PDA

View Full Version : pain at the back of head and tailnobe

soulreaper
19th August 2011, 02:10 PM
hi guys......help me on this one
because of lying in a same position for long time......i start feeling a slight pain and uncomfortableness at the back of the head and tailbone.......
because of that uncomfortableness......i have to end the season even if i dont want to end.......
what can i do for this......?

psionickx
19th August 2011, 03:06 PM
do you have a history of blood pressure or sciatic pain?

soulreaper
19th August 2011, 03:18 PM
do you have a history of blood pressure or sciatic pain?
no

sleeper
19th August 2011, 03:25 PM
because of lying in a same position for long time......i start feeling a slight pain and uncomfortableness at the back of the head and tailbone.......
because of that uncomfortableness......i have to end the season even if i dont want to end.......
what can i do for this......?

try some padding.

are you lying on the floor or a mattress? pad it up!

CFTraveler
19th August 2011, 03:28 PM
what can i do for this......? You don't have to end the season- just rearrange yourself and continue on.

soulreaper
19th August 2011, 04:04 PM
try some padding.

are you lying on the floor or a mattress? pad it up!
i am doing it on mattress

sleeper
19th August 2011, 04:14 PM
i am doing it on mattress

a little folded cloth can make a big difference; i use folded fleece or t-shirt material during my longer meditation. actually my setup is elaborate - but i pay special attention to the heels of my feet and the back of my head.

Beekeeper
20th August 2011, 08:39 AM
Soulreaper, you may also benefit from some yoga stretches before you begin your practices.

sleeper
24th August 2011, 03:54 AM
did you try any of this stuff yet?

soulreaper
25th August 2011, 05:41 AM
did you try any of this stuff yet?
well i tried putting cloth and even a pillow
but still after around 1 hour, i start feeling uncomfortable and slight pain at the back of head
in the book the time for relaxation is only 5 minute.....
but seriously can you guys relax in 5 min.......?

CFTraveler
25th August 2011, 01:52 PM
In the book the guideline is five minutes- it can be more or less. Sometimes it's enough, sometimes it's too long.
If relaxing is a big problem, try getting up two hours before 'normal wakeup' time and go through the process- you already are relaxed from a night of sleeping, and you will get to the trance quicker.