PDA

View Full Version : Running of the Bulls.

Neil Templar
24th August 2011, 03:56 PM
I cannot recall the "story" of this one, just the main focus.
I was in Spain (i had been talking with a friend last night, about Barcelona), watching a series of guys bull fighting, or running down the streets in front of the bulls. Every time, the guys were killed. The last time was particularly gruesome. The dude was ripped apart by the MASSIVE horns of these GIANT bulls.:shock:
I had a feeling of not wanting to watch, but was unable to take my eyes away. Then when it happened, i was surprised to notice that i felt nothing for the stupid guy who took his life in his own hands by being involved in such a dangerous "sport", and i felt much compassion and respect for these huge beasts.

psionickx
24th August 2011, 08:39 PM
i felt nothing for the stupid guy who took his life in his own hands by being involved in such a dangerous "sport", and i felt much compassion and respect for these huge beasts.

-as it should be.

ButterflyWoman
24th August 2011, 10:09 PM
I was in Spain (i had been talking with a friend last night, about Barcelona), watching a series of guys bull fighting, or running down the streets in front of the bulls. Every time, the guys were killed.
The thing that comes to mind for me is the association of the word "bull" with the animal's excrement. And yeah, bull**** will get you every time.

Another that came to mind is the phrase "on the horns of a dilemma".

i felt nothing for the stupid guy who took his life in his own hands by being involved in such a dangerous "sport", and i felt much compassion and respect for these huge beasts.
I feel that way in waking life, personally. The kind of people who treat bulls that way are pretty much asking to be trampled or gored, IMHO.

CFTraveler
24th August 2011, 10:37 PM
What I thought about when I read your dream:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraic_mysteries#Interpretations_of_the_bull-slaying_scene