PDA

View Full Version : Graphene

sono2
6th September 2011, 05:42 AM
I find this absolutely amazing, as I said when I posted it on another forum, it sounds almost like "astral technology" & makes me wish I had studied physics instead of music!

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2011-09/dbnl-awn090211.php

eyeoneblack
6th September 2011, 12:20 PM
Graphene is going to be the big thing. I hadn't read of light possibilities - can't even imagine where that will go, but in Nature mag it was stated that a single square meter sheet of graphene would support a small animal like a hammock, but would be virtually invisible (only 1 atom thick) to the eye. Like a 'force field' haha...

And like you, Sono, I made a career out of music, but my heart was in the sciences, especially physics, too. :)

CFTraveler
6th September 2011, 09:19 PM
Ha ha I've thought the same (except not music) and then try to tackle the math and get brought back to reality.
Very interesting.

eyeoneblack
14th September 2011, 08:06 PM
I was just sittin' and thinkin' when it occured to me; I'll bet there's a scientist out there thinking about a 'graphene cloak'. With graphene as a substrate and some sort of pigmented material overlying it one might be able to mimic the octopus in its remarkable way of copying its surroundings in its skin.

Perhaps one way to deal with perspective of the 'looker', irridescence could be employed so that the 'skin' would mimic the sky from a certain angle.

Dang. Wish I was a real scientist .

Beekeeper
15th September 2011, 07:02 AM
Next life, Richard.:lol:

newfreedom
15th September 2011, 09:48 AM
Next life, Richard.:lol:

Yep, Well there's always that i suppose...:lol2::wacky1: x-x-x