PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attack or failed OBE?

me
25th June 2005, 03:13 PM
When I was a teenager I was convinced I had cancer. Thats enough detail, I left it years without telling everyone.

When lying in bed I used to become uncomfortably aware of my heartbeat. I hated this because I couldn't get to sleep, it gave me the creeps and I began to start thinking stupid thoughts like "what if the cancer has finally got me" etc.. even though I was completely healthy.

Finally in a dreamy state, I'd sometimes begin to get the sinking sensation and vibrations talked of in Astral Dynamics. At the time, I thought "crap, I'm going to die, this is it". The only way to escape this awfull feeling was for me to leap out of bed and slam my chest with my fist.

When my worries were finally out in the open, my parents said that I was just having anxiety/panic attacks and my heart was fine etc.

A few years on, and after starting to read Astral Dynamics, I'm convinced now that if I'd not have jumped out of bed I would have experienced some sort of obe or... atleast something would have happened.

I'm now able to get this same sinking sensation and vibrations in the morning, after I wake up (as I am still sleepy in bed). It helps if i put my arms above my head. And just will my heart beat faster, then the sinking starts and my whole body tingles.. and then I feel like I'm slipping away into blackness.

This morning I tried to see what would happen if I finally just let go, because I wanted to see if I was capable of an obe.

At the most intense part of this mornings sensation I just suddenly heard the most clear deep voice in my head. (couldn't see anything) I couldn't make out what he was saying because I got really scared - thinking, this isn't whats supposed to happen, like in the book. So I just spun my legs round and sat on the edge of the bed.

What do you think this experience was? I'm going to try again tomorrow even though I've not been practicing the NEW techniques for very long, and am only a third through the book. Wish me luck!

violetsky
25th June 2005, 09:31 PM
Dear me,

Actually that is not all that uncommon. Many people just as they are exiting will hear unusual noises. Some hear crashing, roaring, barking like a dog is right by their side and even a few hear angelic choirs. I tend to hear sticks breaking or high pitch sounds.

A neurobiologist would likely say this is due to stimulation of parts of the brain as the experience is occurring. Since everyone's brain is wired slightly differently (dyslexics being a good example) everyone would have a slightly different experience. And the mind does work through the vehicle of the physical brain. Some people also see astral wildlife, creatures or people just before exiting. Again the neurobiologist would say this was due to stimulation of the visual cortex part of the brain.

The new ager would take a slightly different bent here and might suggest this is a personal guide who may have been speaking to you or even your higher self...Though a strong higher self connection tends to be associated with a lot of light radiating from a central point down to the person.

The metaphysist might say that it could be the Guardian of the Threshold. Here is some information on the Guardian or Dweller of the Threshold concept. It stems from Ancient Egypt. Doppelganger by the way refers to a projected form of you. Now, in Guardian of the Threshold slant it is actually the darker side of you that you must see before you take your first bold step into the greater reality. Some people see a nebulous dark cloud others actually see more physical forms.
http://www.uncletaz.com/doppel.html

Robert does notice that especially the first few times a person does wake-induced projection, they often see and hear things that scare them just before exiting. One possiblity here is that this is to make sure a person has some mastery over their fears, emotions, negative aspects because once you are out and about in the astral it is important to keep a level head. In the astral thoughts are things and if you get scared easily you could actually frighten yourself a fair bit. But this is just a guess as to why this might happen.

Very Best Wishes to you,
violetsky

me
25th June 2005, 09:39 PM
Wow thankyou. Strangely enough, I did feel as though it could have been me talking to me. The voice I heard sounded like when you listen to a recording of yourself - and you sound different than you expect.

I'm still unsure if what I'm doing is safe, as I'm not exactly following the 'rules'. But it is still a strange experience, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning ;)

violetsky
25th June 2005, 09:50 PM
Dear me,

Safe I guess depends on how easily you are able to calm yourself. Nothing can happen to you really. If you listen to Robert's radio interviews or read his books he discusses how your consciousness actually remains in your body. Literally you are making a doppelganger when you project. You are making a copy of consciousness and putting energy into this (through a silver cord) and sending this out to the astral. If anything happens to the copy you will wake up save and sound albeit tired because the energy of the copy may not have reintegrated back into you.

However, if you did not realize you are safe you might give yourself a very disturbing fright that could even unbalance you to a degree if you let it worry you a great deal and worry so much it caused say insomnia. There is also the very remote possibility that your fear might attract an energy and/or energy consciousness to you. Like attracts like. So it is always wise to learn how to calm the mind and think of the most positive things possible prior to attempting a projection.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

me
25th June 2005, 09:55 PM
Oh I suppose. but I'm not scared of being mentally unwell. I was thinking more of the physical side

violetsky
26th June 2005, 12:00 AM
Oh I suppose. but I'm not scared of being mentally unwell. I was thinking more of the physical side

It is good to hear you are confident mental unwellness will not occur. (At least that is how I took your post.)

About the physical, Robert frequently discusses how just before astral projection the energy sensations occur in the astral body and not the physical body. Robert has been hooked up to EEGs and electrodes when doing astral projections. For example when the heart chakra gets strongly activated it feel like the physical heart is racing almost to heart attack level, but in actuality the physical heart is not racing at all. Hope this helps.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

violetsky
26th June 2005, 12:35 AM
Dear me,

About the physical, Robert frequently discusses how just before astral projection the energy sensations occur in the astral body and not the physical body. Robert has been hooked up to EEGs and electrodes when doing astral projections. For example when the heart chakra gets strongly activated it feel like the physical heart is racing almost to heart attack level, but in actuality the physical heart is not racing at all. Hope this helps.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky