienced many wonders. As for the vastness, there are "voids", blacker than black, nothingness. I'm not really sure what they are and I think they are just empty spaces between. If you get very small, I guess you would not see anything. If you go here or there, you may get to a place where there is nothing---yet---because no one else has thought about the region you are in at that time.

One thing I've noticed; however, is that at the edges of these "voids" there are usually life forms in their vacinity, leaving me to wonder that the "voids" are something. When you are at the void, you are also one of the life forms there. There are many voids.
Don't be afraid of them because they are a peacefull refuge; a place where you are in Astral form and can just think and be in awe of the vastness, the silience, the blackness, the aloneness.

Grant