PDA

View Full Version : Unable to exit

explorer
18th August 2011, 04:19 PM
Hi, I'm on day 52 of the MAP program. I have been diligently following the program without the use of the brainwave generator though. I have been doing fine with the meditation and the energy exercises. Often I find that I get through to the vibrational state - sometime they are patchy but there have been atleast 3-4 times so far when they've been very strong with the out of control racing heartbeat condition. However, they fade in a few minutes and I find that I'm unable to exit the physical body. The rope and ladder techniques generally lead to good vibrations but then when I try to exit using the roll out, floating or asking for help techniques nothing happens. It is like I am firmly attached to my body. I have felt muscle tension in my thighs and back from time to time and have been more physically relaxed lately but still the same issue. Any advice will be very helpful. Thanks!

CFTraveler
18th August 2011, 08:20 PM
I suggest you extend your energy body loosening routine- do it a bit longer, or go into a 'noticing' meditation in-between the loosening and the exit method.
If your vibrations go away, don't assume the chance is gone- many people exit way after the vibes have stopped.
If you have tried various exit techniques and still no dice, don't roll over and go to sleep- get up afterwards and walk around.

explorer
19th August 2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for your suggestions CFTraveler. I will give body loosening some more time.

Also, curious about exiting after vibrations have stopped phenomenon.How long could this be? What do you do meanwhile and eventually what triggers the exit?

CFTraveler
19th August 2011, 03:32 PM
Also, curious about exiting after vibrations have stopped phenomenon.How long could this be? It can be a few minutes to half an hour. It's different from person to person and changes within the same person as you get some experience.

What do you do meanwhile and eventually what triggers the exit? What I do is add some passive meditation after I'm done with energy body loosening- noticing, and listening to my earhiss is one of the many things I do. What triggers the exit is your willpower, I think- your absolute commitment to getting out at that time makes it happen. Or so it seems to be for me.

explorer
19th August 2011, 10:25 PM
Great, thanks for sharing! Will give this a try and report back.

explorer
23rd August 2011, 09:13 PM
One other quick question CFTraveler, what should I do when I start to feel high vibes - (a) try to exit using roll out or floatation (b) continue with the projection technique such as climbing a rope (c) go into noticing meditation

Thanks for the help!

CFTraveler
23rd August 2011, 11:10 PM
If you are feeling dramatic vibes (like very buzzy and possibly loud), I recommend you go into the rope technique- if the vibrations are very slow and wavelike (like floating in the ocean) I recommend 'going' with the motion- using a rollout or rocking technique. If no vibes at all, do the noticing and just see what happens next.

explorer
24th August 2011, 02:49 PM
CFTraveler, thanks for your advice again! What is the rocking technique - is it basically imagining/feeling the rocking sensation as in a rocking chair?

CFTraveler
24th August 2011, 03:27 PM
Yep; think of a rocking chair (or swing) in which you eventually fling yourself. Conversely, you can try a hammock (for a side-to side motion, depending on your symptoms.)

sono2
25th August 2011, 05:36 AM
While I don't have anything to add to CFTraveller's excellent advice, I do, for some reason, say something like "Out! Out, get out!" to myself as I feel the vibes (though I usually tend to slip out with out vibes). It seems to help me lift free, so it may help you, too?

explorer
25th August 2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys!

explorer
26th August 2011, 05:44 PM
Guys, how important is it to be in north-south position with your head towards north while trying to project? Have you projected successfully in other positions?

CFTraveler
26th August 2011, 06:17 PM
I personally don't think it's relevant at all. When Robert Monroe started projecting he thought it may be beneficial (because of the earth's magnetic field) but nowadays consensus is that the etheric body isn't electromagnetic- we don't know exactly what it is of course. A member named Yamabushi has postulated that it's a Meissner field (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?10498-Astral-projection) instead, if you like to look at things scientifically.
Ps. I believe (IIRC) that eventually Monroe decided it didn't make a difference. Not sure where I read it, maybe in his first or second book.

explorer
27th August 2011, 07:13 PM
Great, thanks!

explorer
9th September 2011, 04:32 PM
CFTraveler, wanted to keep you posted. No luck getting out so far. Also, I don't think trying the various techniques is getting me to the vibrations stage. I have had most luck with the rope and the visualizations. Just wondering if you thought it would make sense to stop trying the various techniques in the MAP program and try and stick with a few for some days to see how it goes.

CFTraveler
9th September 2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think trying the various techniques is getting me to the vibrations stage. You shouldn't be trying to get to the vibrations stage- you should be trying to (through the given techniques) induce a fairly deep trance- deep enough to have some sort of separation symptom such as pictures, voices, and possibly vibrations, if you're the type of person that gets them (which most new projectors are- but not all)- but the object is to get to the point of 'right before going to sleep' and maintain awareness. So it's either a matter of extending the trance work before doing your energy body loosening, or going back to trance and 'noticing' and 'listening' after the loosening techniques- until you get that change in awareness that lets you know you're in transition.

I have had most luck with the rope and the visualizations. Another caveat- rope should not be used to induce vibrations, because it it an exit technique. If you get vibes, you should be getting them before you try to exit.

Just wondering if you thought it would make sense to stop trying the various techniques in the MAP program and try and stick with a few for some days to see how it goes. If you are getting somewhere with the rope technique by all means extend it a little- but eventually you want to try them all, because as you change your exits will too, and you want to have as many techs in your 'toolbelt'.

explorer
12th September 2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. So, to make sure i got it right,
a. try to induce a deeper trance
b. do body loosening and go back to trance / noticing until exit symptoms appear - pictures, voices or vibes. Vibes may or may not happen. Any other exit symptoms I should be aware of? Also, basically keep repeating the loop of body loosening and noticing until exit symptoms appear, right?
c. try exit technique such as rope, ladder, steam engine etc.

GRANT
12th September 2011, 09:52 PM
Maybe you're trying too hard. You may have already projected and do not remember it.
For me, as I progressed, the vibes faded away; not totally: they do show up from time to time.
If the vibes are very strong, try to pull yourself out at one of the peaks, timed just right.
If you get too hung up on getting out, you just won't. Enjoy the vibes if anything else for what they are, get used to them, because for me, sometimes strong vibes are happening, but oddly,(can't explain) they could have been going on for awhile before they were noticed---even if they are very strong.
Grant

CFTraveler
12th September 2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the advice. So, to make sure i got it right,
a. try to induce a deeper trance
b. do body loosening and go back to trance / noticing until exit symptoms appear - pictures, voices or vibes. Vibes may or may not happen. Any other exit symptoms I should be aware of? Also, basically keep repeating the loop of body loosening and noticing until exit symptoms appear, right?
c. try exit technique such as rope, ladder, steam engine etc. Sounds right. And if, for some reason it doesn't seem to work, get up and walk around- don't roll over and go to sleep.