PDA

View Full Version : Something about the crucifix.

Beekeeper
22nd August 2011, 08:37 AM
So, I'm reading a book that chose me while I was helping my son look for a philosophy book in the second hand book shop. It's by psychic, Dawn Hill, and is called "Reaching for the Other Side." Her partner becomes a channeller and she decides to buy him a crucifix for added protection after an unpleasant earthbound spirit pops by for a bit of possession while he sleeps. This isn't as alarming as it sounds as they remedy the problem by asking the author's guide, who has been using her partner to communicate with her, to act as protector and keep out future trouble makers.

She thinks he's coming under psychic attack one night when he begins clutching at the crucifix around his neck, trying to tear it away and gasping. She decides to throw herself across his body, feeling the crucifix will protect him and she must prevent its removal. At this point, her guide, David, speaks through him and tells her to get rid of the crucifix, to not touch it with her hands and to throw it out the window. Because David has proven his worth, she trusts him.

Later, David explains that the crucifix, as an ancient and religious symbol, serves the purpose of protection but one of the ways it can do this is through absorption. The couple had just moved into an old home that had absorbed a lot of negative energy that would have been a hindrance to their work as psychics and teachers. The crucifix had done its job and cleaned up that energy but needed to be disposed of and replaced.

ButterflyWoman
22nd August 2011, 08:57 AM
Interesting.

Some years ago, I was being hit with tremendous waves psychic attack because I'd been involved with an online group of women, mostly just a gossipy chat thing, but the "leader" was a real nutjob, as it turned out (I didn't know that prior to hooking up with them). When I left, somewhat acrimoniously, there were all these waves of psychic attack, probably initiated by the group leader. It was quite unsettling, to say the least (for the record, I don't think anyone involved consciously knew what they were doing; I believe a lot of psychic attack is entirely unconscious, in fact). At the time, I didn't even know much about psychic self-protection, though somehow I got the phrase dropped into my awareness and I started Googling (which is, by the way, how I ended up at Astral Dynamics, and I've been here ever since, so there's at least one good thing that came of it!).

One of my friends, however, was skilled in the arts of the medicine man (Lakota, I seem to recall, but I might be remembered incorrectly) and he made me a medicine pouch against psychic attack. I never knew what was in it, but it definitely had white sage because I could smell it. :) The pouch was small, not much bigger than the tip of my thumb, and for years, I carried it with me always, in a pouch I had on my keyring. I also took to carrying a few other blessed/enchanted objects in the pouch, as well.

Very recently, the leather pouch was exposed to a particularly unpleasant liquid, and the bigger pouch was rendered unusable. Also rendered unusable was the medicine pouch. It was just beyond saving, to put it mildly, so with some regret, I let it go, along with some of the other items I'd had in the big pouch (some I did keep, though).

Now that I'm thinking about it and reading this, I wonder if the medicine pouch had just kind of done its work and was "saturated" so to speak. Furthermore, I'm quite skilled at psychic self-defence now, including automatic and very effective shielding, plus my entire home is energetically warded (it's the most psychically quiet place I've ever lived). I had carried the medicine pouch out of habit and because at the time I got it, I really didn't have much of a clue how to protect myself. I'm just wondering if the whole accident with the pouch, etc., was a kind of nod that it was time to move on, because I can...

Beekeeper
22nd August 2011, 10:55 AM
Hmm, interesting. Seems like an explanation.:-)

On a related note, my friends who own the yoga centre claim they've seen the crucifix they had on the wall (one of a mixture of religious icons) move. It's a lovely cross and I'd hate to see them get rid of it but I wonder if I should pass on what I've read. That said, they recently closed down one of their centres to consolidate and it doesn't appear to have made the move.

psionickx
22nd August 2011, 01:54 PM
ours is a culture where 'evil eye' is a particular dread , we gaurd against it in everyday life and whatnot infact so much so that most elders of the clan on first notice take a handful of dry red chillies circumambulate them around the affected (the chillies are said to absorb the negativity into them) and then throw them good might into pot of burning hot coals.
Those who are adept at countering an attack can tell whom it came from as they see and hear from the smoke that the burning spices emanate.
Yet another way i've seen the elders work against an attack is to take a red thread and wrap it all over the affected so it 'leeches out' the negativity while scared verses are recited.
I've had experiences of "Direct Psychic" attack , the easiest way is to summon the Psychic Security Police (Dion Fortune gives the exact procedure in her book Psychic Self Defence).

Other than that i know of a method where if and whence your aggressor is correctly identified you can not only subdue the attack but also get a distinct confirmatory "sign" that the psychic energy is deflected to the originator a techinque that operates along the lines of "The Principle of Backfiring" except here that backfiring is "induced".

newfreedom
22nd August 2011, 03:45 PM
Interesting Beekeeper, thanks for sharing

I've heard something before about the cross holding the energy of suffering.....

I'm not big into crosses and don't think i've ever owned my own, but i'm not overly against them either, especially if they are pretty ones.

a real nutjob

Hahaha, this made me chuckle, i can identify with that title unfortunately,
:love: i love your style of writing sometimes CFW.... 'just my cuppa tea!'

ours is a culture where 'evil eye' is a particular dread

Forgive me for my ignorance, but is the 'evil-eye' the same as the 'all-seeing-eye' ?

xXx:mrgreen:

ButterflyWoman
22nd August 2011, 04:07 PM
i can identify with that title unfortunately
Oh, this lady was bad, and I mean, serious headgames and such. She was very paranoid and highly manipulative. I knew her somewhat before joining the group, but I didn't know how really twisted she was. I have psychic shielding now with her name on it.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but is the 'evil-eye' the same as the 'all-seeing-eye' ?
No. Generally, the all seeing eye is associated with the Eye of Providence:

Yes, that's on a U.S. dollar note. :) It's associated with protection, with God (in various forms), and is a symbol of goodness and providence and abundance. A variation is the Eye of Horus (the Egyptian god):

The "evil eye" is actually a curse. It's sometimes said to be placed on someone by a particular kind of eye movement (squinting, sometimes, or twitching, it's kind of vague as to precisely how this happens). But to "put the evil eye" on someone is to put a curse or hex on them.

Interestingly, the Eye of Horus and Eye of Providence are both ways to ward off the evil eye. An Eye of Shiva (Hindu god) probably serves the same purpose (a Shiva eye is either a specially cut stone that looks like an eye -- I have several in my own collection, including an amulet pendant -- or a kind of shell that's polished and made into a pendant or sometimes other jewellery).

CFTraveler
22nd August 2011, 05:29 PM
I wonder if a cross that's been with you for a while can be cleansed, for example like we do with crystals? While I was reading the original post I was visualizing dipping the crucifix in salt water and exposing it to sunlight afterwards.

Beekeeper
22nd August 2011, 08:49 PM
I'd hope so, CF, because some crosses are much too pretty to throw out.

Alienor
23rd August 2011, 07:57 AM
I would not throw out any crosses or alike for reasons described in that story.
What is negative energy is subjective. Energy that is negative for humans can be valuable for some trees for example. Also the earth does have a recycling system for the negative energies.

Throwing away an item that supposedly is full of negative energy, does not really sound like a good idea to me. If one would feel the need to dispose of an item to allow the energy to be recycled, in my experience it then should be broken to pieces. But such is rarely needed to be done.

newfreedom
27th August 2011, 05:00 PM
Oh, this lady was bad, and I mean, serious headgames and such. She was very paranoid and highly manipulative. I knew her somewhat before joining the group, but I didn't know how really twisted she was. I have psychic shielding now with her name on it.

No. Generally, the all seeing eye is associated with the Eye of Providence:

Yes, that's on a U.S. dollar note. :) It's associated with protection, with God (in various forms), and is a symbol of goodness and providence and abundance. A variation is the Eye of Horus (the Egyptian god):

The "evil eye" is actually a curse. It's sometimes said to be placed on someone by a particular kind of eye movement (squinting, sometimes, or twitching, it's kind of vague as to precisely how this happens). But to "put the evil eye" on someone is to put a curse or hex on them.

Interestingly, the Eye of Horus and Eye of Providence are both ways to ward off the evil eye. An Eye of Shiva (Hindu god) probably serves the same purpose (a Shiva eye is either a specially cut stone that looks like an eye -- I have several in my own collection, including an amulet pendant -- or a kind of shell that's polished and made into a pendant or sometimes other jewellery).

Thanks CPW, for your reply, the pictures are awesome~ Thankyou xx

Ah, ok i think i understand mostly now, so giving someone the 'evil-eye' would be similar to giving someone 'dirty-looks'...

My dad lost some sight in one of his eyes from a forceps delivery at birth, We rarely got on when i was younger as i was very strong-willed ( and naughty) and he used to give a certain look, which i would call the 'evil-eye', basically he disapproved. And it seemed he often disapproved. But the 'evil-eye' look he would give me, would always backfire on him, as on seeing this look, i would go 'mental'...... (eg. angry and shouting)

I have a copper ankh, which is my favourite thing to wear around my neck, i bought it for a friend, in 2006, but it seemed inappropriate to give and so i kept it and now i wear myself quite often at times.

I also have a blue stone-type ankh, i bought it as a gift for myself when my son and I were visiting a potencial University some years back now (Swansea Uni. in S.Wales UK) ~ this is very cool too !

And i have a small silver ankh, which a friend brought me back from her hols. in Egypt, around sometime around 2002...

I don't often wear this one and gave it to my daughter, as it's abit too delicate for me really.

I read somewhere that it is a good idea to take jewellry on and off regularly, so as to feel the difference, so one knows how the jewellry is affecting one's energy and self.

I do this automatically really, as i'm not hugely a jewellry person...

I have a friend who makes awesome jewellry, there was a beautiful necklace pendant which had a picture of a house with the door open, i really wanted this one, but could just not afford it...... It is no longer up on view, so i guess it was sold.... (i did not tell my friend i wanted this item, as knowing her nature a little, i was afraid she would just want to give it to me for free, or at a reduced price and i did not want this)

Here's the link, www.SpiritJeweler.com (http://www.spiritjeweler.com/)

Checkout the tree pendant necklaces, these are my current favourite ones.. xX

Beekeeper
27th August 2011, 10:56 PM
Her jewellery is beautiful!