PDA

View Full Version : OBE Or Lucid dream ?

dexstar
29th August 2011, 09:41 AM
Hi There,

I just wanted to write, while it was fresh in my mind, (just woke up) about an experience i just had while using a MAP Technique.

Im not sure whether it falls under obe or lucid dream?

Background

just finished a night shift

came home and listened to the relaxation CD in MAP CD Companion

completed the routine and felt deeply relaxed, more so than usual as i am trying to pay more close attention to my breath while doing the exercise.

I continued after the routine just listening to the track until noises around my house brought me out of the moment.

I took off my headphones and turned over to get some sleep - still feeling that nice fizz of relaxation as a lay in bed.

Quickly felt myself drift off into the falling asleep/thoughts into dreams phase

from here. as has happened a couple of weeks ago. I found myself in my house thinking i was awake before noticing things that clearly werent right such as

i was chatting to my friend who lives miles away

objects in the room were out of place

with the 'noticing' , came the lucidity and the feelings of energy in place of my body and i was trying to descbribe to my friend what was occuring.

from here rather than try and wake up as i normally would i wanted to try some things.

i attempted to center myself and said/thought 'i want to leave my body'

with this i found myself at the end of my street the sky was so blue

I just ran and jumped off a water main marker in the sreet and flew up into the air above my town - the lift off was something i had never experienced yet felt so natural ( plus i dont like heights)

i flew over my town and decide push things further - i flew to the seafront where i live

landed on the promenade and walked along - there were lots of people going about there business ( feel these were part of my sub conscious as its never that busy )

decided to walk into town but found myself in a different area - ( sub conscious again ?) looked like spanish buildings.

decided to carry on walking and managed to get into town - again lots of people and dogs?

while here i tried to see if i could make people come into the town so i thought of my mum and she walked out of the very next shop - oblivious to me even when i walked right close to her face. Yet when i entered a shop (my mum had walked off) i tried to walk through the wall only to fail, bang into it and i heard laughing so not everyone/thing was oblivious to me

i carried on around town - and ended up in some alleys behind houses from here the way seemed closed so i wanted to go find a peaceful place to try 'lift off further'.

i tried to center myself but loud noises awoke me back into my room.

I am not sure how to classify this experience possibly a mixed bag of goodies

Please feel free to comment/advise

hope this finds you all well
:)

Beekeeper
29th August 2011, 11:46 AM
Unless you actually experienced the exit, it's technically a lucid dream. I suspect that your consciousness was focussed in your astral body right from the start and your bedroom was a dream bedroom, but you may have been in your etheric body until you asked to go out of body, at which point you were probably playing in a public zone on the astral plane.

CFTraveler
29th August 2011, 04:10 PM
.. but you may have been in your etheric body until you asked to go out of body, at which point you were probably playing in a public zone on the astral plane. I tend to agree with this part of Beek's answer. Of course, since you were expecting/desiring an OBE maybe it was a dream bedroom scene, but I tend to go with the RTZ is mostly etheric viewpoint- a sort of 'false awakening' turning into an AP kind of thinking.

dexstar
30th August 2011, 11:59 AM
great thanks for the replies.

Can i ask what you would be looking to do when you find yourself in a lucid dream?
Not that i am ungrateful for having these dreams but would like to keep progressing. As so far they are very motivating but heavily impacted by my sub conscious.

thanks again.:)

CFTraveler
30th August 2011, 03:19 PM
The answer is probably different for everyone.... I like to approach the characters in them and ask them who they are- really. And if they can answer I ask them what they represent, or what aspect of me they are.

dexstar
30th August 2011, 05:58 PM
approach the characters in them and ask them who they are- really. And if they can answer I ask them what they represent, or what aspect of me they are.

Thank you that sounds like a valuble learning tool,

Is it possible to have an OBE from a Lucid dream?

CFTraveler
30th August 2011, 06:06 PM
Yes. We have a thread about it (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?7866-Methods-to-OBE-from-Lucid-Dream) in the techniques section.

dexstar
30th August 2011, 06:10 PM
Thank you :)